Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

BACHCHANS!! The Royal Family of B-wood (Page 4)

fan_of_Big_B IF-Rockerz
fan_of_Big_B
fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 8:55am | IP Logged

Amitabh Bachchan raps at 65

At 65, Amitabh Bachchan remains indefatigable. Even as he continues to shoot for a number of films juggling dates among Mumbai, Goa and Delhi in the last one week, he also found the energy, breath and time to record three songs for Vishal-Shekhar for two different films.

"That's not all. One more song remains to be recorded for Sujoy Ghosh's Alladin as soon as I return to Mumbai," the Big B said from Goa where he's shooting for debutant director Vivek Sharma's Bhootnath. Big B plays a ghost in Sharma's film. "I've sung a rap song for Vishal-Shekhar for my ghost's character in Bhootnath and another rap song for my djinn's character in Alladdin. Plus I recorded a soft lyrical number for Bhootnath. As soon as I return I'll record one more song for Alladin."

Vishal-Shekhar who've composed this carnival of crooning for the Big B, have been working on a non-film album of Abhishek Bachchan's hip-hop for producer Rohan Sippy for the last one year. That too will have singing inputs from the senior Bachchan.

"It looks like the music composers are thinking of an alternative career for me. They obviously don't think much of me as an actor," the Big B jokes before flying off to the London Film Festival for Rituparno Ghosh's The Last Lear, a film for which the actor's vocal prowess has come into much praise.

fan_of_Big_B IF-Rockerz
fan_of_Big_B
fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Double Stars
Their lives and destinies are entwined with that of the superstar Amitabh Bachchan. They have seen their rise and fall in the entertainment world to the tunes of Bachchan, who they imitate - both on stage and on screen. They are Bachchan's doubles. These look-alikes of Big B talk in his high baritone pitch and jig in his characteristic style. Now, they are the subject of a docu-drama which comes from the stable of National Institute of Design (NID) in Ahmedabad that was shortlisted and screened at the recently held Film South Asia in Kathmandu.

Nayantara Kotian's Casting Shadows tries to explore the double lives of Bollywood look-alikes through the life and times of Firoz Khan and Raj Kumar, who are earning their livelihood cashing in on nature's twist that makes them look like Amitabh Bachchan. The fact that ensures their demand in B-grade movies and stage shows. In fact, the two represent two Big Bs: Kal Ka Bachchan (Bachchan of yesteryears) and Aaj Ka Bachchan (Bachchan of today) is what Kotians call them. The film showcases Amitabh's success and his struggle in making a comeback on the silver screen.

"It has been framed as a half-documentary and half-fiction on Amitabh Bachchan and his doubles. While depicting the two eras of the superstar, the doubles argue in parts as to who is the bigger superstar - the Amitabh of yesteryears or that of today," said Kotian.

Divided structurally in three parts, the docu-drama also charts out the conflict in the character of the two look-alikes who seem lost in the shadow of the towering identity of Bachchan. "Their ambition to stand out as actors on their own is snuffed out in the process of imitating Amitabh," Kotian says. It also charts out a career graph of these doubles and focusses on how their life takes turns, involuntarily, in the same direction as that of Big B. "When Amitabh was passing through a rough career phase, the two were virtually out of demand. Their career was at stake. And as soon as he made a comeback, they were also propelled to more demands and shows," she points out.

The documentary finishes on a surreal note of the conflict of identity and the entwined destiny of these doubles with that of the real being, throwing light on the power of the brand name that is Bachchan.
fan_of_Big_B IF-Rockerz
fan_of_Big_B
fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Vishal Shekhar make Big B, Sanju and Abhishek sing

The birthday gift

11th October was a day that composer duo Vishal-Shekhar would never forget. No, they were not busy celebrating Amitabh Bachchan's 65th birthday. Instead they were grinning from ear to ear as they got a return gift from Big B himself when he recorded a song for them on the same day for Sujoy Ghosh's fantasy flick Aladin and the Mystery of the Lamp.

Unable to conceal his excitement, Vishal Dadlani reveals, "It was one of the highlights of our professional career. All these years we had been waiting for an opportunity like this when we would be able to compose a song with Mr. Bachchan. It was a nothing short of a dream coming true when he crooned the number 'O Re Saawariya'."

Shekhar Ravjiani adds, "Since Mr. Bachchan plays a genie in the film, 'O Re Saawariya' can be called as a 'genie-rap' song. It is a mad number and presence of Mr. Bachchan has taken it to a different level altogether. The song has turned out to be one wild affair and now we are excited to see how Sujoy gets it picturised on screen."

More to come

Apparently, this is not the only number which Big B has sung for Aladin and the Mystery of the Lamp. "That's right", says Vishal, "There is one more number which he has consented to sing for the film. Even this number is quite whacky in appeal. It is cool and a mix of urban as well as Bhojpuri elements. Imagine all the fun we should be having once the songs are on!"

"In fact we wanted him even in the song 'Chod Naa Re' that we composed for Kaante years back", divulges Shekhar, "Since the song was picturised on Mr. Bachchan in a major way, we thought that he would be the right fit for the song. Unfortunately things didn't work out at that time and Sudesh Bhonsle came in instead. Of course he did a very good job but then we always longed for the moment when we could get the original voice for a song of ours."

Big B and Burman connection

But why such a fascination with Bachchan's voice? "Arrey, what are you saying", Vishal interrupts with mock amazement, "I can safely say that he is one of the reason why I am a composer today. Sholay was the first film which I saw when I was a young kid. Later, the film had such a huge impact on me that I became a die hard Bachchan fan. Since R.D. Burman composed for number of his films, his music too made a strong influence on me and paved my way to become a composer."

Sanjay Dutt sings too

Well, this is not all what makes the soundtrack of Aladin and the Mystery of the Lamp special. It may well create a record of sorts when it comes to actors singing the song since Sanjay Dutt too has recorded a song for the album.

Confirms Sujoy Ghosh, film's director, "I was lucky to have actors who are also singers. We have been witness to so many popular numbers by both Amitabh Bachchan and Sanjay Dutt. The situations in the film gave us a good platform to have the two sing a few sings. Vishal, Shekhar and me have been together since Jhankaar Beats and later Home Delivery. Together we are a bunch of people who love to freak out when it comes to creating music. The same seems to be happening in Aladin and the Mystery of the Lamp as well."

"Sanjay Dutt's track is another delightful piece that we have been able to get in place. We recorded the song three weeks back with him", informs Vishal. "I can't reveal much about the situation for the song since the film's release is still some time away. What I can say though is that Sanjay Dutt has come up with yet another tremendous rendition."

In the future

It has been quite some time since news started making rounds about Vishal-Shekhar bringing a private album with Abhishek Bachchan. "It is definitely happening", confirms Shekhar, "It is just that none of us want to hurry up the project and compromise on even a single tune. We are looking at getting the album out soon. Meanwhile, we are also trying to rope in Mr. Bachchan as well for a song."

Concludes Vishal, "In any case, apart from Aladin and the Mystery of the Lamp, Mr. Bachchan would also be heard in Bhootnath which has music by us. We look forwarding to composing many more songs with him. The kind of energy he brings with himself is infectious and only aids in pushing yourself harder to get nothing but the perfect results."

umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Hey!

I thought that the Bachchans were in the Om Shanti Om song with everyone else but in the promo, they are not shown!! Confused
virgoqueen IF-Sizzlerz
virgoqueen
virgoqueen

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 10:58am | IP Logged

Edited by virgoqueen - 21 October 2007 at 11:06am
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 3:38pm | IP Logged

Vishal Shekhar make Big B, Sanju and Abhishek sing Click here to add this article to My Clips
  By Joginder Tuteja, October 20, 2007 - 13:44 IST
  The birthday gift

11th October was a day that composer duo Vishal-Shekhar would never forget. No, they were not busy celebrating Amitabh Bachchan's 65th birthday. Instead they were grinning from ear to ear as they got a return gift from Big B himself when he recorded a song for them on the same day for Sujoy Ghosh's fantasy flick Aladin and the Mystery of the Lamp.

Unable to conceal his excitement, Vishal Dadlani reveals, "It was one of the highlights of our professional career. All these years we had been waiting for an opportunity like this when we would be able to compose a song with Mr. Bachchan. It was a nothing short of a dream coming true when he crooned the number 'O Re Saawariya'."

Shekhar Ravjiani adds, "Since Mr. Bachchan plays a genie in the film, 'O Re Saawariya' can be called as a 'genie-rap' song. It is a mad number and presence of Mr. Bachchan has taken it to a different level altogether. The song has turned out to be one wild affair and now we are excited to see how Sujoy gets it picturised on screen."

More to come

Apparently, this is not the only number which Big B has sung for Aladin and the Mystery of the Lamp. "That's right", says Vishal, "There is one more number which he has consented to sing for the film. Even this number is quite whacky in appeal. It is cool and a mix of urban as well as Bhojpuri elements. Imagine all the fun we should be having once the songs are on!"

"In fact we wanted him even in the song 'Chod Naa Re' that we composed for Kaante years back", divulges Shekhar, "Since the song was picturised on Mr. Bachchan in a major way, we thought that he would be the right fit for the song. Unfortunately things didn't work out at that time and Sudesh Bhonsle came in instead. Of course he did a very good job but then we always longed for the moment when we could get the original voice for a song of ours."

Big B and Burman connection

But why such a fascination with Bachchan's voice? "Arrey, what are you saying", Vishal interrupts with mock amazement, "I can safely say that he is one of the reason why I am a composer today. Sholay was the first film which I saw when I was a young kid. Later, the film had such a huge impact on me that I became a die hard Bachchan fan. Since R.D. Burman composed for number of his films, his music too made a strong influence on me and paved my way to become a composer."

Sanjay Dutt sings too

Well, this is not all what makes the soundtrack of Aladin and the Mystery of the Lamp special. It may well create a record of sorts when it comes to actors singing the song since Sanjay Dutt too has recorded a song for the album.

Confirms Sujoy Ghosh, film's director, "I was lucky to have actors who are also singers. We have been witness to so many popular numbers by both Amitabh Bachchan and Sanjay Dutt. The situations in the film gave us a good platform to have the two sing a few sings. Vishal, Shekhar and me have been together since Jhankaar Beats and later Home Delivery. Together we are a bunch of people who love to freak out when it comes to creating music. The same seems to be happening in Aladin and the Mystery of the Lamp as well."

"Sanjay Dutt's track is another delightful piece that we have been able to get in place. We recorded the song three weeks back with him", informs Vishal. "I can't reveal much about the situation for the song since the film's release is still some time away. What I can say though is that Sanjay Dutt has come up with yet another tremendous rendition."

In the future

It has been quite some time since news started making rounds about Vishal-Shekhar bringing a private album with Abhishek Bachchan. "It is definitely happening", confirms Shekhar, "It is just that none of us want to hurry up the project and compromise on even a single tune. We are looking at getting the album out soon. Meanwhile, we are also trying to rope in Mr. Bachchan as well for a song."

Concludes Vishal, "In any case, apart from Aladin and the Mystery of the Lamp, Mr. Bachchan would also be heard in Bhootnath which has music by us. We look forwarding to composing many more songs with him. The kind of energy he brings with himself is infectious and only aids in pushing yourself harder to get nothing but the perfect results."

lucky_lakshmi IF-Sizzlerz
lucky_lakshmi
lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 22 October 2007 at 8:32am | IP Logged

CONGRATS GUYZ ON OPENING NEW FC!!!Big smileBig smile Mike and Uma...A good load of that congrats shud go to u too actually'1!!Embarrassed n Virgo ji tooEmbarrassed

Originally posted by umi82990

Hey!

I thought that the Bachchans were in the Om Shanti Om song with everyone else but in the promo, they are not shown!! Confused

Nope If I am not wrong..they arent there in the song...

lucky_lakshmi IF-Sizzlerz
lucky_lakshmi
lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 22 October 2007 at 8:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by umi82990

Hey Guys!!

Welcome to our new FC!! We decided to add a slogan to our FC but we barely got any entries. I added my entries and here they are. Please vote!!

1. The Royal Family of Bollywood
2. The Bachchan Paradise
3. Hail Bachchan Majesty
4. Sabse Ache Bachchans--Fan Club!
5. House of Talented Bachchans--Fan Club!
6. Everyone's Favorite Bachchans--Fan Club!
7. Koi Bachchans Ko Rok Nahin Sakte-Fan Club!
8. The Big Family of B-wood
9. The Best in Bollywood-Bachchans

I loved these the most"

1. The Royal Family of Bollywood
2. The Bachchan Paradise
3. Hail Bachchan Majesty

Uma...How many votes does ach person have??

Great entries...cool slogans!Big smile

Go to top