BACHCHANS!! The Royal Family of B-wood - Page 86

Posted: 16 years ago
The Last Lear Delayed Again
By MovieTalkies.com, 9 January 2008

The Last Lear has been on the international circuit for a while now but there are still no signs of the film releasing in India as yet. The buzz is that this Rituparno Ghosh directed English film for Planman Motion Picture Company, has no takers.

The few distributors for whom the film was screened have apparently shied away. It is believed that the not-so-flattering reviews have not helped the case either. But the film's producer Arindam Chaudhari begs to differ. According to him, the film has been very well received by audiences in Toronto, London, Rome, Dubai, and Goa. He is planning to release the movie in April with TV promotions starting in February. Planman will also release the Rajat Kapoor's Mithya and Saurabh Shukla's I Am 24 this year. As for the other Rituparno film, Sunglasses, starring Jaya Bachchan, Konkona Sen Sharma and R Madhavan, the film will apparently be released later this year. Sunglasses has taken a while because of its extensive post-production. Anyway,the reports are that Ghosh has overshot the budget for The Last Lear. But Chaudhari rubbishes saying that given the cast of the film, Amitabh Bachchan, Preity Zinta and Arjun Rampal, it is a reasonably budgeted film. A commercial film with the same actors would have cost so much more, he feels.
Hey guys!

Get set for a new FC tomorrow!!!

Enjoy our last moments here!

Originally posted by fan_of_Big_B

The Last Lear Delayed Again
By MovieTalkies.com, 9 January 2008

The Last Lear has been on the international circuit for a while now but there are still no signs of the film releasing in India as yet. The buzz is that this Rituparno Ghosh directed English film for Planman Motion Picture Company, has no takers.

The few distributors for whom the film was screened have apparently shied away. It is believed that the not-so-flattering reviews have not helped the case either. But the film's producer Arindam Chaudhari begs to differ. According to him, the film has been very well received by audiences in Toronto, London, Rome, Dubai, and Goa. He is planning to release the movie in April with TV promotions starting in February. Planman will also release the Rajat Kapoor's Mithya and Saurabh Shukla's I Am 24 this year. As for the other Rituparno film, Sunglasses, starring Jaya Bachchan, Konkona Sen Sharma and R Madhavan, the film will apparently be released later this year. Sunglasses has taken a while because of its extensive post-production. Anyway,the reports are that Ghosh has overshot the budget for The Last Lear. But Chaudhari rubbishes saying that given the cast of the film, Amitabh Bachchan, Preity Zinta and Arjun Rampal, it is a reasonably budgeted film. A commercial film with the same actors would have cost so much more, he feels.

oh man this is soo not good...I'm desperately waiting for this film😭

Bollywood's historic moment!
It was an evening that certainly made history, in Bollywood that is.

This filmi do saw Ashutosh Govariker and wife Sunita play hosts to the denizens of the filmdom along with Ronnie Screwvala. The Khan-daan comprising Sanjay, wife Zarine, beta Zayed and Akbar Khan made their presnce felt as the family turned out to support son-in-law Hrithik Roshan.

Zayed kept a pregnant and very lovely-looking Sussanne company throughout the evening as Hrithik graced the stage. Though hubby Abhishek and Jaya were conspicuous by their absence, father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan walked in well on time with good friend Amar Singh to support the Bachchan bahu Aishwarya Rai, who looked resplendent in a golden-white churidaar.

The high point in the evening came when Shatrughan Sinha walked in with wife Poonam and went up straight to Amitabh and gave him a warm hug. The two alleged feuding superstars sent the shutterbugs into a tizzy as they seemed to have let go of any tension between them. The event was lent a further royal touch as HH Maharani Padmini Deviji of Jaipur (the direct descendants of Jodhaa) and HH Maharaja Brajraj Singhji of Kishangarh graced the occassion.

A R Rahman made a rare appearance and Javed Akhtar was at his jovial best as he joked around with Aishwarya. Sonu Sood and Haider Ali were amongst the others present and were seen enjoying the do immensely. Sonu Niigaam seemed to make up for the well-covered event by his cleavage show as he strutted around in a body-hugging tee.
Amitabh in Jodhaa Akbar!

If you think Jodhaa Akbar just belongs to the Bachchan bahu and Hrithik you are wrong! The film also has reel life Jodhaa's real life father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan in it!

You will not see him but hear him in the film as he is all set to give a voice-over to the film, the way he did for Ashu's Oscar nominated Lagaan .

"Ashu included me in the cast and crew of Jodhaa in his speech. This is a little unfair for others as I am just giving a voice-over to the film. My association with Ashu goes back to Lagaan where I did the same. Lagaan did very well and I am sure Jodhaa Akbar will repeat its success. My work in Jodhaa hasn't started as yet", said Amitabh.

We are sure Ashu now definitely has BIG hopes from Jodhaa Akbar now that Big B is in it!

Amitabh, Nirav Shah in 'Robot'!
Ever since the rumours about Rajini being in 'Robot' started, so many more rumours started floating in that one does not know what is true and what is not.
On checking with Shankar's office circle, 2 pieces of information came to light. Two thongs are of prominence in Shankar's films – one is music, the other is the cinematography.

It was already decided that AR Rehman would be the music composer. Fixing the cinematographer was the difficult part. Ravi K Chandran is busy shooting the film of Nandita Das. He is committed to Hindi films and that would take about a year to complete them. Manikantan is busy with a Shahrukh project and overseas shooting.

'Sivaji' K V Anand is busy directing a Surya film. It is said that finally Nirav Shah, who shot 'Billa' and 'Dhoom' is the final choice. He seems an ideal choice for 'Robot.'
The objective is also to rope in Amitabh somehow or other to act in 'Robot.' The unit shows extra care as the film is to be shot in Hindi also and the budget seems to be a mind boggling 100 crores.

In the coming days, we would most likely hear stories about the film that would be more interesting than the film story itself!