Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

samir_soni thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

[quote]Rimuuuu🤗.🤗 ....welcome back dear !!its gr88 to see u back here after such a long time!!missed u a loads[/quote]

Missed you too...😃

Fabulous answers. I am yet to read the kite runner. I will be the last one on earth to read it...lol. Just can't bring myself to read such a sad story  

[quote]...bring them on dear😆 am ready to get on the grill again😕[/quote]

I guess you are busy with something. So will let you take care of others questions. Will post some more later if there's time.

Edited by samir_soni - 16 years ago
Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Randomness:

Fav book : Kite Runner

Currently Reading:

Right now I'm alternating between "The Rock Child" by Win Blevins, "Killing Pablo" by Mark Bowden, and "The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul" by Douglas Adams

Last Dream:

Ah  well I hardly ever remember my dreams. Lately I dreamt twice of the guy I have a crush on

Nightmare

No nightmare...i dont dream much...I never ever get scared in my dream

Talking/listening...both

Depression/Crying...Crying

If u were cinderella-I'd live happily ever after .

If you were sleeping beauty......hmm then i've to wait for someone to kiss me

If i am sree di : i'd write all over IF that vanshita is best!!lol...jokes apart...i'd put the forums of general discussion at the main pg

If u were Harry potter...i'd be the richest kid on the block

If u wwere Shakespear....i'd never write sonnets😳

If price charming is here...then i'd stalk him on every post 😳...

This/That

SRK

Rani

Tom Cruise

pheww...finally  finished...thanks pooja..enjoyed a lot

Edited by angel_wings - 16 years ago
Pensive thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mystery-

First of all, welcome back Vanishta! Hope you're doing much better now!Thank u ....far more better ...far more better am now!!But one correction: my name is Vanshita not vanishta...pooja its for u too...and to all the others..ppl here seems to b very confused with my name!!lol

Here are my questions:

1. If you could be reborn as a character of any book, who would you choose??....hmm....reborn as a fictional character!!..no i dont want to b..but if i've to choose...then i'll go for Anne Shirley. I read the Anne of Green Gables series just about every summer. In fact, when I was younger, I used to think that some of Anne's adventures were my own, and I would be caught telling a story of hers like it was my own memory.lol

2. Is there a book that you really dislike? If so, then what is it about the book that so bothers you.hmm most recently The Sea by John Banville.  Yes, I was all fired up with excitement over last year's Booker short list ...but i was disappointed..other one is Crime & Punishment..i dont know y but this book is simply not for me!!I've no doubt that u guys are thinking me as a cultural primat who have no taste in literature *sigh*

3. Do you write?  Have you written any stories? Poems?lol...never...actually once i tried but my poetic attempt made my teacher go insane

4. Who's your favorite author? And what is it that makes him/her so special?
ah well i absolutely adore tagore....rabindranath tagore..-- there is probably a Tagore song/poetry to suit every mood and every occasion!.if in english i've to choose khalid husseni..there's one book of his that I like, kite runner, but that's only one book I read,Arthur C. Clarke (I'm currently reading 2001: A Space Odyssey) and Oscar Wilde, of which I have read two, a novel (The Picture of Dorian Gray) and studied one of his ingenious plays (The Importance of being Earnest...oh..how can i forget Rowling!!i loveeeeee harry potter and also tolkien ... I know i should  settle for an author that is said to be above all these in talent, versatility and intrigue..but simply cant
5. If you could interview one author (living or dead) who would you pick?
..it would be again tagore..or may b Dickens for looking with fondness on his characters despite the landscape of their life at a particular difficult time and for his splendid books, Kahlil Gibran for his inspiration and incisiveness, Socrates and Plato for their abilities to question and get at truth, Tolstoy for his brilliant characterizations and natural storytelling ability, Hemingway because I think he would be downright interesting, JD Salinger if we could get him out of seclusion and of course, Jane Austin would be fun topped off with Agatha Christie and maybe JK Rawlings; since she is still around!

6. If you had to spend a day with one novel character, who would you pick?..Mr. Dercy from pride and prejudice

That's it so far. 😳 Enjoy your week.Thank u so much...am really sorry for replying soo late

Pensive thumbnail

Originally posted by: gaurifan

Congratulaions ...Thank u 🤗

Your name...vanshita

Your birthday 18 june

Your first book which you finished ...dont remember...some kind of fairy tales...may b cinderella

Your fav book... kite runner

What are you reading these days.....Right now I'm alternating between "The Rock Child" by Win Blevins, "Killing Pablo" by Mark Bowden, and "The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul" by Douglas Adams