Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
A leader of a nation should be able to put the feelings of a majority/minority faith over the security of the nation and this is such a rare quality amongst South Asian politicians, she had a lot of missteps in her career like creating the whole crisis with Bhindranwale or the LTTE, but when push came to shove she was willing to put the nation over anything else and desert her personal politics for that, that is something that is admirable

I hate the (Nehru)Gandhi clan, but have to respect her for this, hate her politics, but in a time when we are hardly have any great Indian politicians, she is head and shoulders above others

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indira Gandhi (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 9:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sareg

A leader of a nation should be able to put the feelings of a majority/minority faith over the security of the nation and this is such a rare quality amongst South Asian politicians, she had a lot of missteps in her career like creating the whole crisis with Bhindranwale or the LTTE, but when push came to shove she was willing to put the nation over anything else and desert her personal politics for that, that is something that is admirable

I hate the (Nehru)Gandhi clan, but have to respect her for this, hate her politics, but in a time when we are hardly have any great Indian politicians, she is head and shoulders above others

Well said Vineet..Clap

Edited by lighthouse - 19 October 2007 at 9:52pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 9:55pm | IP Logged

Well said Sareg...

huneymonsta

huneymonsta

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 10:24pm | IP Logged

nation does not include the minoritys? what happened in 1984 was sick and the familied till this day are living int he nightmares of having loved ones burned inform of them, raped all because of her. I am NOT taking areligious stand because the public invovled (no matetr what religion) was harmed because of her huge mistake.

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by huneymonsta

nation does not include the minoritys? what happened in 1984 was sick and the familied till this day are living int he nightmares of having loved ones burned inform of them, raped all because of her. I am NOT taking areligious stand because the public invovled (no matetr what religion) was harmed because of her huge mistake.

and the nation is greater than the any minority or majorityWink

A state only steps into matters regards a community, when the community shows eneptness to handle its own matters internally and at that point the decision maker of the state cannot be faultedBig smile

Note: I am not mentioning a particular community or a religion here in my post, the member asked and I replied, and I stand by my opinion this is generic, if someone has any doubts, they should have the mods open up the boundaries of allowable discussion and I will illustrate my point

Edited by sareg - 19 October 2007 at 11:30pm

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

Originally posted by huneymonsta

and the nation is greater than the minorityWink

A state only steps into matters regards a community, when the community shows eneptness to handle its own matters internally and at that point the decision maker of the state cannot be faultedBig smile

i think we have discussed this topic n no. of times so y go through that again and again? cant we talk abt the other things she did good or bad like green revolution or emergency?

The topic here is do I think if she is a great leader, I have stated why I think of her as a great leader(and that is the only reason why I find her to be a great leader), obviously I do not find her to be a great leader due to the green revolution or emergency then why would I mention thatWink

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 20 October 2007 at 5:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top