Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 14 October 2007 at 4:35pm | IP Logged

October 14, 2007 is the one year death anniversary of up and coming and rising Punjabi singer Soni Pabla, who shot to fame with his song Panjaeb Yaar Di.

Born June 29, 1976 in the district of Hoshiarpur in Punjab, Soni moved to Brampton, Ontario, Canada in 1994 and started pursuing his dream to become a singer.

Initially he started out as a lyricist, writing songs for Sukhdev Darapuria and Yudhvir Manak, but was not successful.

After teaming up with Planet Recordz, he released a few singles, and in 2002 he released his first album called Heeray Heeray with music by Aman Hayer. However, the album did not become an overall success.

In 2005, he released Gal Dil Di with music by Sukshinder Shinda and shot to super stardom with songs like Panjaeb Yaar Di: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aD-4Obw7Bs , Chithiyan, and Dil Tera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD3PGC_uAMM 

Months later, while performing a show in Brampton, Canada at Shingaar Banquet Hall, Soni went to get a drink of water but suddenly fell due to a heart failure at approximately 10:10 pm on October 14, 2006 resulting in his death.

(Soni's last performance)

October 14, 2007 is the one year death anniversary of Soni Pabla, and he will be greatly missed by all his fans around the world.

It was announced by his record label Planet Recordz that late October 2007, Soni's final three brand new unreleased songs will be released with many of his popular songs remixed on a tribute CD.

Edited by Jazzzy - 14 October 2007 at 7:39pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "R.I.P. Soni Pabla" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angelic_J

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 14 October 2007 at 5:44pm | IP Logged

Thinking of you graphics & cliparts

OMG thanx for putting this up JazzyHug

I totally loveddddddddd SoniCry His presence will ALWAYS be felt in our hearts

miss you graphics & cliparts

He was the MOST promising star of today but god called him back toooo soonCry I feel so sad thinking about his wifeOuch She hadn't been in canada for too long before her husband passed away and I had also heard from someone that she is pregnant? Is that true guys or is it just a rumour?Confused

Your presence will ALWAYS be missed soniHug May you soul

Rest In Peace

Edited by JK_5 - 14 October 2007 at 5:46pm

Xx..uvt..xX

IF-Rockerz

Xx..uvt..xX

Posted: 14 October 2007 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Soni Pabla was a legend in the making.. its so sad that his life got cut so short.. i still remember when i first heard about his passing Ouch i thought it was a sick joke.. and then more n more ppl started finding out and confirmed it. such a big loss to the Punjabi Music Industry

My absolutely favourite song of his, which was i think his last big hit. was Boli Paani.. amazing Clap

RIP Soni Pabla..u'll forever be missed

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 15 October 2007 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
thx for this
he was so talented so young i loved his songs and will always remeber him!
RIP soni P

jassiee.

IF-Rockerz

jassiee.

Posted: 15 October 2007 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Oh, thats really sad. His poor wife and family.
R.I.P SP Cry

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 18 October 2007 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JK_5

OMG thanx for putting this up JazzyHug

I totally loveddddddddd SoniCry His presence will ALWAYS be felt in our hearts

He was the MOST promising star of today but god called him back toooo soonCry I feel so sad thinking about his wifeOuch She hadn't been in canada for too long before her husband passed away and I had also heard from someone that she is pregnant? Is that true guys or is it just a rumour?Confused

Your presence will ALWAYS be missed soniHug May you soul

Rest In Peace

no problem. i feel that as punjabi's its our duty to keep "punjabiness" alive including remembering those that contributed to our culture

btw, thanx JK_5 for making this topic sticky Clap

gk_09

Global Moderator

gk_09

BollyCurry Buzzer, Crazy Creatives

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
I loved Gal Dil Di Album! I was quite shocked when I heard this, I thought it was just a rumour but after I saw it was all around on Punjabi TV Shows. Ouch

RIP Soni Pabla. You truly are being missed Ouch

Kiran.

IF-Veteran Member

Kiran.

Star Plus Channel

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
When I first heard the news, I couldn't believe it. I asked my friends " r u sure". It was a very very sad news Cry
I just love his voice. His "gal dil di" album is really good.

RIP Soni.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top