Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

Do the producers care what about viewers?

ShivaniAdvani thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Seriously does the director and producer and channel care what we think? the way most people are upset and many have stopped watching the serial... do they realiser that or are we the miniscule few among the one billion population of india that is part of the viewing audience that they dont bother about.

I am jsut wondering. people on this forum have been sounding on about the deterioration of this serial and it only seems to get from bad to worse. Nikki Aneja used to be proud of this serial even though it had fewer TRPS than other serials. I wonder what she has to say about the direction of her character and the serial in general.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Shivani,
My thoughts were similar.You are absolutely right about us being a minority.The producers have to cater to the masses and they are not in the business for charity.
Even today the self sacrificing woman is hailed as an ideal example for Indian/Asian women.
Why do you think Ekta Kapoor serials go on for 4-5 years???

Now my thoughts in general:

Have you guys seen Justajoo??? Sinha's best serial to date.It won acclaim from peeps like us and the critics.But channels like Star Plus and Sony won't take the risk.Zee may not have the most popular serials,acc to TRPs in India,but I admire them for atleast experimenting with new subjects.

As far as actors being disappointed with the way they their roles shape out,what can they do?In this line of work,the director calls the shot.It would be unprofessional to walk out or defy just because they don't agree.What we give the producers is a feedback not a preview,so we have to wait and watch.
We always have the choice of not watching it if it upsets us so much.It won't hurt the producers or the actors.
But I think because the serial was so good and different from the rest,our expectations grew and now we are all diappointed.
But I still feel that some of us show so much anger and venom at the characters....it's only a serial after all and should we let them affect us to the extent???

Cheers
Kiran1018 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
well evidently no they apparently dont care bout wt we want to see.......its sad......they dont consider their audience's chocie even once.