Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 12 October 2007 at 4:09am | IP Logged

Symonds abused by Indian spectators

BARODA, October 11: Australia all-rounder Andrew Symonds was racially abused by spectators while fielding in Thursday's One-day match against India, Australian officials said.

A section of the crowd was believed to have taunted Symonds by making monkey noises while he was fielding at the boundary line when India were bundled out for 148. "Yes, Andrew Symonds did hear noises," said Cricket Australia spokesman Philip Pope. "The players did not discuss it in the dressing room. We are not calling for action. We think it is up to the local authorities to deal with it," he added.

The visitors eased to a nine-wicket victory in the fifth One-dayer to lead the seven-match series 3-1. The next match is in Nagpur on Sunday. The International Cricket Council (ICC) has toughened its stand after allegations of racial abuse directed at South African players on their Australia tour in the 2005-06 season.

The amendments to the ICC's anti-racism code allow ICC members to impose a range of punishments on spectators, including a life ban, if they are found guilty of racial abuse. The member countries can also face penalties ranging from fines to a possible withdrawal of their international status from the venue where the incident has taken place. England left-arm spinner Monty Panesar and batsman Kevin Pietersen were allegedly racially abused during the Ashes tour opener in Canberra last year.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Symonds abused by Indian spectators" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 12 October 2007 at 4:11am | IP Logged
well they did the same with the pak team in delhi's staduim..they threw tomatotoes and all rubbish onto the players who were playing on the field... i guess indian spectators aren't friendly at all..

Edited by *Fiza* - 12 October 2007 at 4:12am

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 12 October 2007 at 4:18am | IP Logged
ohh believe me fiz dey arent at all frendly...what dey want is india win every match and if they dont woh ghussa doosri team pe nikalte hain... Confused Ouch

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 12 October 2007 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Its actually the kind of people who watch the match! They have come to know that Symonds is a very good player! They want to "de-spirit" him! But little do they realize that they can do nothing to discourage him . Its just that Indians keep Cricket next to religion. They can't bear to see anyone screwing up their players!!
Andrew was good enough not to make an issue about this because if he did, Indians would be seen globally as being racial! Ouch I would just like to say "Thank you" to Andrew! Smile

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 12 October 2007 at 11:57am | IP Logged

Originally posted by *Fiza*

well they did the same with the pak team in delhi's staduim..they threw tomatotoes and all rubbish onto the players who were playing on the field... i guess indian spectators aren't friendly at all..

umm...hello??? Confused you can't blame all the Indians for the extreme attitude of some. Smile If I would go to a stadium to watch a match seeing India losing....I wouldn't throw tomatoes!!............. I would throw watermelonsROFL...obviously...kitna paisa waste kiya sirf India ko haarte hua dekhne ke liye!!!ROFL hehe! kidding yaar!! I wouldn't any of these! Big smile I am a bholi bhali girl u know! Embarrassed 
but seriously, you can't blame all the Indian spectators na! plz be a little diplomatic while posting comments! Embarrassed don't take me the wrong way yaar!Big smile

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 12 October 2007 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by #1EijazFan

Leoji, I disagree, Symonds has to keep quiet or face 1.1 billion people hating him Wink
he is not the type of guy who will stay shut, i personally hate his personality and those who think sree is agressive hahaha, watch this guy! his face was worth watching when he went out, looked like he was gonna kill us indians! Angry
touch my players and believe me, you will die symonds! lol
what happened to symonds wasnt right, but the justification he gave wasnt right either, he would luv 2 grab any opportunity to demoralize us Dead
and believe me, i dont care what the world thinks because most of my black and white friends luv indians to bits!! Smile
we have enough fame anyway being the worlds largest movie industry and an indian winning BB, so this trivial matter wont do any harm to us even if white lips symonds does open his huge mouth..

and fiza, yes that was wrong to throw tomatoes but i might have felt angry to, having seen a pak flag or any other flag in my country makes me furious! irs my country and only my flag should be held with pride Embarrassed unity and other nonsense is ok, but in events like this, nah its all about my india! lol

and they were playing in india, what else can they expect?! lol, ofcourse fans wont like them and will do anything to make them lose! lol
i myself would probably be booing! ConfusedLOLesp. cos its a huge indo-pak match! Wink

hahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!ROFL I don't know why I am laffing!!ROFL But I find your statements funny!! ROFL

like....

Symonds has to keep quiet or face 1.1 billion people hating him Wink ....ROFL
What I say is......he kept quiet cuz he wouldn't want to take panga with the tigers u know!!Wink sher se thodi ched-chad ki........ROAR!!! u are gone brother...u are gone!!! ROFL

e can they expect?! lol, ofcourse fans wont like them and will do anything to make them lose! lol
i myself would probably be booing!ROFL 
I am like Rahul Dravid you know! Expressionless!! No happiness....no sadness on the face!! ROFLI wouldn't probably do that! Big smile

unity and other nonsense is ok, but in events like this, nah its all about my india! lol ROFL
Exactly......but still......I prefer unity and all!! otherwise....our hitler sst teacher.......will cut marks!! Tongueu know....i have to keep in track with all this so that I dun lose marks in history! ROFL But ya.....apart from that.....i love unity!!

before u scream and tell me to shud up!! I am ending this long reply! ROFL

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 12 October 2007 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by #1EijazFan

Originally posted by Leo

umm...hello??? Confused you can't blame all the Indians for the extreme attitude of some. Smile If I would go to a stadium to watch a match seeing India losing....I wouldn't throw tomatoes!!............. I would throw watermelonsROFL...obviously...kitna paisa waste kiya sirf India ko haarte hua dekhne ke liye!!!ROFL hehe! kidding yaar!! I wouldn't any of these! Big smile I am a bholi bhali girl u know! Embarrassed 
but seriously, you can't blame all the Indian spectators na! plz be a little diplomatic while posting comments! Embarrassed don't take me the wrong way yaar!Big smile

well said!SmileClapits not indians who are the centre of headlines every time i open the newspaper everyday of the week, and do u see us stereo-typing? it shows how much respect and dignity we indians have!SmileJAI HIND!

True. However, Dignity and stuff shouldn't be mixed with over-patriotism. You know what I mean na.....its like.....a dude says......Yeh mera desh hai.....main jahaan chahu thook (as in spit!) ya pishaab (urinate) sakta hoon!!LOL.....another dude says........yeh mera desh hain.....yahaan main apni manmaani kar sakta hoon!! This shouldn't happen!Big smile

sim_indian

IF-Dazzler

sim_indian

Posted: 12 October 2007 at 1:44pm | IP Logged

yea..this is kinda of a harsh comment..because this doesn't mean that ALL the indian spectators aren't friendly..i am an indian spectator too..when we watch matches we don't judge the people watching by who they are..they are here to enjoy the game like many others..people get excited..i even get excited over little things..doesn't mean we are unfriendly..its a point in the game...either ur excited or ur bored..i'd rather be excited!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top