~*~Eid-ul-Fitr Mubarak!!!~*~

Posted: 16 years ago

First things first: it's Eid tomorrow in UK, USA, Europe and Saud-e-Arabia. So you peeps in these coutries, EnjoyπŸ€—

Now before I proceed any further let's have a li'l background info. on Eid-ul-Fitar and Ramadan.

Why do Muslims fast/ celebrate Ramadan:

The day Ramadan begins is decided by the sighting of the new moon. Muslims believe that the gates of Heaven (Jannah) are open and the gates of Hell (Jahanam) are locked in the month of Ramadan.

During this holy month, Muslims celebrate the time when the verses of the Qur'an were revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). Ramadan is a time of worship and contemplation. A time to strengthen family and community ties.

Why do Muslims celebrate eid:

Eid-ul-Fitr marks the end of the Ramadan, the fasting month.

Eid is an Arabic term meaning "festivity" or "celebration" while Fi?r means "to break the fast" and can also mean "nature" from the word "fitrat" and therefore symbolizes the breaking of the fasting period.

How do muslims celebrate eid (generally):

On the day of the celebration, a typical Muslim family wakes up very early and after praying the first normal everyday prayer, is required to eat in a small quantity, symbolizing the end of Ramadan. They then attend special congregational prayers held only for this occasion in mosques, in large open areas, stadiums or arenas.

The prayer is generally short, and is followed by the Sermon (the khu?ba). Worshippers greet and embrace each other in a spirit of peace and love after the congregational prayer. After the Eid Prayers, festivities and merriment are commonly observed with visits to the homes of relatives and friends to thank Allah for all blessings. Eid-ul-Fitr lasts three days.

What do children get/do on Eid:

Children, the younger ones get Eidi, gifts and mostly money from their elders. A way of showing love and affection towards the younger.

Some money is also given to charity by some people, showing their care for those who can't celebrate Eid; they try to help out the poor celebrate this joyous day of Eid as they do.

The most common food Muslims have before they leave for prayers:

Its mostly something sweet!

Now After this information, hoping that all non-muslims are aware why we, the muslims, celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr and Ramadan.

Eid Mubarak!!!

May Allah give us all the happiness and all the successes we deserve. May this Eid brings new hope in your life.

Have a blast,

Enjoy Eid-ul-Fitr with your loved ones, eat lots of junk foodπŸ˜‰, get lots of Eidi (and save some for me😳), help as many people as you can in the hope that your help might bring a smile on their faces.

Alvida dostoonπŸ€—

*Credits: Tumhari_Khushi
www.wikipedia.org
www.bbc.co.uk
Meghan's animations
www.googole.co.uk

EId Mubarak to everyone , and InshAllah may everyone have a great Eid and may are prayers be accepted ! Ameen .
we all have done bad things this year and I hope everyone of them InshAllah be fogiven ! Ameen .
Eid Mubrak n ave a blast gys enjy.. 😳 A dy of hapiness n lve n 4gvness.. 😳 Edited by Shantell - 16 years ago
Eid Mubarak to all the members have a super duper Eid.
Eid mubarak to all the muslims everywhere...may u have agreat day InshAllah...enjoy for me aswell..mere hisse ka bhi tusi log enjoy karna! πŸ˜ƒ
EId Mubarak everyone!!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Esp to my sweet Friends Sapna, Maddy, Maha, Madzz, Saara, Nug, Anji, Nadia, HZaifa, Sehar, ZaaraπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

LOve,
Gracella
Edited by Gracella - 16 years ago
Eid Mubarak everyone! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
Eid Mubarak 'Everyone!!...
😊
oh my gosh, thats a great post!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

ramadan mubarak to muslims! 😳