Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 11 October 2007 at 7:22am | IP Logged

PCB bans Akhtar for 13 international matches

KARACHI, October 11: Pakistan's temperamental fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar was on Thursday banned for international matches and fined $56,000 by the Pakistan Cricket Board disciplinary committee for hitting fellow paceman Mohammad Asif with bat.

The PCB disciplinary committee announced that Shoaib had breached the code of conduct on five counts and would serve the ban starting from the Twenty20 World Cup which means he has already served seven matches as he was sent home from South Africa before the start of the tournament.

Chief Operating Officer Shafqat Naghmi, who heads the committee, said Shoaib had the right to file appeal with an appellate committee but would complete his ban period before the Indian tour.

"He will miss the five One-dayers against South Africa but is available for selection for the Indian tour," Naghmi said.

Shoaib was sent back home from South Africa last month for hitting Asif with a bat.

The Board was also unhappy with Shoaib for addressing a press conference with out its permission on return from South Africa and accusing Shahid Afridi for the brawl.

Shoaib was also guilty of going to play a charity match in England without PCB's nod.

Shoaib would be put on a two-year probation and the PCB said any further act of indiscipline will result in a life ban.

The bowler, who has often found himself at the centre of controversies, said he would not file an appeal against the ban and wanted to be available for the Indian tour.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "PCB bans Akhtar for 13 international matc" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 11 October 2007 at 7:30am | IP Logged
You know they say in urdu.. " is tarah to huta hai is tarah ke kamo mein " he deserve this punishment... but i still think that he shud atleast go with the squad on india tour....

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 11 October 2007 at 9:17am | IP Logged
hey fiza he will cze his 13 match will end on the 4th odi vs SA...so he has a good chance going to India.. Tongue

coolsonu

IF-Rockerz

coolsonu

Posted: 11 October 2007 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Rs 34 lacs is quite a big amount for a fine...I never saw such a figure as a fine..but I think its ok..coz there wer as many as 5 charges on him!!Shoaib accepted his mistake and is guilty, therefore, he is not gonna appeal against this punishment!!Big smile
He'll probably play the last ODI vs SA in Karachi TongueEmbarrassed his fitness wud b checked..and then he will most probably b selected for India tour!! Tongue I hav always been Shoaib Akhtar's fan..As a bowler, i think he is a nightmare for batsmen and i luv his bowling!! Tongue Wud b great to see him in action in india..Pak needs him!! Embarrassed   

XxMadhurixX

XxMadhurixX

Posted: 11 October 2007 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
yeh i red this
still cnt believe wot he did!!
he shld ave got banned 4 mre matches lol

Faizan7x

Faizan7x

Posted: 11 October 2007 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
I think it was a pretty harsh decision. They should have investigated the matter. Why would he hit his own teammate. But if he is in the squad for the series with india its surely gonna be a nail biter.Thumbs Up

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 11 October 2007 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Faizan7x

I think it was a pretty harsh decision. They should have investigated the matter. Why would he hit his own teammate. But if he is in the squad for the series with india its surely gonna be a nail biter.Thumbs Up

yeha gree.... Clap

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 12 October 2007 at 4:47am | IP Logged
Well, I can't say if he deserved the punishment because its still not clear if he is guilty according to me! And the best part is he is going to be included in the squad for the match against India!

Uff!! This is what you call REAL TENSION! Wink India Pakistan matches are the best man!! Big smile You should see the tension and the excitement on everyone's faces! To me, it doesn't matter which team wins but I just love the tension!! Although I would admit it would be cool if India wins! Big smile

Shoaib is one of my favourite bowlers! Lets see if our players can tackle his super-speed bowling attacks! Tongue

Its going to be cool I say! LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top