Debate Mansion

Why do serials have such a stronghold (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 31 August 2005 at 9:13am | IP Logged
RAT 718 wrote
Is Ekta Kapoor conrolling us or are we controlling her? If the TV starts to control us like with some people, that becomes a PROBLEM!. However, if it is us with our human brains (for which we are distiungshed from other creatures)use it and watch with discretion then it is not a problem. There was a real incident in Karnataka where the bride and bride groom did not agree to marry in the auspicious time, since they would have to miss their favorite serial. Now there is a huge PROBLEM!

YOU have raised very valid point, about the control factor, yes in many ways EKta is imposing her will and her kind of philosophy on us. Willy nilly we are falling in a trap. I have never been happy with the way she portrays most of her characters, women are always vicious hurting each other.
Then her serials are overlording on our time, i had read a similar story where an NRI boy comes home to visit his parents in India after 12 years, on reaching home there is no warm welcome, instead he gets to see his old parents glued to TV with a frown clearly stating they were disturbed and will not move to greet him.
signora2

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why do serials have such a stronghold (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shriman

Goldie

shriman

Posted: 31 August 2005 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Well.. yes.... it is true.. people in India are just glued to the TV screen and are watching these shows which are somwhat useless..... Here is what Tulsi said in a recent interview:

Question by UK: Tulsi, U R encouring these STUPID SERIALS and what politics, that is just business.
Tulsi: I am not encouring serials, you are encouring by watching them and I don't think you would understand politics, because with a name like UK, you won't share the Indian Sentiment"

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 31 August 2005 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
I know many people are Tulsi fans but I must add here that after reading the above piece I have doubts if she too is POLITICS LITERATE. She sounds so patronising that what ever she says appears programmed. LOL
signora2

PixieDust91

Goldie

PixieDust91

Posted: 01 September 2005 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
Why people in India watch serials, I have no clue. But here in US, it's the only way we feel at home.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top