Professional learning/degree in relations

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Profession is considered something related to monetary earning. Personal life is something is taken for granted as self learning process.πŸ˜† Personal life involves relationshipsπŸ˜²πŸ˜† viz. husband-wife, parent-child, Husband-In Laws, Wife – In Laws etc…

There are relationship experts available for corrective guidance like counseling, but being proactiveπŸ‘πŸΌ considering the point

Managing in-laws comes with experience. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Managing spouse comes with time. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
  1. Managing and inculcating values to children comes with time and experience.

Shouldn't there be proactive training available for interested folks in above mentioned relationships. Degree's like

Certified in managing any kind of in-laws πŸ˜† Star of decade!! Working out different aspects of spousal relationship. Including fidelity and how to make/do any comprise/sacrifice πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
  1. Board certified ACE in raising kids. Motto " Kids make you proud or money back"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Just needs a update in matrimonial, adding details of certificate, infact GOV putting restriction based on the degree for marriage/ expecting kids.

Your arguable comments on this ?

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago
a little problem! since people come in different shapes, size, environment and mindsets, there will be no syllabus πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

a little problem! since people come in different shapes, size, environment and mindsets, there will be no syllabus πŸ˜‰

Righ! but pro counseller can still help from corrective stand point why not be proactive ?

Ha...Raj .. Wish everyone was born with users manual..πŸ˜‰ But even then we would still have problems. Heck I need help operating universal remote control to get the multi room audio system working everytime..πŸ˜’

But I think God has equipped us with built in common sense and body parts we can use to get thru life..πŸ˜‰ Besides if everything can be learnt in school then we lose our ability to react instinctively and spontaneuosly.

Originally posted by raj5000

Shouldn't there be proactive training available for interested folks in above mentioned relationships. Degree's like

Certified in managing any kind of in-laws πŸ˜†  -  There is a reason we have two ears...πŸ˜† Star of decade!! Working out different aspects of spousal relationship. Including fidelity and how to make/do any comprise/sacrifice πŸ˜›πŸ˜†  It is in giving that one receives. Do it with a smile. πŸ˜ƒ Btw the taker will eventualy get tired of receiving..πŸ˜†
  1. Board certified ACE in raising kids. Motto " Kids make you proud or money back"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†   Not every kid is born to be a doctor or a musician so cut down on your expectations and accept the fact that an average kid is fine too..Spend a lot of quality time with them and just be there for them.

Just needs a update in matrimonial, adding details of certificate, infact GOV putting restriction based on the degree for marriage/ expecting kids.

Your arguable comments on this ?

Edited by lighthouse - 16 years ago

Righ! but pro counseller can still help from corrective stand point why not be proactive ?

the aberrations sometimes send even professional counsellars into a whirlpool at times.  PERSONAL care is always the key here.  A standard syllabus like right angle triangle will always have one 90 angle and 2 acute angles does not apply when it comes to families and relationships.  Even to imagine that there could be standardized protocols, is a mockery of the severity of certain problems. (personal and counselling experience)

The day-to-day typical troubles must be sorted based on what we learn as part of our culture growing up.  It should be enough for most normal couples.  If one feels the need of some special training, one must sit together with their spouse / whoever may cause friction eventually and start figuring it out and then seek counselling before it is too late.   MBA in relationship may not cover special needs.

In some communities / religions, couple counselling is provided before marriage.  I think it is a great way to introduce love-birds to all those sharp corners and thorns they may be introduced to after marriage in their own nest-which they may have over-looked during courtship.
I think that would be a great system to follow, jmo.

Regarding raising children, if degrees in relationships made a significant difference, then Masters / PhDs in child psychology should be the best moms.  Does it look like it? πŸ˜›.  No statistical evidence to support that.  I think what Lighty said is right here.
Knowing your child is the most important criterium in helping them with their dreams and supporting them in realizing those.
Not everyone is cut out to be a scientist / astronaut.  Even within a family, children come with different abilities.  Parents should understand and appreciate that and lbntl, NOSY neighbours, relatives and their neighbours and relatives should stop interfering.  It is very prevalent in certain societies and although most kids end up getting educated, how many kids do what they always wanted o do?  Something to ponder..

One mandatory course for everyone who seeks any degree is "How to keep one's nose out of others' family affairs".. I believe that will help over 1/6th of the world's population for sure 😊.
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
Originally posted by lighthouse

Ha...Raj .. Wish everyone was born with users manual..πŸ˜‰ But even then we would still have problems. Heck I need help operating universal remote control to get the multi room audio system working everytime..πŸ˜’

But I think God has equipped us with built in common sense and body parts we can use to get thru life..πŸ˜‰ Besides if everything can be learnt in school then we lose our ability to react instinctively and spontaneuosly.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† universal remote is easy... call the guys they will give step by step even I faced a prob. lolss but thanks to them.

Hear your  points but seriously think about tivial problems people face and end up ending the relationship, for ur humor πŸ‘

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

the aberrations sometimes send even professional counsellars into a whirlpool at times.  PERSONAL care is always the key here.  A standard syllabus like right angle triangle will always have one 90 angle and 2 acute angles does not apply when it comes to families and relationships.  Even to imagine that there could be standardized protocols, is a mockery of the severity of certain problems. (personal and counselling experience)

The day-to-day typical troubles must be sorted based on what we learn as part of our culture growing up.  It should be enough for most normal couples.  If one feels the need of some special training, one must sit together with their spouse / whoever may cause friction eventually and start figuring it out and then seek counselling before it is too late.   MBA in relationship may not cover special needs.

In some communities / religions, couple counselling is provided before marriage.  I think it is a great way to introduce love-birds to all those sharp corners and thorns they may be introduced to after marriage in their own nest-which they may have over-looked during courtship.
I think that would be a great system to follow, jmo.

Regarding raising children, if degrees in relationships made a significant difference, then Masters / PhDs in child psychology should be the best moms.  Does it look like it? πŸ˜›.  No statistical evidence to support that.  I think what Lighty said is right here.
Knowing your child is the most important criterium in helping them with their dreams and supporting them in realizing those.
Not everyone is cut out to be a scientist / astronaut.  Even within a family, children come with different abilities.  Parents should understand and appreciate that and lbntl, NOSY neighbours, relatives and their neighbours and relatives should stop interfering.  It is very prevalent in certain societies and although most kids end up getting educated, how many kids do what they always wanted o do?  Something to ponder..

One mandatory course for everyone who seeks any degree is "How to keep one's nose out of others' family affairs".. I believe that will help over 1/6th of the world's population for sure 😊.

Well very simple things not known to freshers...PHD/Masters won't help but adjusting at timings  or keeping quiet at times... can do wonders... later at sleep time raise it all will good. Sleep over issues.. dont ove react .. controll anger as spouse love you... etc....These basic concepts if people are educated many families would not be boken.

Well very simple things not known to freshers...PHD/Masters won't help but adjusting at timings  or keeping quiet at times... can do wonders... later at sleep time raise it all will good. Sleep over issues.. dont ove react .. controll anger as spouse love you... etc....These basic concepts if people are educated many families would not be boken.

don't you think such essential normal behaviour is learnt outside of a university?  what are families for?
people who break homes over such miniscuous issues will  break them after a bachelor's degree in normal behaviour also πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...