Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Rachu_1987

IF-Sizzlerz

Rachu_1987

Posted: 08 October 2007 at 5:07am | IP Logged
Hello everyoneTonguewelcome 2 this weeks Discussion of the week. Thanks a lot to Manai for putting up last weeks DOTW.

Now I had a hard time figuring out what to put up for this weeks DOTW until I saw the advert for Mitti Wajaan Maardi.

Now we all know HMann is a fantastic singer, and he's gained recognition in India and overseas....so why the need to act in films?

And he isn't the only one, we've seen the likes of Gurdas Mann acting in films

so why do these successful singers feel the need to act in films?
do their films make them even more famous?
or should they simply stick to singing because that's what they're good at?
any other singers you know of who have starred in films?
were they any good?

Please join in this weeks DOTWTongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 08 October 2007 at 11:44am | IP Logged
it probably makes them feel better abt themselves!! LOL

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 08 October 2007 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Also i dont think that Singers get the recognition that Actors get...so their trying to promote themselves.

Nowadays Actors are starting to sing too!! whats the need?

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 09 October 2007 at 11:41am | IP Logged

besides the singer becoming more famous, cause actors get more exposure, all these punjabi singers turning actors is helping the punjabi entertainment industry. hindi culture is widely known across the globe because of bollywood and its influence of movies. any punjabi movie made should be supported because it will help punjabi culture survive and perhaps even get global recognition one day. remember, punjabi bhangra is givin us punjabi's around the world already a good identity.

yes, especially if the film is a hit/super-hit.

should they simply stick to singing because that's what they're good at?

they should keep on singin too but if they can act in a well produced movie then they should and we should support them by watchin their movies.

currently besides harbhajan and gurdas mann, babbu mann starred in two movies (hawayein-hindi, and rabb ne banaiyan jodiean), and sarbjit cheema has made one movie too (pind di kudi).in the past malkit singh, surinder shinda, and hans raj hans have made their own movies too but they are really old and i've never seen them.

were they any good?

pind di kudi starring sarbjit cheema was pretty good and had a good theme and babbu mann's rabb ne baniyan jodiean was Confused. babbu's movie was decent but he looked more like a villain than hero.

Edited by Jazzzy - 09 October 2007 at 11:41am

_sukhi_

IF-Rockerz

_sukhi_

Posted: 09 October 2007 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jazzzy

besides the singer becoming more famous, cause actors get more exposure, all these punjabi singers turning actors is helping the punjabi entertainment industry. hindi culture is widely known across the globe because of bollywood andits influence of movies. any punjabi movie made should be supported because it will help punjabi culture survive and perhaps even get global recognition one day. remember, punjabi bhangra isgivin uspunjabi's around the world already a good identity.

they should keep on singin too but if they can act in a well produced movie then they should and we should support them by watchin their movies.

currently besides harbhajan and gurdas mann, babbu mann starred in two movies (hawayein-hindi, and rabb ne banaiyan jodiean), and sarbjit cheema has made one movie too (pind di kudi).in the past malkit singh, surinder shinda, and hans raj hans have made their own movies too but they are really old and i've never seen them.

were they any good?

pind di kudi starring sarbjit cheema was pretty good and had a good theme and babbu mann's rabb ne baniyan jodiean was Confused. babbu's movie was decent but he looked more like a villain than hero.

Yea i agree with u on most of the talk lol.... was good reading it... yea i agree babbu maan did look like a villain lmao the funny bit was when he jumped out of no where with a Agentina football shirt on.... lol in india as well haha that cracked me up about the story that was really good poor acting thats the only part...

nice topic Big smile

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 09 October 2007 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *RickStar*

Originally posted by Jazzzy

besides the singer becoming more famous, cause actors get more exposure, all these punjabi singers turning actors is helping the punjabi entertainment industry. hindi culture is widely known across the globe because of bollywood and its influence of movies. any punjabi movie made should be supported because it will help punjabi culture survive and perhaps even get global recognition one day. remember, punjabi bhangra is givin us punjabi's around the world already a good identity.

were they any good?

Yea i agree with u on most of the talk lol.... was good reading it... yea i agree babbu maan did look like a villain lmao the funny bit was when he jumped out of no where with a Agentina football shirt on.... lol in india as well haha that cracked me up about the story that was really good poor acting thats the only part...

nice topic Big smile

lmao...was that when he was savin his girl and kid in the movie?...it was like he flew in from outa nowhere...haha...the crane holding the girl up was hella funny too LOL. i think babbu mann's movie was suppose to be a comedy LOL

Edited by Jazzzy - 09 October 2007 at 1:55pm

Xx..£uvŮŽŽt..xX

IF-Rockerz

Xx..£uvŮŽŽt..xX

Posted: 10 October 2007 at 12:48am | IP Logged
i'll answer this in a bit.. but jus wondering.. why do we have TWO DOTW's right now? Ermm maye we should close one and then open it next week for DOTW

dropsleaves

dropsleaves

Posted: 10 October 2007 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
i have not watched the movie

Post Reply New Post

Go to top