Book Talk

Description n Detail

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 11:42am | IP Logged

Do you enjoy alot of description and detail in your reading or not? You know description of houses etc.. Well i like detail especially in mushy scenes but i dont like a lot of descriptions.. A little description is nesscary in order to make the story intresting but if the novel is too-descriptive it really bores me and i start skipping a few paragraphs which consist the description.. Except Harry Potter.. In dat i dont skip anything!LOL

Wat abt u?

Pooja

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Description n Detail" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sparkling_gems

IF-Rockerz

sparkling_gems

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Yaa little description is okay.. it helps to understand the background of the story or the scene.. u can imagine evrything right in front of ur eyes..infact i do imagine my fav actors in those particular scenes written in books but too much details is not appreciated.. i simply avoid them or skip them.

marvelous.malks

IF-Sizzlerz

marvelous.malks

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
I love detailed books. I simply can't read books or stories that are only dialouges. Description and Imagery is VERY important in a book! Embarrassed Big smile Sometimes, it becomes unnecessary...but I prefer a lot of description! LOL

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 08 October 2007 at 4:21am | IP Logged

Originally posted by gaurifan

Yaa little description is okay.. it helps to understand the background of the story or the scene.. u can imagine evrything right in front of ur eyes..infact i do imagine my fav actors in those particular scenes written in books but too much details is not appreciated.. i simply avoid them or skip them.

Same here.. I need a little description and detail and i really enjoy bec its fun to imagine and actually picturise and understand the whole scene but too much becomes boring!

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 08 October 2007 at 4:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by gaurifan

Same here.. I need a little description and detail and i really enjoy bec its fun to imagine and actually picturise and understand the whole scene but too much becomes boring!

lotus2007

lotus2007

Posted: 08 October 2007 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
I love discription but when its overdone its becomes really boring.Confusedyah but carectars should be fully discribet for me. Embarrassedand i fully agree imagination is very importent.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.