Punjabi Channel

why why why punjabi jokes only?! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

_sukhi_

IF-Rockerz

_sukhi_

Posted: 08 October 2007 at 4:12am | IP Logged
@luvneet Theres many views about this can go both wayz... really but i understand what ur saying as well luvneet ji...i mean as a sardar ji myself some jokes can go overboard but yea some can be funny from the way the jokes been done i mean theres 100z of jokes to do with sardar jiz now...some may of started off from some person an then people took it too far an copied jokes an made them worse i guess....about stopping it its really hard to stop but ignoring the fact that can be done.... u urself know what sardar jiz are like so shouldnt care what other people think....i mean sardar jiz around the world have been called a lot worse than this... but still it happens Ouch Ouch.... but yea should stop i mean its too much.... Tongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "why why why punjabi jokes only?! (Page 2)" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 08 October 2007 at 11:58am | IP Logged
omg jot just saw the vid i am Censored Censoredmadd Angry

~*!Ripi!*~

IF-Rockerz

~*!Ripi!*~

Posted: 08 October 2007 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
some jokes are okay but somee goo to too far..
like i was in a thread today that had some really mean ones and i posted a link to this thread there..and it didnt seem like they cared but oh well..
and yess i agree some i find funny and are okk...but then here are lot that are just too harsh and nott nicee

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 09 October 2007 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
i think the meanest is when the make fun of the turban Angry

diyafah

IF-Rockerz

diyafah

Retro Podcast Team, I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 10 October 2007 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JK_5

Oye u chorified my DOTW for next weekCry I was planning on discussing this very thing but u posted it nowEmbarrassed Oh well I guess I'll have to come up with something elseTongue

A very nice topic BTW and something that's very close to my heart as wellSmile I simply HATE the way present Media prtrays Sikhs and SardarsOuch All these stupid people who think it's Okay to crack jokes at another community need to be fed to the hungry sharksDead I swear If i had the power I would make them sleep in a room full of paagal dogsAngry Instead of showing what our punjabi community really is about the movie people MOSTLY elaborate on some of our features and make them look degrading compared to other communities and have made so many degrading stereotypes about out communityCry For example most of the non-sikh people think sikh guys with turbans have HUGE bellies falling out of their shirtsAngry Most of the hindi movies also show us a dimwitted idiots, out to make fool out of ourselves. It's sad to see our punjabi's are doing the same thing so we can't blame any particular community of degrading usOuch I really wish someone standa up against this bCensored happening to sikhs all around the worldOuch

People PLEASEEEEEEEE check this video out and I'm sure all of u will hang ur heads in shame as I have done it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUHEu3obhO8 Ouch I feel like beating the Censored Censored out of these Censored CensoredAngry Just look at the way these idiots are wearing turbansAngry

hahah..I am so sry jyoti..See I can read ppl's mind!!ROFL

ur 100% true...I have always tried potraying a positive attitude towards it but just can't!!=(

sometimes I feel that it's crossing above the limit..but why only us?!That's the main question.it's not that I am cribbing but sometimes they ought to make fools on us!!

Even on Screen it's heavly protrayed about the nuisance we bring in >.< it's sumtimes unbearable.

Why do they potray like that?!I mean we r Smart,Educated and we know so much,but still we r potrayed as "dumb" ppl!

I saw the video and oh my gosh it's CRAP!Shoot!!why do ppl even put it up ahd shoot our BP high!!Angry

Thanc for putting up opinion!Big smile

pathy

pathy

Posted: 14 October 2007 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
You should send a petition to the sensor board of India not to pass such movies.

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 15 October 2007 at 1:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pathy

You should send a petition to the sensor board of India not to pass such movies.

i would not think they would listen!

dropsleaves

dropsleaves

Posted: 15 October 2007 at 4:38pm | IP Logged

The next time somebody makes a joke about Sikhs remember this little story !!

An excellent response by a true Sardar:

"Hello friends!!
Well, jayant , my friend, told me the following incident which I wish
to share with you. It has had a deep impact on my thinking.
In the diwali vacation, Jayant and his couple of friends had gone to
Delhi.
They rented a taxi for local sight-seeing.
The driver was an old Sardar, and boys being boys, Jayant and his pals began cracking Sardarji jokes, just to insinuate the old man.
But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed.
At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid up the hire-charges. The
Sardar returned the change.
Moreover, he gave each one of them one rupee extra and said, (in Hindi, of course),''son, since morning you have been telling Sardarji jokes. I listened to them all and let me tell you, some of them were in a very bad taste.
Still, I don't mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to
see the world. But I have just one request. Here I am giving you one
rupee each. Give it to the first Sardar beggar that you come across in
this city."
Jayant continued," That one rupee coin is still with me. I couldn't
find a single Sardar begging on the streets of Delhi."

Sikhs are one of the most prosperous and diversified communities in the world. The secret behind their universal success, according to me, is their willingness to do any job with utmost dedication.
A Sardar will drive a truck or set up a roadside garage or a dhaba, but he will never beg on the streets.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top