Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diyafah thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
This content was originally posted by: JK_5

Oye u chorified my DOTW for next week😭 I was planning on discussing this very thing but u posted it now😳 Oh well I guess I'll have to come up with something else😛

A very nice topic BTW and something that's very close to my heart as well😊 I simply HATE the way present Media prtrays Sikhs and Sardars All these stupid people who think it's Okay to crack jokes at another community need to be fed to the hungry sharks🤢 I swear If i had the power I would make them sleep in a room full of paagal dogs😡 Instead of showing what our punjabi community really is about the movie people MOSTLY elaborate on some of our features and make them look degrading compared to other communities and have made so many degrading stereotypes about out community😭 For example most of the non-sikh people think sikh guys with turbans have HUGE bellies falling out of their shirts😡 Most of the hindi movies also show us a dimwitted idiots, out to make fool out of ourselves. It's sad to see our punjabi's are doing the same thing so we can't blame any particular community of degrading us I really wish someone standa up against this b🤬 happening to sikhs all around the world

People PLEASEEEEEEEE check this video out and I'm sure all of u will hang ur heads in shame as I have done it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUHEu3obhO8  I feel like beating the ðŸ¤¬ ðŸ¤¬ out of these 🤬 🤬😡 Just look at the way these idiots are wearing turbans😡

hahah..I am so sry jyoti..See I can read ppl's mind!!🤣

ur 100% true...I have always tried potraying a positive attitude towards it but just can't!!=(

sometimes I feel that it's crossing above the limit..but why only us?!That's the main question.it's not that I am cribbing but sometimes they ought to make fools on us!!

Even on Screen it's heavly protrayed about the nuisance we bring in >.< it's sumtimes unbearable.

Why do they potray like that?!I mean we r Smart,Educated and we know so much,but still we r potrayed as "dumb" ppl!

I saw the video and oh my gosh it's CRAP!Shoot!!why do ppl even put it up ahd shoot our BP high!!😡

Thanc for putting up opinion!😃

pathy thumbnail
You should send a petition to the sensor board of India not to pass such movies.
~*manai*~ thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: pathy

You should send a petition to the sensor board of India not to pass such movies.

i would not think they would listen!

dropsleaves thumbnail

The next time somebody makes a joke about Sikhs remember this little story !!

An excellent response by a true Sardar:

"Hello friends!!
Well, jayant , my friend, told me the following incident which I wish
to share with you. It has had a deep impact on my thinking.
In the diwali vacation, Jayant and his couple of friends had gone to
Delhi.
They rented a taxi for local sight-seeing.
The driver was an old Sardar, and boys being boys, Jayant and his pals began cracking Sardarji jokes, just to insinuate the old man.
But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed.
At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid up the hire-charges. The
Sardar returned the change.
Moreover, he gave each one of them one rupee extra and said, (in Hindi, of course),''son, since morning you have been telling Sardarji jokes. I listened to them all and let me tell you, some of them were in a very bad taste.
Still, I don't mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to
see the world. But I have just one request. Here I am giving you one
rupee each. Give it to the first Sardar beggar that you come across in
this city."
Jayant continued," That one rupee coin is still with me. I couldn't
find a single Sardar begging on the streets of Delhi."

Sikhs are one of the most prosperous and diversified communities in the world. The secret behind their universal success, according to me, is their willingness to do any job with utmost dedication.
A Sardar will drive a truck or set up a roadside garage or a dhaba, but he will never beg on the streets.