Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

Fair and dark reality of life

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 9:23pm | IP Logged

Apparently inspired by Rajshree's Shahid Kapur and Kareena starrer Vivaah, Sapna Babul Ka…Bidai, the new show that is being aired on Star Plus is a story of two cousins Sadhna and Ragini, played by Sarah Khan and Parul Chauhan respectively. Incidentally both are small town girls who have come to Mumbai to make it big in the glamour world. While Sadhna is a fair and beautiful girl who is brought up by her maternal uncle Prakash Chand, Ragini is a dark complexioned girl who is Prakash's real daughter. Though the cousins love each other immensely, Ragini's mother Kaushalya doesn't like Sadhana and is worried about Ragini's dark complexion and simple looks.

Bidai is newcomer Sarah's debut show. "Playing the lead role in my debut serial is a real big thing for me," says the young girl who hails from Bhopal and has always dreamt of being an actress since her childhood. A 12th standard student, she has been modelling in her hometown for local branded products. She is also the winner of a state-level beauty pageant. "I am the 2007 Miss Madhya Pradesh," she adds. However, Sarah is not new to camera. "I have anchored Hangama and Style Hai To Life Hai for Bhopal Doordarshan Kendra," says Sarah who gave her first audition for Bidai in Bhopal, thanks to the show's supervising producer Vivek Jain who also hails from her hometown.

"Vivek is my senior and I know him quite well. He made me audition for the role and I was asked to come to Mumbai for another audition and after that we went to Agra for the shooting. Things happened very fast," she says. However, Sarah is keen on appearing for her 12th exam through private tuitions. "Education is a must and I will continue with my studies," she adds. Talking about her role, she says Sadhna is a simple and naughty girl who bonds very well with her cousin and uncle. "But Ragini's mother discriminates against her because her own daughter is dark whereas Sadhana is fair and good looking," she says.

Bidai however is not Parul's debut show. She hails from Lucknow and was not at all interested in acting. But it was her brother's model friend who convinced her to take up modeling as a career. "I met him at a wedding and he said I should become a model because I have a nice face. I came to Mumbai to try my luck," recalls Parul who decided to pursue acting instead. She soon landed her first role in Rajshree's Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Kii. "I was part of the college gang and played Pari's friend Tina," says Parul. Her next show was Kayamath where she played a cameo that kept her busy for three months. "But Bidai is my first big show in a parallel lead and I am really excited about it," says the dusky girl who plays Ragini. "Ragini is a simple and mature small town girl. She has no problem with her looks and can't live without Sadhna," she adds. 

http://www.deccan.com/Sunday%20Chronicle/Sunday%20ChronicleD escription.asp#Fair%20and%20dark%20reality%20of%20life

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Silence_GoldHowlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Fair and dark reality of life" in Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rumus

Groupbie

rumus

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 3:41am | IP Logged
kareena kapur is not even in this movie Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top