Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Hi All!
The wonderful words of philosophy of life of an esteemed aquaintance of mine made me post this topic.....
His Philosophy of life is that the greatness of life lies in enjoying the competition...doing our best and not worrying about the winning.
Yes..indeed the thoughts were very beautiful.....taking cue from that thoughts....if we take tasks in  life as a competition....

1. Don't we get into a competition to win it?
  2. How can we not worry about the  result..if we have the capability  or chance to win.....or atleast the desire to win?
  3. Is it possible not to worry about the end result...when some competion is really important or matter of life and death????
  4. Do people bluff when they say they donot worry about the result ?
  • If winning does'nt matter..then there might be no problems to humans...in this universe....Confused
Regards,
Mythili

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does'nt winning matter ????????" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 11:47am | IP Logged
1. Now a days I am not into any competitions becuase I want to sit lazzily, relaxing.
2. If there is a possibility/ capability of winning a competition then i think there will not be any worry.

3. If the competition is really important, then there will be worry about end result, becuase now a days I am a bit nervous .

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Winning Isn't everything. It is the only thing!

I think the problem people face is in defining what winning really is. To many people winning is a numbers game. Being one up over the other and emerging on top. They want to win by hook or by crook and will go to any extremes to win.

However, I personally define winning as giving your hundred percent and being better than your best. Performing with honesty, integrity and intensity in whatever you undertake.

When you have performed your best, you will be the winner. Just like how they screamed 'Second Place Hell Yeahs' in Bring it on. Because it did not matter whether they won the championship or not, what mattered was that they pulled themselves out of adversity to succeed.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 9:57pm | IP Logged

Winning is everything but when the outcome is decided by forces not in your power ( as in Indian Idol or SRGMP) it is wise to enjoy the competition and not worry too much about the outcome.  At work and school it is different though as the outcome is mostly dependent on one's hard work and talent.

In matter of life and death again , one will never live to see that they lost...Wink 

As they say , the ones who have seen the end of war are dead soldiers.

Edited by lighthouse - 06 October 2007 at 9:57pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 10:31pm | IP Logged

Life is a type of sports winning or losing doesn't matter....but participation is importent thing......we all are not born winners ,all try to do perform in diff ways...some people feel they lose something ,some people think they win, it give little pleasure,confidence...bt we should Enjoy our works n performance and keep the sportsman spirit n life and keep trying....   Smile Thumbs Up

Edited by Believe - 06 October 2007 at 10:31pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
I don't think one should only care about winning, but one must strive to be victorious.

Victory is a sweet addiction Smile

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Winning is not every thing....

just give your best shot and make sure what you do others are happy...(other means not the opponent Tongue )

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 12:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_gallery

(other means not the opponent Tongue )

ROFLROFLROFL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top