Advice Corner
Advice Corner

India-Forums

pls read my prob...

love_hate Groupbie
love_hate
love_hate

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
hi, I previously post my prob that I dont wanna get married nw bt my parents r pushing me 2 get it nw......sm members try 2 console me...thx a lot 2 tyhem..bt nw I want 2 get it mr elaborately 2 c mr eaction..pls suggestme wh to do..I feel as if I wud hv no other options xcept suicide...
thx a looooot 'freecash' (whs ur name?). actually I hv sooo many probs wh 2 tell u....1st of all my fathers r 3 brothers and they r very close....the daughter of my elder uncle's hd beed suicide due 2 sm reasons in 2004. then the daughter of my 2nd uncle's had been suffered frm cancer since 2006. she is still in danger nw though her treatment is goin on...nw my parents along wid me whole relatives blief tht   this house's daughters are ill-fated. they strongly bliv tht once my secon cousin die, they wont get me married...my family has money bt they dont gv education so much importance..ths y I hv alws noticed the type of marriage proposal tht came 4 me is either 'educated bt poor' ya 'rich bt poorly educated' (we r rich). my parents knw tht I wont like poor educated person...though I m nt talking tht I need a rich guy bt certain things he sud hv maintain...nw-a-days which proposal they r talking 4 me is within my relatives (I just hate my relatives 4 their illogical consrvative-minded quality). the man is abput 10 years elder than me doing job...his family is small, mom and sis are teachers...they hv no car, no flat (they r nt rich its nt my complaint 4 them..bt my q is y they r taking a girl frm a rich family?I hv alws use car if any whr 2 go...alws grow up w/out doing any work..bt a middle cl family's values r different....do they think I can adjust wid them? my parents doesnt think at all about it...2 me, this man is so much elder than me.. I dont like this fact...above all I m nt mentally prepared 2 get married b4 my graduation wh need 1yr more...bt my parents dont listen 2 me at all...their view is that if they came and like me than they will get me married within 2 month wh is impossible 4 me....age-diff doesnt matter to them...I still cant 4get the memories ofmy 1st love...once I decided tht I wont never marry in life..bt cing my parents condition I changhed my life later..I want 2 study more...do mba frm abroad..bt all these r just dreams 4 me as mine is a conservative family..I m just 23 nw..bt they think it has been already delay in my marriage..if I opppose than my father gv emotional lecture bout the family's other 2 girl's condition...nw lefting me..he has heart prob...etc etc..I think I wud gone mad like this u knw...I donno wh to do..I cant gv love rite nw..I hv talikg them fankly..bt they dont literaly undersd my feelinngs, my emotions at all.....this is my dielema...I dont wanna get married in my relatives bt they r pushibng me 2 do....hw sud I face this situation guys???????

-Pinky- IF-Dazzler
-Pinky-
-Pinky-

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 12:08am | IP Logged
awww!well, first of all, not marrying a guy becuz hes not rich enough is...umm wrong? but i understand u have other reasons too..studies n all. well, if i were you, i would talk to someone who would listen. there must be someone who would understand.. ur siblings, cousins, grandparents, friends, friend's parents, ANYONE? first convince them, make then understand and then tell them to talk to ur parents!that way u will have at least one person by ur side..who will actually try to make ur parents understand ur point of view.
if that doesn't work n none listens to you, then here's another thing u can do , go to that guy who's coming to c u or w/e n tell him frankly that ur not interested. i m sure he wudnt want to marry sumone who like hates the idea of marrying him.. n tell him to either not come to to c u at all ..make some excuse or w/e OR he cud come c u n be like oh i don't like her or something. but make sure he doesn't tell anyone that u asked him to do it ..or u will be in big trouble. i hope that helps n DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SUICIDE!i mean come on u can be stronger than that!

Edited by -Pinky- - 06 October 2007 at 12:10am
-Pinky- IF-Dazzler
-Pinky-
-Pinky-

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 12:34am | IP Logged
oh but even though asking the guy to reject u would help u for the time being...it wouldn't solve ur problem! i mean ya sure you will have some more time to convince ur parents but eventually they will find another guy for u Confused u will rlyyy have to make them understand somehow..n remember, ur an adult n they can't force u!also think about why they want to get u married sooo badly. is it for ur own good or is it bcuz of some stupid reason?
cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 12:39am | IP Logged
*Topic Moved to Advice Corner*
devilangel IF-Dazzler
devilangel
devilangel

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Look, if you dont want to get married, dont get married. There is no such thing as "cursed" daughters, and I'm sure you will have a happy and healthy life. It's your life after all, and no one, not even your parents can dictate you into something you don't want. Yes, parents care about you and they only want whats good for you, but they HAVE to understand that what they think is good for you is not necessarily good. Try telling them that you won't get married. Don't get caught up in emotional speeches, because if you get married due to an emotional blackmail, you are going to regret it. Be strong withyour parents and DO NOT get inspiration from Ekta serials, thinking that if you "help" your parents you will be oh-so-great. Because, in real life, there is no on to help you but yourself. Be strong, stand up to your parents, and do just exactly what you feel.
Howlarious IF-Addictz
Howlarious
Howlarious

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 10:57am | IP Logged
to be honest i fink ur parents  shud get a life u no Confused dey shud wake up and see da real world..da world aint like dat no more..where u push pplz into marriage etc etc..goshh grow up...no offence but those kinda parents piss me off

its ur life at da end of da day..ur parents aint gona be da ones living at ur in-laws yard and living wid u..so u gotta make a stand against ur parents..

lol its coz ur in india as well...dats how it is there..do what ur parents say Confused i duno man..u need to tell ur parents dat u dnt wanna get marriedddddd..

do what u wana lol dnt let no1 else take rule of ur life LOL LOL coz ur letting dem walk over u at da momentttttttttt..get out more and see da world..tell ur parents 2 do da same lol

Edited by *VaVaVoom14* - 07 October 2007 at 11:01am
IndefiniteLOVE IF-Rockerz

Posted: 12 October 2007 at 8:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top