Fashion and Beauty

Fashion Reviews, Celebrity Fashion Tips..

evloveme thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
here you all go-

Fashion Reviews, Celebrity Fashion Tips

Fashion is fun - It creates whimsy and keeps us from getting bored. But do not follow it slavishly. Sharpen your fashion skills with these practical tips to flatter your figure and make your clothes work for you.

Style & Fashion Tips

Have plenty of neutrals on hand to mix and match.

Open collar shirts and scoop necks will lengthen a short neck. Add a long necklace.

Tailored clothes flatter most figures.

Buy similar styles of the clothes you already own that you think flatter your figure.

Always carry a safety pin in your purse for emergencies.

Shoulder pads will help you balance large breasts and wide hips, but keep them slim.

For a quick fix, if your slacks or slip is too long, roll it up at the waist.

Break in your shoes before wearing for an entire day or special occasion.

Use dryer sheets or fabric spray to reduce static cling.

If you're losing or gaining weight, go to your local thrift store and get some in-between sizes that fit.

Make sure your pantyhose fit correctly. Tugging on them in public is a no-no.

Don't be afraid to try anything new.

Always clean your clothing before you store it.

Apply your perfume before dressing to prevent staining your clothing.

If a department store doesn't have your size, ask. Many stores are set up to call their other stores to locate and ship the desired size directly to you.

Don't bare all. Leave some mystery to your look.

Fix sticky zippers by rubbing them with some wax or a bar of soap.

Secure your buttons by dabbing the backs of them with fingernail polish or clear glue. This prevents the stitching from coming loose.

If you're concerned about clingy clothing, don't buy anything with more than 5% Lycra.

Leather has a tendency to stretch, so buy your pants one size smaller.

Don't fret if you see an outfit in a magazine that is too pricey for your budget. You can probably put together the same outfit at stores such as the Gap and Old Navy, at a fraction of the price. Just cut out the picture and take it shopping with you.

thanks

do not forget to reply.

Edited by evloveme - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

evloveme thumbnail
no bod liked it???????

huh!!! my bad today.......
😕
miss5stars thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
noo its cuz no one is online 2 cooment on itt.. 😆

oo usually wht i do wen ma pants r too long is i roll them up frm the bottom its a style here..
n usually if i see my pants go0t sh0rter cuz i go0t taller i roll them up 2 b lyk capri's..!!
they still loooook gud!!! 😆
rwishka17 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the advice! Yeah, not a lot of people come to this section constantly, so just be patient. Your tips are VERY helpful! 😉