Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 1:47pm | IP Logged

sat shri akaal!

kiddayaan

okie i have seen in my past years which is not many that alot of young punjbi kids do not know how to speack punjabi. i think that is pretty sad so i want to know how well do you speack like do you speack with an accent or perfect? do you understand everything or alittle?

well meri punjabi to ek dun teek taakwa menu sari samaj andi nala mein bol sakti hoonBig smile

do tell me your views!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How well do you know punjabi?" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angelic_J

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 9:53pm | IP Logged

I soooooooooooo agree with you ManaiClap It's so sad to see the state of young punjabi generationDead My mum always says she made mistakes with her older 3 children(ma bros and sis) but ain't repeating the same mistake wid meEmbarrassed That's why she put me in punjabi class even before kindergraten startedROFL She always taught me how to read and write in punjabi but for some strange reason I only picked up how to read and didn't learn how to writeEmbarrassedLOL But now she has put me in an actual school class where I learn how to write punjabi and even though I really suck at it I'm still making SOMEEEEE progressEmbarrassedROFL I'm VERY proud of the fact that i can speak and understand PUREEE punjabiApprove although i do have problems writing it but god willing that's gonna go away soonTongue

Xx..uvt..xX

IF-Rockerz

Xx..uvt..xX

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 4:50am | IP Logged
aww so sweet! and so so true! its a shame to see so many Punjabi kids dont know Punjabi.. a lot can actually speak and understand but cant read or write!

I too am very proud for the fact that my parents helped me out, and so i can fluently read AND write Punjabi, as well as speak and understand Big smile

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
i know if my kid did not speack in punjabi i would slap some punjabi in my kid! LOL

_sukhi_

IF-Rockerz

_sukhi_

Posted: 06 October 2007 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Haan Manpreet.... chungi gal kehi...tussi... ermmm well for me well my parents didnt acutally teach me punjabi i mean in terms of reading an writing... if they did it would have been much better.... but yea most people do understand like Luvneetu was saying Embarrassed... but thennn i said to ma mum that i think i should learn it it will come handy some day say we get kicked back to Punjab LOL LOL phir othe ja ke engrezii maran di gal nehi huni..... punjabi vich sara kuch hunda ya.... etc sooo i started learning at skool.... and there was only a few of us so we was easy to teach lol LOL LOL one way haha of learning was the teacher would put punjabi songs on haha most of the times we would be dancing   ROFL ROFL but was fun.... and today coz of uni studies n that.... i have kind of forgotten some stuff.... but it just takes me longer to read..... but as soon as studies done back to punjabiiiiiiiii Embarrassed Embarrassed

Xx..uvt..xX

IF-Rockerz

Xx..uvt..xX

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 12:30am | IP Logged
hehe one of my friends (Ena.. she came here a few days ago) learnt Punjabi by reading the backs of Punjabi CD covers ROFL now thats creative! LOL

Marthika

IF-Dazzler

Marthika

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 12:38am | IP Logged
!!!!!Yes ..Me too !!It doesent mean that they are born or licing in any country they forget their mother hood

-dramaholic-

IF-Sizzlerz

-dramaholic-

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 4:01am | IP Logged
LOL LOL i can speak punjabi proper!:.

but cant read it dat good
can rite it...copying? Tongue
and i can understand it aswell

Post Reply New Post

Go to top