Were Pandavas cheaters?

Posted: 16 years ago

So i recently finished watching the whole Mahabharat for the second time around........and i LOVED it!  I was addicted to it to the point that my husband threatened to divorce me if i continued to watch it. 😆

while watching the battle of kurukshetra unfold one thought kept on coming to my mind over and over again........did the Pandavas win the war by cheating?

all of the great warriors killed by the Pandavas were killed by deceipt......Bhisma, Drona, Duryodhan, Karna etc.

what do you guys think?

Edited by mittijalebi - 16 years ago
absolutely not 😳 ..
there was an incidence of shikhandi and one of Jayadrath..
white lies are not lies. 
INTELLECT and pure CONSCIENCE is what helps one distinguish those.
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
QT you have me confused. 😆 i don't understand your answer.

which was the jayadrath one again...i know i just watched it but soooooooooo much to remember.
erm erm...think Jayadrath was the one torn apart from the hips or thighs, while Krishna eclipsed the sun.....mmm I think 😕

If I said it this way to my naani, she will kill me! 😛
so i googled it and jayadrath was duryodhan's brother-in-law. he was the one who had the var that whoever kills Jayadrath and drops his head on the ground, his own head should split into a thousand pieces.

the torn apart one was a different person. 😆
sheesh! That was Jarasandha then! ok Im genuinely embarassed 😳 and a dead meat if my naani comes to know of this now for sure 😆   ðŸ˜† How could I forget his name, it was the fav part of my story 😛

Originally posted by sohn

sheesh! That was Jarasandha then! ok Im genuinely embarassed 😳 and a dead meat if my naani comes to know of this now for sure 😆   ðŸ˜† How could I forget his name, it was the fav part of my story 😛

so whats your opinion on this? 😊

Mahabharat 101 😆😆? 

Arjun VOWED to kill Jayadrath while SUN was shining that day (before sunset). Jayadrath was hiding and Krishna momentarily eclipsed the sun. Rejoicing that darkness, Jayadrath came out (he had no death fear after sunset) and that's when Krishna released the SUN out of penumbra and as soon as it shined again, he recommended Arjun to kill Jayadrath, now in front of them..
http://www.geocities.com/mahaabhaarat/witnesses/people/men/jayadrath.htm

One more story is "naro wa kunjaro wa"- shikhandi (1/2 man, 1/2 woman) was essential to take down Bheeshmacharya.

Shikhandi
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shikandi (born Shikhandini) is a character in the Hindu epic, the Mahabharata. The son of Drupada, he fought in the Kurukshetra war on the side of the Pandavas.

He had been born in an earlier lifetime as a woman named Amba, who was rejected by Bhishma for marriage. Feeling deeply humiliated and wanting revenge, Amba carried out great prayers and penance with the desire to be the cause of Bhishma's death. Amba was then reborn as Shikhandini.

From her birth, a Divine voice told her father to raise her as a son. So Shikhandini was raised like a man, trained in warfare and eventually married. On her wedding night, her wife insulted her on finding out the truth. Contemplating suicide, she fled Pancala, but was saved by a Yaksha who exchanged his sex with her. Shikhandi came back a man and had a happy married life with his wife and had children too. After his death, his masculinity was transferred back to the Yaksha.

In the battle of Kurukshetra, Bhishma recognised him as Amba reborn, and not wanting to fight 'a woman', lowered his weapons. Knowing that Bhishma would react thus to Shikhandi, Arjuna hid behind Shikhandi and attacked Bhishma with a devastating volley of arrows. Thus, only with Shikhandi's help could Arjuna deal a death blow to Bhishma, who had been virtually invincible until then. Shikhandi was finally killed by Ashwatthama on the 18th day of battle.

REF- search shikhandi in wikiped

Anyhow...  these are white lies and Krishnaneetee..
The entire war was fought due to CHEATING DICES in Dyoota..  there was no Dharma and Truth backing the opposition.  White lies were mere strategy and not cheating. 

Everything is fair in love and war... Had to say it..!!! 😆

Pandavas tried to reason with all of them first, didn't work. and the war was not a deceit or covert operation..

Originally posted by lighthouse

Pandavas tried to reason with all of them first, didn't work. and the war was not a deceit or covert operation..

bingo!