--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago

Paresh Rawal ready with 'Main Aisi Kyun Hoon'

Monday, October 01, 2007
12:32 IST

At a certain point in our lives, we seek answers to many questions and prominent among them is why I'm like this? Sanjana Pushpa Patil is one such girl who's into a self-introspective mode. You can catch her on Sahara One's new daily 'Main Aisi Kyun Hoon'from October 8 at 8.30 pm.

'Main Aisi...' is the story of a 26-year-old middle class Maharashtrian girl, Sanjana Pushpa Patil (Nazneen Patel). Though she heralds from a middle class background she has a modern outlook towards life. Her dream is shattered when her childhood heartthrob Siddharth (Khalid Siddiqui) marries another lady, Anuradha (Anokhi Srivastava). This woman turns out to be her boss. Though, Sanjana is left broken hearted, she still believes that Siddharth will come back to her.

Noted actor and producer Paresh Rawal says, "Main Aisi..'. is a woman orientated show. This character of Sanjana can be easily related to the modern age woman. She defines today's working woman who's broad-minded but still respects Indian customs and values."

So is the show a usual emotional drama? Paresh Rawal replies, "This is one show where you wouldn't see the leading lady sobbing all the time. Humor is very much an essential part of this show. However, we wouldn't sacrifice any character for the sake of comedy. The beauty of this show is that each character perfectly fits into his/her role."

Nazneen Patel, plays Sanjana Pushpa Patil, a simple middle class Maharashtrian girl. She works in a publication house as a columnist and writes a popular column called ' Pyar, mohabbat and all that'.

"In the show, I am left disheartened when I find out that Siddharth is married to her boss. However, Sanjana is still hopeful that one-day the two will re-unite," says Nazneen.

Anokhi Srivastava is essaying the role of Anuradha whose husband is Siddharth. "I'm Sanjana's boss too but in no way do I suppress her. In fact, after finding about Sanjana and Sidharth's tale, Anuradha wants Sanjana to do something for her.

None of us (Siddharth, Sanjana and Anokhi) are playing a negative character. That's the beauty about this show. Despite the love triangle, none of us have any hatred for each others. The story has very interesting ending, "she says.

Interestingly, this happens to be Khalid Siddiqui's first daily soap. He says, "For the first time, I feel that I'm really working hard. I've received many offers but I chose this show as it has a powerful script. My character Siddharth is the one who's caught between the two leading girls. He loves Sanjana dearly but circumstances force him to marry Anokhi."

The other starcast includes the likes of Dilip Joshi, Savita Prabhune and Medha Jambhodkar With no negative characters in the fray, one wonders whether the three love birds will settle in one nest. For the time being, we'll wait and see how these birds chirp.

Article Link

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

modishh thumbnail
Got it from Sahara's website!

Genre: Drama
Schedule: Mon - Thu 8:30pm

What does our heart desire? Can a man-woman ever have a pure platonic relationship? How strong is our faith in the institution of marriage? Is dating and one-night stands justified ? Why is society still so regressive when it comes to women? How does today's generation balance traditional values and modern thinking?

Amidst fixation on all these questions comes the 26 year Sanjana Pushpa Patil, the lead protagonist of Sahara One television's new show Main Aisi Kyun Hoon. Sanjana is born with an extremely hyper imaginative mind and has a witty sense of humor. Despite her upbringing in a traditional middle class Maharashtrian joint family, Sanjana is a strong headed girl with modern outlook towards life. She is nearing her 30's and thus her family is pressurizing her to get married.

Sanjana works for a publication house as a coloumnist and writes a popular column called "Pyar, Mohabbat and All That". She has been in love with her childhood sweetheart Siddharth who is in the US, pursuing his further studies and is waiting to get married to him. Her life comes to a standstill and she is completely shattered when she finds Siddharth married to her boss Anuradha. Unable to face the reality, she has several unanswered questions in her mind. Why did Siddharth break his promise and marry someone else? How will she face the man who she is in love with, now married to someone else? She desperately needs answers for them. Caught between traditional values and her own modern sensibilities, Sanjana the eternal romantic at heart still chooses to live in her past and refuses to move on in life.

Will Sanjana ever forgive and forget Siddharth? Since she doesn't have age on her side, and she belongs to a conservative middle class upbringing… will she be able to live life on her own terms?
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks Uzma and pinkykhan!!! Sounds like a Great Show!!! Finally a Show with no Negative Characters!! 😃
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Acting is just another job meant to be taken seriously, a lesson that Nazneen Patel learnt quickly

Sanjana is a 26-year-old unmarried girl from a traditional Maharashtrian middle-class family. She has a column ~ Love, Mohabbat and All That ~ in a leading newspaper and cherishes hopes to marry her childhood sweetheart once he returns from America. Everything is hunky-dory, at least that's what she thinks. Soon she comes across Anuradha, daughter of Mr Garewal, owner of Morning Daily, in which Sanjana works. The two become close friends. Life is not a bed of roses, something Sanjana learns at a party. All it takes to shatter her dreams is one party. Her sweetheart Siddharth appears from nowhere only to reveal his marital status ~ married to Anuradha.
That's the story of the newest serial from SaharaOne Television~ Main Aisi Kyun Hoon ~ which goes on air on 8 October. Essaying the role of Sanjana is Nazneen Patel. "Early on in the career an actor needs to go into the studio with hopes. Landing a role is not difficult and even if you have acted in a couple of shows, it's not certain that offers will automatically come your way. I still have to carry my bag to the many auditions taking place in Mumbai."
The promos look promising. Hopefully the story won't fall through after the first few episodes. Sanjana, instead of being shattered, continues with her life. Like in most middle class families in Maharashtra, family members tell her over and over again to find a husband. The story is about how Sanjana goes against norms and strikes out on a new path.
"While working on any television show, one has to complete eight to nine scenes a day, instead of the one or two shot by filmstars. The medium is demanding and you hardly get time for yourself. But it's the excitement of going that extra mile which keeps television actors on their toes."
Though Main Aisi Kyun Hoon is starting on a promising note, hopefully the plot will make sense after the first 30-odd episodes. "Normally most shows become family dramas. There is little an actor can do when that happens. The concept note of this serial is a promising one. Even if I have to play a negative role, I don't mind as long the storyline remains different."
Speaking about similarities between herself and Sanjana, "We are both alike when it comes to temper. I easily get angry, am aspiring and dedicated."
Working with Paresh Rawal's team has also been a good experience. "Though he is busy with his career, he keeps time for the show. During meetings he is open to ideas from those on the sets. Even if film offers come my way, I have to be true to Paresh."
Patel thinks it's a matter of time we move away from serials depicting family feuds. "Bollywood directors have moved away and it's time for serials to do the same. It's only a matter of time before a contemporary Bollywood-like serial is made."
Also the need to finish college before taking on a career in television acting is over. "I flunked my standard X examinations. For sometime I went without pocket money and that made me look towards different sources of earning. There are these models who wait on stars on stage. The pay is pretty good for college students. When I joined college, I got selected for Miss India and that was another important achievement not because I was on the way to become a model. I realised that modelling is something you can look forward to for a few years. After that what? Neena Gupta was working on a serial for which I was selected. Sadly, it didn't take off after the pilot episode. Yet, it prepared me for future projects. Nobody can say life is easy in the entertainment world. Like you have a job to do, I have mine. If I don't fare well, I get kicked out. The situation is similar on your case. We are not very different ~ both get scolded for bad work, both look forward to opportunities, both are never satisfied with what we have," rounds off Patel.

Dhruvadeep Banerjee
bose_dk thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angad luver#1

Thanks Uzma and pinkykhan!!! Sounds like a Great Show!!! Finally a Show with no Negative Characters!! 😃

Its just a start
they will appear   just wait