Debate Mansion

When should kids be allowed out alone? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 8:30am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "When should kids be allowed out alone? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by anon

Depends on the enviroment you live in.

No Certain age, whenver Kid is ready to face the world alone. 
Like first just walking to the corner shop or something. U know bit by bit - build up confidence.

No set age. All can depends on the child really, how mature they are. Also country where u live plays big part...how safe ur area is. Smile

sure I know of 1-2 graders who look  like they are ready to marry and settle down...LOL

ROFL Sounds like my 5 year old niece. She wanted to stay at her frerinds house and never come back..Wink

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 10:02am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raj5000

If possible never LOL After 21 years ideally, after that then anyway will not like parents company, till they each 30 years.

For young one's, there is proximities of law in different countries / state / county for making sue children are not left alone till a certain. See no debate here, its solely parents call when they have enough confidence on kids, that they won't cause any trouble.

If boys dont cause some trouble parents would feel a sense of void... i think if boys can cause little trouble but know where to stop and girls know they are not supposed to either cause or get into trouble is when they are ready to go out....LOL

LOL Yabba dabba , that would be the Young and the Zestless.. Kinda like Raj and Simran of DDLJ in europe trip..Tongue

sohn

sohn

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

If possible never LOL After 21 years ideally, after that then anyway will not like parents company, till they each 30 years.

For young one's, there is proximities of law in different countries / state / county for making sue children are not left alone till a certain. See no debate here, its solely parents call when they have enough confidence on kids, that they won't cause any trouble.

If boys dont cause some trouble parents would feel a sense of void... i think if boys can cause little trouble but know where to stop and girls know they are not supposed to either cause or get into trouble is when they are ready to go out....LOL

LOL Yabba dabba , that would be the Young and the Zestless.. Kinda like Raj and Simran of DDLJ in europe trip..Tongue

LOL LOL LOL

sohn

sohn

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 11:24am | IP Logged

My first longest bicycle ride as a kid was the same day my dad bought me the bike. Obviously me and my friend immediately wished to go to the safe woods near our area for a small picnic and come back in a couple of hours, that too cycling!! Woohoo! erm I kept looking at dad in anticipation... batting my eyelashes like mad for permission Tongue Though I wasn't exactly a pro in riding, he didnt have the heart to say no, so he said go ahead! I jumped with joy and me and Niki took some sandwiches, flowers to put in the basket in the front of my pink cycle Blushing and ....ahem rode only a few kms and came back all exhausted but ecstatic! Tongue 

Just last year, while me n mum were having a casual chat, this first ride topic came up and she told me that just that day, my dad had followed me in his car, making sure I didn't fall off anywhere or get lost in the middle of nowhere. I ran to my dad and hugged him. It seemed so sweet! Blushing

I dont know how my parents have managed it over years. I have surprisingly managed to keep their trust in me alive Tongue and I dont remember any squabbles over me going out wherever and whenever. They followed certain rules which Im still not aware of Confused...and I think most of the times, they have made the right decision! When I look at them, I feel I am going to be such a lousy parent when it comes to all this Confused Unhappy! But my parents....man I seriously dont know how though!! Do parents just know when and how???

Ok...I know Im not helping answer the post here Confused 

Edited by sohn - 05 October 2007 at 11:29am

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anon

ClapClapWell said both of you...and agree at bold in Anshu's quote. True also werts, major differnce in Boyz nad Girls. Also in Boyz theres something thats just cheeky/naughty but there's a major difference if they are batameez, rude, stubborn and do not listen. Embarrassed Well said though and true tooEmbarrassed

Shocked and omg anshu, lolss ROFL haha Never!!! Yeaah and what would you have done if your mum never let you out, lolsss alwayz holding her hand like a mummy's boy....and wishing that you climb buildings like Spiderman i bet...Wink

Someday you have to do things without folks and gain confidence....otherwise by the time u are 30, u will always wnat to hold mum's hand..Wink 

@ Qwerty - True LOLLOL

@ Anon - LOLLOL atleast parents won't be blamed to keep the kids aloneLOL. Yeah right someday, that can happen without leaving them out aloneLOL yup at 30... realization might strike we are all aloneLOLLOL

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 11:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 05 October 2007 at 11:46am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sohn

My first longest bicycle ride as a kid was the same day my dad bought me the bike. Obviously me and my friend immediately wished to go to the safe woods near our area for a small picnic and come back in a couple of hours, that too cycling!! Woohoo! erm I kept looking at dad in anticipation... batting my eyelashes like mad for permission Tongue Though I wasn't exactly a pro in riding, he didnt have the heart to say no, so he said go ahead! I jumped with joy and me and Niki took some sandwiches, flowers to put in the basket in the front of my pink cycle Blushing and ....ahem rode only a few kms and came back all exhausted but ecstatic! Tongue 

Just last year, while me n mum were having a casual chat, this first ride topic came up and she told me that just that day, my dad had followed me in his car, making sure I didn't fall off anywhere or get lost in the middle of nowhere. I ran to my dad and hugged him. It seemed so sweet! Blushing

I dont know how my parents have managed it over years. I have surprisingly managed to keep their trust in me alive Tongue and I dont remember any squabbles over me going out wherever and whenever. They followed certain rules which Im still not aware of Confused...and I think most of the times, they have made the right decision! When I look at them, I feel I am going to be such a lousy parent when it comes to all this Confused Unhappy! But my parents....man I seriously dont know how though!! Do parents just know when and how???

Ok...I know Im not helping answer the post here Confused 

You sure helped.Thats is so cute, thanks for sharing.  (Just in humor) moral is parents are always watching oneself, even if you are alone... so be carefull on what you do, before getting busted Wink LOLLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top