~*Happy Birthday Mahatma Gandhi!*~

ammmu thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well."
- Mahatma Gandhi

He led; he pioneered; he strove for others.

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, known as Mahatma Gandhi, is known best for his leadership physically and spiritually of the Indian Independence Movement. Through his principles of ahimsa and satyagraha, Gandhi showed not only his generation, but us today that violence is not the answer to solving a problem.

Through marches, fasting, speaking, and much more, Gandhi got his point across and won the hearts of many Indians to have the same drive for India's Independence. Mahatma Gandhi is not only a model for Indians; he is an inspiration to us all.

Today, we celebrate his 138th birthday, and hope that our future generations will continue to revere this leader as much as we do today.

A Very, Very Happy Birthday to you, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi!

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Happy Birthday Ghandi ji! 👏

Wow....I didnt know anythign about this...Thankx for the post Ammmu and great idea CC 😳 😃 👏
-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
A very Happy Birthday to Gandhi Ji 🥳 🥳

I should have known that it was his Bday since i did a speech on him, but anyways a very Happy Bday to him once again! 👏 👏 👏
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Gandhi jayanti wishes to all.........😊
misspickle thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Happy birthday Bapuji Edited by divya74 - 16 years ago
GetbusyLiving thumbnail
Janamdin Mubarak ho aapko Bapu...

M.K.Gandhi...wat a personality..to think its been 138 years since this gr8 man was born and has been 59 years since his death....but still this man evokes the same kind of emotion be it love or hatred the way he must have had evoked when he was alive..speaks volumes for the effect he has not just on India but on the entire world...

he is the true brand ambassador of India....right from school days when i read his stories about his freedom struggle and his various strategies...i used to think this man never did anything wrong..and was so much in awe of him...for me he was practically god-like

but during college i came across his autobiography " My experiment with truth"..where he has unbashedly written abt his insecurities as a child abt his short stature...his jealousies w.r.t to his wife kasturba, how he gave into temptation and ate meat inspite of belonging to a strict vegetarian family..how he once went to a prostitute, and how during his first trial as a lawyer he practically ran out of the courtroom out of sheer cowardice..and the moments during the freedom struggle where he doubted himself...

as i read it i was bowled over..here was the man who at that time was widely respected as the father of the nation and was revered as god by all Indians and was a mode of inspiration for people like Martin Luther king, Nelson Mandela, Mother Teressa, A. P.J Abdul Kalam..but this man goes ahead and write this scandalous book abt himself..and publishes in numerous prints for the world to read...i mean these dark secrets is sumthing we don't even admit to oursleves let alone write it down..

and not only that...it was amazing to see how he remembered each one of his misdeeds and faults and how step by step he strived to overcome it..a man who used to tremble at the sheer thought of speaking in a courtroom went on to became an excellent orator..whose words were enough to move an entire nation towards his shown path...."be the change u want to see"..were his famous quotes..a mantra which he applied throughout his life...that is wat makes him a Mahatma "great soul"...i realised from his book that he was not god but was very much human...but at the same time he was a human being who strived for perfection in his deeds and mannerism..a human who was most closest to god than anyone of us..a human of the highest stature...

like Albert Einstein once said abt gandhi..."as days goes by....it will be harder and harder to believe that a man of such a stature ever walked on this earth"..how true he was...we need gandhigiri to accept that gandhi was the coolest historical figure who can ever come across..his anecdotes will tell u that he had an amazing sense of humour..

India is blessed to have a man like Gandhi be born in this country...Gandhi is one of the reasons i am proud to be an Indian...
Happy birthday Mr Mahatma Gandhi.

He was a very great Patriotic man.
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Gr8 post....

His rules and way of living was good...
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
A Very, Very Happy Birthday to you,Gandhi ji! 👏