Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

Angelic_J

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 01 October 2007 at 2:52pm | IP Logged

OMG i'm soooooooo proud of us punjabisTongue we're making everyone learn punjabiLOL soon there will be a day when punjabi will take over hindi in India or atleast be as common as hindiWinkLOL

Kareena Kapoor learns Punjabi

Imtiaz Ali's forthcoming romantic comedy, "Jab We Met" is eagerly awaited for a number of reasons.

Pritam's chartbusting music and the fact that lovebirds Shahid Kapur and Kareena Kapoor feature together on screen for the fourth time (after "Fida", "36 China Town" and "Chup Chup Ke"), the romantic comedy has been shot largely in the princely state of Nabha, which is located in the heart of Punjab.

As Kareena Kapoor plays the role of Geet, a talkative Sikh girl from Bhatinda (in Punjab), she had to familiarise herself with the mannerisms and lingo of the region. This is the first time Kareena is essaying a proper Punjabi character and during the shoot she was given a few dialogues with Aditya (Shahid Kapur) in chaste Punjabi. Even during the usual Hindi dialogues, her diction needed to be given a minor Punjabi twang.

To ensure this, at the time of dubbing, the film's editor, Aarti Bajaj ("Salaam-e-Ishq", "Black Friday", etc. ) diligently helped Kareena with her Punjabi pronounciation to give the character of Geet in "Jab We Met" added authenticity.

The film, which releases worldwide on October 26, is an idyllic train journey into the heartland of Punjab when Aditya and Geet sub-consciously find love!

Source:- http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=17103

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gk_09Xx..uvt..xX

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kareena learns Punjabi:P" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Marthika

IF-Dazzler

Marthika

Posted: 01 October 2007 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
LOL

cheri

IF-Rockerz

cheri

Posted: 02 October 2007 at 4:02am | IP Logged
isnt she punjabi (kapoor? Smile )

.:Ashi:.

IF-Rockerz

.:Ashi:.

Posted: 02 October 2007 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
wow im impressed!! Clap Clap wahoo kareena! Tongue
nice article...tfs Big smile

Xx..uvt..xX

IF-Rockerz

Xx..uvt..xX

Posted: 02 October 2007 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
hmm thanku!

and yeh she is Punjabi.. so technically she should know Punjabi anyway.. lol so i dont see the huge achievement in learning Punjabi.. unnu te vaise vi aana chahida hai! LOL but ah well, better late than never Big smile I hope she becomes fluent hehe

Rachu_1987

IF-Sizzlerz

Rachu_1987

Posted: 03 October 2007 at 7:01am | IP Logged
yeah i saw the promos and her punjabi is quite cool...im sure she'll pull it off Clap Clap way 2 go kareena

Angelic_J

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 October 2007 at 11:08am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Xx..uvt..xX

hmm thanku!

and yeh she is Punjabi.. so technically she should know Punjabi anyway.. lol so i dont see the huge achievement in learning Punjabi.. unnu te vaise vi aana chahida hai! LOL but ah well, better late than never Big smile I hope she becomes fluent hehe

She IS punjabi but these people from bombay can't even understand punjabi so how they gonna speak?AngryConfusedLOL but u know what it's all their parents faultOuch look at people like me and mayb u who are born and brought up in foreign countries YET we still UNDERSTAND and SPEAK punjabi fluently although with a lil bit of an accent but all that matters is we KNOW how to speak riteEmbarrassedLOL

Edited by JK_5 - 03 October 2007 at 11:09am

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 03 October 2007 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
can not wait to see this!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top