Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

Adi-Metz FF: "Marriage By Consent",16, Upd 05/02 (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 23

desi chic

IF-Sizzlerz

desi chic

Posted: 31 October 2007 at 11:01pm | IP Logged

"Marriage By Consent" Part 1

I felt my limbs fall into paralysis as his icy breath rushed passed my ears at a dangerous proximity… and then his words came into registration… Mrs? My eyes began to widen with each passing moment as I realized the implication of his words… Oh-my-dear-god… Panic rushed through my veins, yet I remained still… and then it hit me… "Main tumpe vishwaas kaise karoon?" (How can I trust you?), I spoke to him with my most composed voice in the situation being, whilst wriggling my fingers from his and sitting up. I stared at his sleepy frame… his head rested comfortably in the plush white pillow, while a knowing smile crept on his lips as I voiced my doubt. Without opening his eyes, he let out a light chuckle… Isse kya hua… Mera dimaag kharab karke has raha hai… Soor kahin ka! Uff… (What happened to him… After eating my brains, he is laughing… Pig! Uff…). "Zara mudh kar toh dekho…" (Turn and see…), he whispered sleepily. A minute passed before it occurred to me that I was to turn and… look in to the mirror? What?! Main toh khud ko ayeene mein roz… OMG… (What?! I look at myself in the mirror every… OMG…)…

My thoughts petered out as the colour drained from my face while settling eyes upon the dash of red on my forehead. Instinctively, my hand reached to where the vermilion coloured my destiny. Bringing it down, I stared blankly at the red substance at my fingertips… Was this happening? I couldn't seem to decide if my heart had begun to race or helplessly stopped beating…  Feeling the my vision begin to blurry, I looked uncertainly from my fingertips to behind me… where my so-called husband lay… Desperately, I searched my brain for a grasp at reality as I wished it… In the midst of the chaos erupting within me, a small smile crept on my face as another idea flickered in my intelligent mind… Turning my body, I sat facing him… my hand still before me. "Issey kya saabit hota hai… kya pata…" (What does this prove… Who knows…). Before I could finish, my breath caught in my throat… feeling his fingers hushing against my lips. He stared at me for an endless moment… and I could feel the colour rise to my cheeks once more. Finally, he retraced his hand and outstretched it to the side table… retrieving some papers. As he shoved them into my hands, I watched as he turned his head over, pulling the covers underneath his arms… and close his eyes. Shifting my amazed gaze, I scanned the documents… immediately confirming my dread… as I saw my scribbled signiture at the end of the page. Retracing my eyes sideways, the bold print held my abilities captive in a stubborn grasp... "Marriage By Consent: [signature of Maithali]"...

In that one minute… I felt my world turn upside-down… or around… Heck! I couldn't even think straight… I looked up from the white sheets of paper binding me to… this unknown man… whom I lay in bed with… who seems so unconcerned… My vision blurred as I turned from looking at him… to the papers… and back at him… silently cursing myself for not being able to remember what happened in the rest of last night… "Meri shaadi…" (My wedding…), I whispered in a barely audible… cracking voice… The thin leaves of paper sifted through my trembling fingers, eventually swaying away… their feather-like weight soundlessly crashed upon the floor… I sat immobile for a minute, and closed my eyes… hoping to re-open them to the reality I knew… Curses… As I lifted my eyes, they met with the same fate… My heart churned with emotions I knew not, and in the midst of it… a deep suffocation filled my lungs and I desperately sought the fresh air… With a blank mind, I threw over the covers, proceeding to run towards a closed door in the posh surrounding… when my feet ceased mid-step… Turning my head at a ninety-degree angle, I looked at where my wrist was encased in a firm grip, and traced the arm upwards… A lazy smile played on the lips as he parted them, "Sweetheart… meri shirt?" (Sweetheart… my shirt?). My eyes went wildly big as I looked from his open torso to where his eyes stared… at mine… Instantly, I shot my gaze up… feeling the colour rise and fall out of my face in unkempt pace… My body was loosely clothed in a deep brown shirt, whose end extended just above my knees… My knees… which had by that time, begun to shake… Embarrassed to no bounds, I pulled away my hand, hugging myself tightly, whilst trying to pull down the stretchy fabric… Turning my head and looking to the floor in shame, a fresh reservoir of tears began to threaten… Keenly, my gaze shifted to the various corners of the room… finally falling upon the stony grey and soft crme of my churidaar. Without a thought, I ran and grabbed it, and rushed into the bathroom…

Feeling the door behind my back and my chest heaving… I felt my mind slowly register the situation… My entire life had come to a standstill… Numbed to feeling… but vulnerable with despair, I felt my vision blur… and slowly I slid to the ground… burying my face in my arms…

Maithali… tu roh kyun rahi hai? Tujhe halat ka saamna karna hoga…Tum uss… uss… uss soor ko jeetne nahin de sakti…  (Maithali… why are you crying? You have to face the situation… You can't let that… that… that pig win…)… I strengthened myself bit-by-bit reciting the line to myself… remembering the faces of my family… Mamma… Papa… everyone… Lifting my head slowly from the fetal position, I gently lifted myself and turned to face myself through the glass afore… "Manthan…" I whispered with a tremble… as my eyes transfixed on the dash of red on my forehead… Turning the tap on, I gorged my face with the cool texture of the clear liquid icing against balmy skin… Closing the taps, I lifted my eyes as my hands slithered down my cheeks… The dash of red on my forehead stubbornly remained untouched… I felt nauseous… Grabbing my dupatta with trembling fingers, I ripped open the door of the bathroom… My strides pointed definitely towards the exit… As I walked past, my eyes faintly caught a glimpse of him sitting up against the headboard… shirtless… Besharam kahin ka (Shameless idiot), I thought in disgust and frustration as I slammed the door behind me…

It was a chilly morning… the air hit my skin like frost, yet I let the windows down… Overwhelming myself with the cool breeze… allowing it to cool my heated senses… As the scene from my awakening unfolded before my open eyes, I felt a surge of anger and frustration race through my pulse… almost immediately, my foot unconsciously pressed hard on the gas as I shifted gears… Flashes of my loved ones' faces came haunting me one by one… the slide having ended… I whispered yet again, "Manthan…" Just as the dear name left my lips, I forced down on the brakes… the black machine carrying me came to a screeching halt. I sat there for a minute… my whole body shivering with an emotional rage… Involuntarily, my fingers slithered in a circular motion tracing the sleek leather steering… in a counter clockwise direction… as though in hope of turning back time. Closing my eyes tightly, I desperately tried grasping the reality of last night… How I came to be from Miss Maithali Agarwal to Mrs. Whatever-the-heck-his-name-is. Time lost it's importance as I racked my brains for answers to the blaring questions… Nothing having come to me… Tired and irritated, I stepped out of the lavish interior of the car and looked with blank eyes at the tall building afore. With a determined mind, I stepped forward hurriedly…

Kicking off my shoes, I stepped onto the cool floor…

Oh Mahiya… ye dil mein tu… Oh Mahiya… ye dil mein tu…

Lifting my eyelids… I looked straight ahead… where the woman stared back at me through the mirror glass…

Agaya dil mera dil ki baaton mein… Agaya dil mera dil ki baaton mein…

Kho gaya surmayee raaton mein…

Extending my arm rigidly afore… my right foot inched against my knee… as the eyelids fell once more…

Chun liye shabnabi lamhey aankhon ne…

Tab chali zindagi saanson mein…

Slowly… I felt my muscles give in to the ecstatic movement as the turmoil within came pouring out as my feet raged against the floor…

Koi vaada na tah… Kuch irada na tah… Dil mein tu agaya… jaane kaise…

With each step… I felt my pulse race not with energy… but the desperateness… as I fetched the depths of my brain for a link to last night…

Oh Mahiya… ye dil mein tu… Oh Mahiya… ye dil mein tu…

Each step now exhibited a growing fire… a frustration… and perhaps more so… helplessness

As the melody faded away… I felt my body fall as a heap on the floor… a single droplet of moisture betraying the composure I struggled to contain… Sitting up loosely, I looked ahead once more… I was a wreck. Suddenly, a surge of anger threaded through my veins as his lazy smile flashed before my eyes… Unknowingly, my fingers curled into a ball… Wiping away the dried tear from my face, I stood up again… determined to show myself… Main aise nahin haar sakti (I can't be defeated like this)… I spoke my thoughts confidently… and with that in mind… I stepped towards the change room…

Mumbling incoherent phrases of comfort and very apparent curses… I threw my bag over the shoulder, whilst slamming the door of my black machine. Damn hair… I cursed some more, whilst shoving the soft tendrils of hair behind my ear. Looking up abruptly, I froze on the spot… and turned around in the next minute… Kya ghissa pitta din hai… Ab aur bhi kuch burra hone ko hai kya… Ye duffer yahan kya kar raha hai… Hai rabba!! (What a sad day… And could it get any worse… What is this idiot doing here… Oh god!!)… Lifting my dupatta in the air, I brought it down over my head… holding it slightly over my cheek as I passed the man dressed in a tan blazer… Passing him, I was just able to catch a confused glance hovering over his face… Hai rabbaIsne kahin mujhe pehchaan toh nahin liya? (Oh god… Did he recognize me?)… Uff… and this darn veil… Bringing my hand up, I attempted to fix my dupatta whilst trying to still conceal my face… I imagine I must look like a victim of paranoia… That aside, I bring my hand down… when a particular shade caught my flailing eyes… Bringing forth my hand, I realized the distinct red smudged over my fingertips… As though hit with an epiphany, I stood still… while my gaze sifted through the various corners of the room… Walking briskly towards the receptionist… it dawned on me… I didn't even know what the name was… Standing still for another minute, I tried to fudge out the name… Curses… I was practically running now… sensing the duffer on my back… Desperate, I found myself turn the knob of a door… and slam it shut… Leaning against the solid, I felt my chest heave in chaotic rhythm…

Cheers,

dc

PS... listen to the Club Version of "Oh Mahiya" from "Dus Kahaniya"... that's the song... erm... couldn't think much at the time... and too lazy to change itEmbarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

iluvrainaarti-Jyo-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Adi-Metz FF: "Marriage By Consent",16, Upd 05/02 (Page 6)" in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sidsk

IF-Rockerz

sidsk

Posted: 31 October 2007 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Neetuji finally!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL
My eyelids were drooping just now when i had logged on to IF.But as soon as I saw ur fic updated.....saari neend bhaag gayi LOL
Loved it,loved it. Clap Clap You expressed her panic and anger so well.
Hmm so they dont know each other at all,huh?......Well plz continue soon.Cant wait to read more!

tsamhita

IF-Dazzler

tsamhita

Posted: 01 November 2007 at 1:07am | IP Logged
neetu di! intni achi part post ki aapne!!! finally!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL and you ended it on a cliff hanger!!! Confused LOL LOL great part!!! waiting till the mystery unfolds..how the hell did two people who don't even know each otehr get married?? Big smile

maplez13

maplez13

Posted: 01 November 2007 at 1:19am | IP Logged
*Sighs*
Well....I don't know what to say tbh. What do you do for a living? You should totally be a writer dude. I actually felt my face light up when i saw 'Marriage by Consent' on the first page lol. You didn't disappoint. Too good man! Adi was so funny. LOL
The way you describe everything, is just so.....descriptive. LOL Keep it up! Big smile

Pretz

Groupbie

Pretz

Posted: 01 November 2007 at 4:22am | IP Logged
WooHoo!!!!!!u updated Big smile Big smile   Big smile
I nearly fell of my chair when i saw u had updated LOL LOL LOL

Even after this long wait u have me completely intrigued Wink Wink Wink
As always beautifully written and i wanna read Adi's side of story Embarrassed Embarrassed & Manthan???hmmm...I'll wait for u to fill in the gaps Tongue
Keep on writing or typin...LOL

Just love ur storytelling style darlClap

Cheers
Preetz

Edited by Pretz - 01 November 2007 at 4:23am

mesmerized

Goldie

mesmerized

Posted: 01 November 2007 at 6:23am | IP Logged
LOL

itz realli gud i think itz funni how did they get married ?? cant wait to find out

desi chic

IF-Sizzlerz

desi chic

Posted: 01 November 2007 at 10:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sidsk

Neetuji finally!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL
My eyelids were drooping just now when i had logged on to IF.But as soon as I saw ur fic updated.....saari neend bhaag gayi LOL
Loved it,loved it. Clap Clap You expressed her panic and anger so well.
Hmm so they dont know each other at all,huh?......Well plz continue soon.Cant wait to read more!

LOLLOL Meri ff ki wajah se neend bhaag gayi yaan phir?LOL Erm... thanks for the encouragement yaar... No... they don't know each other... pretty much at all... LOL We'll see how this works...

Cheers,

dc

desi chic

IF-Sizzlerz

desi chic

Posted: 01 November 2007 at 10:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by tsamhita

neetu di! intni achi part post ki aapne!!! finally!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL and you ended it on a cliff hanger!!! Confused LOL LOL great part!!! waiting till the mystery unfolds..how the hell did two people who don't even know each otehr get married?? Big smile

Lolz Sami... thanks for the comments... yeah finally eh... OuchLOL You'll find the answer to your question in the next part... but some shall remain in the shadows until further notice... tohra suspense toh rakhna zaroori hai na? Otherwise I'm hooped for audiencesLOL

Cheers,

dc

Post Reply New Post

Go to top