DOTW - Small Screen vs. Big Screen

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

universe_megha

Goldie

universe_megha

Posted: 30 September 2007 at 7:58am | IP Logged

Smile Hi Friends! Smile

Itz my turn this week to present to you the Discussion of the Week. Tongue So here you go!!

Reality Shows are a new concept in India...or to put it rather differently..it is a 3-4 years old concept in India. Such shows have taken away the Indian Television Industry by storm!

Shows like Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Indian Idol, Voice of India, Boogie Woogie, Nach Baliye, Jhalak Dikhla Jaa..to name a few, are extremely popular. They click with the audience pretty soon. Many contestants are hyped and yet others are deliberately brought into controversies. LOL Anyhow, these shows manage to grab high TRPs. Thumbs Up

Reality shows have their pros and cons...for the contestants. But for us, the audience, they make for real good entertainment. Tongue Perhaps they act as the connecting link between the reel world and the real world. Smile

No doubt the Indian Television Industry has grown immensely after the introduction of Reality Shows. So much so that the gap between the Big Screen and the Small Screen is reducing or lez say itz being bridged. Cool

Small screen is being used extensively these dayz with the help of "Reality Shows" to advertise upcoming Movies. Ermm Bollywood actors, directors, producers...are no longer shy of accepting this as a fact that Big Screen DOES NEED Small Screen. Smile

SBS keeps on talking about these shows throughout the weekend. And this weekend too, SBS presented recaps and precaps of shows like Voice of India, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Jhalak Dikhla Jaa and Nach Baliye. Infact, these shows, their contestants seem to dominate SBS these dayz. LOL

In such circumstances, I would like to ask you about the dependency of Big Screen on the Small Screen.

Do you think that Small Screen is no longer Small?

Do you feel that Big Screen is continuously depending on / extensively using  Small Screen for wider audience and creating audience before the release of the movies?

Whatz your opinion?

Do post in your comments! Smile

Megha Tongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW - Small Screen vs. Big Screen" in Saas Bahu aur Saazish forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mytri

mytri

Posted: 30 September 2007 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
wow megha that's nice topic Embarrassed ,i think smallscreen is notatall small Embarrassed    its growing much bigger now Clap [=D> but we can't deny that on the small screen every thing that showed as reality shows r more dependent on the silver screen songs or scenes so i think both screens r inter linked with eachother in every matter Smile so both r equally gr8 Clap Clap its my point view

AmritaRao-Nina

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 October 2007 at 3:00am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

universe_megha

Goldie

universe_megha

Posted: 02 October 2007 at 9:08am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mytri

wow megha that's nice topic Embarrassed ,i think smallscreen is notatall small Embarrassed    its growing much bigger now Clap [=D> but we can't deny that on the small screen every thing that showed as reality shows r more dependent on the silver screen songs or scenes so i think both screens r inter linked with eachother in every matter Smile so both r equally gr8 Clap Clap its my point view

Thanks! Smile

I agree with your view that small screen too depends on big screen in terms of songs, concepts, etc. But Big screen tries to cash on the popularity of television serials...like music releases in reality shows, popularising new movies in daily soaps..etc!! Big smile

universe_megha

Goldie

universe_megha

Posted: 02 October 2007 at 9:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Ektas_Angel

good topic! well my opinion is though small screens got bigger that difference will be there because serials on small screen tend to repersent the people and daily problems etc and reality shows after a few series get boring where has the big screen will always be about the glamour and big stars with better sets also and storys more fantasy than serials are i think anyways so i think yes has got bigger but will always be a difference Smile

Thanks! Smile

Agree with ur view point too!Tongue

But in my opinion, the gap is being bridged at a very fast pace!

universe_megha

Goldie

universe_megha

Posted: 07 October 2007 at 10:08am | IP Logged
no more replies Embarrassed ...looks like not many ppl are interested in this debate cum discussion Ouch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top