Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 27 September 2007 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

Helloooo friends!

How are you all on this grrreat thursday evening! WinkLOL

I hope good! Big smile Anyways... back to the topic of this post LOL which is none other than the...

This week, we will be discussing...

FASHION IN BOLLYWOOD!

Let's start the discussion with what you think of the clothes the actors wear...

Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world?

For example, would you wear anything like in these pictures above?

Also... do you think Bollywood plays an important role in setting the fashion trends in India? Are people influenced by the way the actors dress and follow the example they set on screen?

Finally, last question... which film, in your opinion, has had the best outfits so far? Wink

Feel free to extend the discussion with questions of your own! Big smile

Enjoyyy!

Fashion & Beauty Dev Team

Edited by bollycrazy - 27 September 2007 at 12:33pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.:Ashi:.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Fashion in Bollywood!" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 27 September 2007 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bollycrazy

Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world?
I guess it depends on which movie we're talking abtEmbarrassed some are def. extreme...with the really short outfitsLOL but some are nice and look really good!Big smile    

yaar....what ash is wearing is def. not my typeLOL....i wud never wear that to school..and if i did i'd prob. get detention ROFLROFL
also, what rani is wearing is nice but i wouldnt wear that eitherEmbarrassed

Also... do you think Bollywood plays an important role in setting the fashion trends in India? Are people influenced by the way the actors dress and follow the example they set on screen?
Yes, it is. I think people are actually infulenced. They look up to their fav. actors/actresses and see them wear something they look awesome in and the ppl want to be like them and so they wear that.

Finally, last question... which film, in your opinion, has had the best outfits so far? Wink
hmmm a lot of movies have awesome outfitsTongue...but i really like the kurta's rani wore in bunty aur babli. they were very unique.

Awesome discussion, bollycrazy! love this weeks DOTW...looking forward to see what other people write.Big smile

Edited by .:Ashi:. - 27 September 2007 at 3:01pm

Angeleyes 2

IF-Sizzlerz

Angeleyes 2

Posted: 27 September 2007 at 8:27pm | IP Logged

Let's start the discussion with what you think of the clothes the actors wear...

Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world?

I think bollywood has gone a bit too far,  I mean its a hindi movie wasn't there suppose to be traditional?Confused now bollywood has gone Victoria secret.   

NO WAY, why because I don't like to expose my body and rani sari is not bad just toooooo colorfulLOLLOL

Also... do you think Bollywood plays an important role in setting the fashion trends in India? Yes everyone wants to dress like an actress

Are people influenced by the way the actors dress and follow the example they set on screen? Yes

Finally, last question... which film, in your opinion, has had the best outfits so far? hmmmm alot of nice films if start naming them, then I wouldn't have endingLOLLOL

xmanisha

IF-Rockerz

xmanisha

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 02 October 2007 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world?~
They are toooo toooo tooooo extreme ROFL
(For real world Wink)

lets say tht they're not my type LOL

yaa.. people are very influenced by their fav. celebrity.
like what their typ of clothing and all tht..
but im not.. LOL

i soooo love Rani's outfits in Baabul before she got
married to Salman Khan in the movie.
Really, great choice. Clap
Also loved her kurta's in B&B

Feel free to extend the discussion with questions of your own! Big smile
great topic & great questions ! Clap

OnlyHope

IF-Stunnerz

OnlyHope

Posted: 03 October 2007 at 12:33am | IP Logged

Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world?

They're way tooo extreme, in my opinion!!

No way...never!

Also... do you think Bollywood plays an important role in setting the fashion trends in India?

Yes, it does, but I don't think the fashion trends in India are as extreme as the clothing style is in some movies Ouch

Are people influenced by the way the actors dress and follow the example they set on screen?

Yep, it has a great influence, I believe, since there are manyyyy people who want to dress up like their favorite celebrities. Infact many have these celebrities as their idols, inspirations, etc. so they want to be just like them in every way!

Finally, last question... which film, in your opinion, has had the best outfits so far?

I really liked Rani's outfits (especially skirts) in KANK and her sari in the song "Aaja Na" from Baabul Embarrassed
Also, loved all the outfits worn by Amrita Rao in Vivah Embarrassed

brownxbabiie

brownxbabiie

Posted: 04 October 2007 at 5:20pm | IP Logged

Do you like them? Or are they too 'extreme' for the real world

nope i hate a lot of the english clothes they wear in the movies
the traditional clothes are okai, in a lot of hindi movies they wear clothes which are too revealing and extreme...no one here in north america or uk wears revealing clothes like that

nope..some of the saries and suits are nice but i dont like the fashion in hindi movies because they dont know how to dress...like leather...come on thatss so ugly...also the little slutty skirts and tops...
the fashion they show in hindi movies is ugly and totally not in style

yes because these actors are their idols and if their idols wear slutty clothes they will copy then because they think they will be cool

umm..i think namaste london cuz Katrina Kaif actually wore normal clothes

Edited by brownxbabiie - 04 October 2007 at 5:22pm

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 13 October 2007 at 8:21am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top