Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Narendra Modi Ignores Team India Stars (Page 4)

Connie IF-Dazzler
Connie
Connie

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 11:57am | IP Logged
It's such an irony the song Chak De is for a hockey movie, which is now a cricket anthem and the hockey team is totally ignored... Ouch

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Connie

It's such an irony the song Chak De is for a hockey movie, which is now a cricket anthem and the hockey team is totally ignored... Ouch

LOL... 
Swar_Raj IF-Dazzler
Swar_Raj
Swar_Raj

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by greatmaratha

Originally posted by Swar_Raj

I donot agree with this statement. A state/city/mohalla and street is where a person's identity is. Playing for India but getting recognization from its own state/city is good. Only to boost your player while match is going on bad but to honor all the players by greeting your own state kid, is an honor to all.

Why greet or reward only that States player.  Was that player a representative of that State, when he donned the Indian colours and took the field?  Was he not an Indian Player.  If so, why should a state honour him.  Why not honour each and every player, like what BCCI has done.  Yes, greet him with pomp and splendour when he goes home, but does recognition only come with a cheque of six or more figures?

When they loose then also the state player see the wrath of localalites..eg..Dhoni's house was broken. No, I am not encouraging that either. but if they did proud to nation, why the state and city not honor them. May be not by money but praise them in media, honor them in a meet or something.

A wrong does not make another right.  In any case, if they should be honoured, why not do it to all.  Why single out that state player.  If he was not a representative of that state, why should he be applauded for being a son of that soil, when he was wearing the Indian jersey and playing as an INDIAN.

Same thing should be done to any player of any game. be it shotpu, long jump, hockey, table tennis, chess. Any good player deserves a pat on their back by its own home, home city, home state and ofcourse from our beloved India Big smile

True.  Everyone deserves a pat on their back.  Why just sports people, sometimes, you and I deserve it too.Embarrassed

LOL  ofcourse GM, we all need a pat (Speacilly all DMersEmbarrassed)

Honoring them I see as a individual. Supposing my kid gets president's award in the school for performing well. My taking them to a specail dinner or giving them something o show appreciation of their hard work is also valid. Same way these players are Indian first but are also from one particular part of our country. That state can also honor them ..doesnot have to be money as I said, can be a prais ein media by the CM or others or just a program to honor the individual. if you rean the article on Dhoni after his victory. It said Utaaranchal Association of Ranchi performed a pooja for his Victory  (He is from Almora- Uttarakhand state,  living in Ranchi - Jharkhand)

Now does it mean only UA (Uttar akhand) wished him good luck??? we all did? Is only Ranchi celebrating his victory?? we all are. Even pooja performed for him..does nto mean it was not meant for whole cricket team. One person cannot bring victory  , it is a team work. So if a state shows some more papmering to his stste son, there is nothign wrong.

Waisse bhi we have bashed these players enugh on thoer world cup defeat and advertisements they do...so let us give them a break  and let us all enjoy their victory Big smile.

but yes Hockey , our national game needs to be bumbed up and we need to pamper those kids too. Any one bringing fame to India is well deserving candidate of pamperingLOL

Even HR gets pampered for his nasal singingWink

Swar_Raj IF-Dazzler
Swar_Raj
Swar_Raj

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 1:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

LOL... 

i hope Negi does get soem benefit of the movie too...the person whose story inspired SRK to do the movie.

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
They are joining the bandwagon, too!

Meanwhile, the Karnataka government has announced Rs 2 lakh each for players from the state in the hockey team, while the civil aviation minister has promised that members of Asia Cup winning Indian hockey team from Air India will be suitably rewarded.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/showsports.aspx?id=SPOE N20070027367
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

LOL... 

i hope Negi does get soem benefit of the movie too...the person whose story inspired SRK to do the movie.

I agree..  isn't he participating in jhalak dikhla ja on SONY as a celebrity in the dance competetion?  i am glad he became a more known face - atleast something to start withEmbarrassed
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 10:06pm | IP Logged

Teams and players start telling......

"Cheque De india "Embarrassed

kabhi_21 IF-Rockerz
kabhi_21
kabhi_21

Posted: 27 September 2007 at 4:37am | IP Logged
When indian cricket team wins Asia cup.... is it rewarded the way it is now?????????

I think they are ignored even that time..... Let hockey team win a world cup of hockey and they have the right to ask all the attention.... IMO....

Cricket has got so much money and recognition not because of sports but because of sponsors.... Hockey has to earn its sponsors by its own hard work.....

In reality shows.... the shows like Shabaas India and Business Baazigar are superior.... but the TRPs and sponsors and money is high in musical Reality shows.... so shall the other shows complain that its unfair to them???????

Go to top