Debate Mansion

Narendra Modi Ignores Team India Stars (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Yeah Lata di...mujhe itna gussa aa rahaa hai woh padhkar. Inn logo ko bhagwan narak mein bhi jagah naa de.... Angry

Agree..Dead..Yuck, Rs.1000/- for each goal???ShockedOuchDead..What a shame???How could they live a life of such a misery...AngryDead

I am disgusted...
Dead

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Narendra Modi Ignores Team India Stars (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 10:38am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 10:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Yes. I read about hockey team. It is really unfair on them. Sport is a sport and all should be treated by government as same in terms of recognition.

Someone pointed out about how "we" (as a country) also love and prefer to watch cricket more. I think that cannot be controlled much. Love for certain sport is each fan's personal perference. And if whole nation loves cricket there is no harm in showing their enthusiasm. But government shoudl treat all same.

Well, yeah looks like Mr. Modi thought about comming election and decided to contribute. That's the thing its all politics and articles like such then create hard feelings among common community people. So sad.

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

I donot agree with this statement. A state/city/mohalla and street is where a person's identity is. Playing for India but getting recognization from its own state/city is good. Only to boost your player while match is going on bad but to honor all the players by greeting your own state kid, is an honor to all.

Why greet or reward only that States player.  Was that player a representative of that State, when he donned the Indian colours and took the field?  Was he not an Indian Player.  If so, why should a state honour him.  Why not honour each and every player, like what BCCI has done.  Yes, greet him with pomp and splendour when he goes home, but does recognition only come with a cheque of six or more figures?

When they loose then also the state player see the wrath of localalites..eg..Dhoni's house was broken. No, I am not encouraging that either. but if they did proud to nation, why the state and city not honor them. May be not by money but praise them in media, honor them in a meet or something.

A wrong does not make another right.  In any case, if they should be honoured, why not do it to all.  Why single out that state player.  If he was not a representative of that state, why should he be applauded for being a son of that soil, when he was wearing the Indian jersey and playing as an INDIAN.

Same thing should be done to any player of any game. be it shotpu, long jump, hockey, table tennis, chess. Any good player deserves a pat on their back by its own home, home city, home state and ofcourse from our beloved India Big smile

True.  Everyone deserves a pat on their back.  Why just sports people, sometimes, you and I deserve it too.Embarrassed

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

GM, If we check the movie plot, there too you will see that local news paper were boosting their players.

Even in cricket it was said Karachi pur ranchi bhari......now each player was not from ranchi only the captain was. But it is an expression. It does not make Ranchi or karachi more special any way other then that one of the player is from there. And Ranchi if feels proud, then nothing wrong and we are proud of Ranchi too.and we are proud of their family for raising such wonderful kids too. Now neither Ranch nor their parents are out of India.

To congratulate them by their locals is nothing wrong we all are proud of them 

Agree on the quote part.  Why cricket, in any sphere of life, if we meet any person who hails from our home territory, we feel happy to meet them, we are proud of their achievements.  We identify with them in some ways and we empathise with them too.  But why single them out for monetary benefit, for something they did as a part of a whole team. 

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sowmyaa

Attach is a link to article from Rediff-

Narendra Modi Ignores Team India Stars

I doubt these ministers are giving out money or reward to these players out of their pocket. I am amazed that Janta is so happy seeing their money go to such award charity and also ready to criticize the ones who do not contribute to this reward. I personally think that these players are already getting enough money from their contract and other winning rewards. I don't think there is need for these ministers to reward them with the big sum of money they could have rather used for country's infrastructure or other important affair in each state.

Being said that, I agree to the part of this article that at least Mr. Modi should congratulate the boys from his state. They deserve pat on their back and greetings from their origin state. They have won the cup and they should be warmly greeted. It just leaves bitter taste in this moment of celebration. Pathan brothers were awesome! :)

However, I think that poster(Prassanna Zore) of such articles should ignore writing such articles that only creates bitter feelings among communities.

Great to have you back Sowmyaa.  You have said everything I wanted to Smile.. TFS. I agree at all the above.

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raksha.l

Originally posted by SolidSnake

Yeah Lata di...mujhe itna gussa aa rahaa hai woh padhkar. Inn logo ko bhagwan narak mein bhi jagah naa de.... Angry

Agree..Dead..Yuck, Rs.1000/- for each goal???ShockedOuchDead..What a shame???How could they live a life of such a misery...AngryDead

I am disgusted...
Dead

Feel sympathy to the players who had won prizes in other forms of game in asian games and other international level.  Here State Govts. competing to give prize money to Sreesanth(Yes, i am proud of him, he is states pride)but one year or two back one of the team member who won the Asian rowing champinship(woman) committed suicide due to poverty.  The state Govt. had promised a job for the members but  even not a daily wage job provided to the person. One of the wrestling champion for aiving doin vonders job or something. Other games  and participants are also eligible for some encouragement.  govts should be impartial.

Edited by nitasuni - 26 September 2007 at 11:52am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top