Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: Connie

It's such an irony the song Chak De is for a hockey movie, which is now a cricket anthem and the hockey team is totally ignored...

Teams and players start telling......

"Cheque De india "😳

kabhi_21 thumbnail
When indian cricket team wins Asia cup.... is it rewarded the way it is now?????????

I think they are ignored even that time..... Let hockey team win a world cup of hockey and they have the right to ask all the attention.... IMO....

Cricket has got so much money and recognition not because of sports but because of sponsors.... Hockey has to earn its sponsors by its own hard work.....

In reality shows.... the shows like Shabaas India and Business Baazigar are superior.... but the TRPs and sponsors and money is high in musical Reality shows.... so shall the other shows complain that its unfair to them???????
sareg thumbnail
so if Modi ignores players from his state he is doing b'cos of their religion 😉

if he gives them prizes he is doing it b'cos it is an election ploy 😆

I think they shouldnt give any of these perks to the cricketers not out of the state or national funds, they make enough money out of endorsements

It is ridiculous in India how much the press tolerates or allows to get by and nobody bothers to even utters a single word about it

who are these politicians to give away these perks to the players? this amount comes out of the tax rupees of every individual tax payer, these politicians are gifting away things as if there is a plant that grows money in the back yard 😡
season915 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

so if Modi ignores players from his state he is doing b'cos of their religion 😉

if he gives them prizes he is doing it b'cos it is an election ploy 😆

I was thinking about the same. 😕😕
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

Why are we blaming the government and the politicians? Why don't we look at ourseleves? How many of us were here on the forum discussing the Asia Cup final as it was being played? We took the thread from 40-odd pages to more than a 100 pages (loads of spamming included 😉) when it was cricket, and all we had was a few congratulatory messages for the Asia Cup victory.

Forget about opening the thread and discussing it.. how many in India knew that the Asia Cup was going on.. ?? or how many know the names of the hockey players or for that matter even the name of the Indian Hockey Captain...??? 😕 Sadly not many... Captain for Asia Cup was Prabodh Tirkey. The only famous name known to public in Indian Hockey will be Dhanraj Pillay...

Cricket is more popular than any other sport in India.. After the 1983 WC, cricket and more particularly one day cricket got a big boost...

Media plays an important role too in promoting cricket more than any other sports..  cricket winning in any format, any tournament is front page news.. but not so for other sports... Even for big events only a picture is shown and the main story is on the sports page.. Media in general hightlight news regarding cricket more... Media has a more important role in making any sports popular but sadly they ignore it... When there is a issue as such.. thats the time they only mentioned it....

Sponsors flock to cricket unlike hockey... As with associating it with cricket they know more people will see their brand name and it will be mentioned by media and hence given prominence...

Sahara is sponsoring cricket as well as hockey team.. but cricketers were given free homes after winning the T20 cricket and nothing for the hockey team after winning the Asia cup.. ofcourse it is their perrogative.. 😛

What hockey needs is sponsors and to market their game to make it more popular... to get public interested in watching the game... and to bring sponsors....  But sadly hockey is been run by inept IHF...

Really to see a hockey game is really exciting.. 😳.. It is fast paced.. with beautiful passes, flicks, goals, penalty shoot outs.. and doesnt even consume an entire day.... 😊

The concept of state-based rewards is inherently flawed as pointed out by Priya. Imagine, Ajit Agarkar getting 10 lakhs for sheer non-performance, and Sreesanth getting just half of that amount.  If the state governments did want to reward the team - they should have pooled all the resources and divided it equally among the entire team.

@ bold part.. it is absolutely preposterous... I really thought that Agarkar should have not taken that money but well that will never happen.... I mean doesnt he feel little bit of sharam... that he has done nothing and still receiving Rs.10 lakh.... for doing nothing.. I also read a news item where Agarkar building fellows had decorated the building and was waiting for him to receive with acclaim.. I mean.. seriously.. what has he done for them to receive him with such acclaim...  crazy people... 😆

Though I must admit that a sportspersons income is only through playing the game during his/her playing days.. at least that is still true in many sports other than cricket... whether it is hockey, badminton etc... and yesteryears players find it difficult to live off decently... so if state gives them cash prizes, I dont mind but like you have written... If the state governments did want to reward the team - they should have pooled all the resources and divided it equally among the entire team. - totally agreed with this statement.

If a state govt can honour the cricket team then it should be equal to all the sports.... there should be no discrimination on the basis of popularity of the sports in a country...

PS - Just saw on tv - 5 lakhs each to Irfan and Yusuf by Gujarat government - guess they remembered the elections round the corner 😉 

Iron78Iron thumbnail
Hockey lost its charm in most audience after dhyanchand. Also thanks to western influence which made cricket more popular.
Now how many of us will support Ranjan negi in Jhalak Dhikla ja 😆 I hope he can do some justice atleast 😛 as npt sure of his this talent 😛
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nice posts by all of you👏👏👏
sohn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabhi_21

When indian cricket team wins Asia cup.... is it rewarded the way it is now?????????

I think they are ignored even that time..... Let hockey team win a world cup of hockey and they have the right to ask all the attention.... IMO....

Cricket has got so much money and recognition not because of sports but because of sponsors.... Hockey has to earn its sponsors by its own hard work.....

In reality shows.... the shows like Shabaas India and Business Baazigar are superior.... but the TRPs and sponsors and money is high in musical Reality shows.... so shall the other shows complain that its unfair to them???????

I agree with you Abhi.

I 'attempted' starting a thread on the same thing today...where Ashok Shandilya said he felt like committing suicide cus he n billiards was ignored and that the same appreciation or reward should be given to him. Im not sure about the details, think he won a bronze, and was gutted that he was ignored.

I think the Indian gov has never tried to promote cricket or any other sport ever 😕  So dont think there is any special attention to any sport, which is pretty sad anyway. 🤢

Lets say, we need our football team to atleast qualify for the WC in a few years from now, and Im sure suddenly the media and the public will be buzzing with football fever. But do we have the resources to train our footballers to that level? Does gov invest in the training and all the stuff that goes with it? Well the Beckhams and the Ronaldos have already created a buzz in Indian people, with few channels covering the WC matches inspite of India not even near to qualifying  So we know, media plays a big part as well, not just the government.

It seems like a catch22 to me. I dont know who shud do what, shud the players show something to get gov attention or shud the gov invest a lot in these kinda team sports so that they can perform better?

But I do agree, world cups are a different ball game! Im sure they will get the dues if our Indian team wins the WC, be it any sport IMO.
ChameliKaYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

Yeah Lata di...mujhe itna gussa aa rahaa hai woh padhkar. Inn logo ko bhagwan narak mein bhi jagah naa de.... 😡

ama yaar...aisa nahi bolo...kha-ma-kha...paap karke bhi ye log swarg chale jayenge...😆😆😆

ChameliKaYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

i hope Negi does get soem benefit of the movie too...the person whose story inspired SRK to do the movie.

mila na.... he is dancing with the stars...( a much younger one)😆😆