Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pradarshak thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
The only film I liked by VVC was "Parinda", "1942..." was a drag - the songs saved it. Have you guys seen "Kareeb"? I remorsed for watching it in a theatre. What does he think of himself? He is flying high as a producer after 2 Munnabhais and Panineeta. He might think very high of himself but truly he does not have the vision of Bhansali. I think the beautiful picturization of songs of "1942...", credit goes to Bhansali- he was VVC"s assistant director. Sajid said it right, just capturing a beautiful frame is not movie you need connect with it.

Another guy also should stop making movies that is Subhash Ghai. These guys should realize that their time is over, let the younger generation have it.
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Why VVC is so hungry for an Oscar...

This issues are life headlines every where and show how unity and respect we have among us
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
When Paheli can goto oscars why can't Ekalavya go πŸ˜›?
However, I fear /suspect that this film may win an oscar....ordinary Hit and understandable Indian movies never got an oscar.πŸ˜ƒ
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think Dharam should go, it is a movie that "critically" looks at Hinduism...and thats what goras want to see. πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

I think Dharam should go, it is a movie that "critically" looks at Hinduism...and thats what goras want to see. πŸ˜‰

Exactly. Either we shouldn't bother about Oscars but if we do then send the film which will impress western media and selectors. Gandhi, My father and Dharm are two such films.

Dharm I think won some accolades in Cannes film festival.

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

Exactly. Either we shouldn't bother about Oscars but if we do then send the film which will impress western media and selectors. Gandhi, My father and Dharm are two such films.

Dharm I think won some accolades in Cannes film festival.

anyone seen vanaja?  seeing promos on zee.. looks nice?

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

anyone seen vanaja?  seeing promos on zee.. looks nice?

I saw the promos on Zee too. It kind of looked a bit like a dark documentary to me.

Quoting from Page 8 of this thread,

Vanaja

Why: Not many in India have heard about this Telugu film about a 15-year-old girl who is raped by the son of a landlady in whose house she grew up dancing Kuchipudi. The film won director Rajnesh Domalpalli Best Debut Film at the Berlin Film Festival.

What's hot: Roger Ebert, one of America's most influential film writers, compares Vanaja to Satyajit Ray's Jalsaghar and calls it "wonderful", lauding the director for telling "his story with tender precision, and never an awkward moment". It's all of 111 minutes and in that time unleases some great sights and sounds of rural south India.

What's not: Domalpalli made Vanaja as a Master of Fine Arts thesis at Columbia University in New York. So technically it's not an Indian productionand that could have run it out as a possible Indian entry. For Vanaja to try and shine in the other categories as an American release is a tough ask.

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

The only film I liked by VVC was "Parinda", "1942..." was a drag - the songs saved it. Have you guys seen "Kareeb"? I remorsed for watching it in a theatre. What does he think of himself? He is flying high as a producer after 2 Munnabhais and Panineeta. He might think very high of himself but truly he does not have the vision of Bhansali. I think the beautiful picturization of songs of "1942...", credit goes to Bhansali- he was VVC"s assistant director. Sajid said it right, just capturing a beautiful frame is not movie you need connect with it.

Another guy also should stop making movies that is Subhash Ghai. These guys should realize that their time is over, let the younger generation have it.

Right!! there should be law to bann all film makers over 20 years of career, as they themselves don't realize thier time is overπŸ˜‰, but wait they or the pupils they train... in  2000's manage to give big block buster hits. There is no reason why we should be questioning creditability of greats like Subhash Ghai or VVC ... Parinda/MBBs hi sahi but there were major block busters and full credit to VVCπŸ‘.

Over here the point we are loosing is the movie itself, go ahead compare various aspects of films in question why dragging personal capabilities of film makers who have proven past.

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Its sad to see filmmakers in Bollywood fighting pathetically about some fricking award given by people who don't give a damn to our movies.
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

Its sad to see filmmakers in Bollywood fighting pathetically about some fricking award given by people who don't give a damn to our movies.

Indian Cinema is well appreciated and acknowledged by foriegn nations, people care and acknowledge, thats a false statement no one cares. Effots in fields of ats and entertainment are not only acknowledged but appreciated world wide.