Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Eklavya is India’s official entry to the - Page 2

Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
This content was originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

yeah true...It is the best movie I have seen in many yrs..It is just the best!!! Thats awesome Loved the movie great acting and directiosn!!!👏👏👏 Good choice this time round😊

i disagree laks. it was a terrbile film. the film guru should have went to the Oscars. i know it's not even gonna win...you might as well send a better film. which is more into acting. 😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Theatre

i disagree laks. it was a terrbile film. the film guru should have went to the Oscars. i know it's not even gonna win...you might as well send a better film. which is more into acting. 😛

What I think it is not about a good-Boxoffice hit movie. It woul dbe the criteria for hte national awards and all the other popular choice awards in Bollywood like Stardust etc.

But for a movie to make a niche on international level it has to depict the country and its hardships rather than its joy. If you see all the type of forgein movies that win are very sad/ confused/dark movies.

SO for Oscar we needed to send a movie which is strange/dark/sad/and depict Indina culture. Eklavaya has it all

atlast14 thumbnail
Its good but Guru is better
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: lovanika

What I think it is not about a good-Boxoffice hit movie. It woul dbe the criteria for hte national awards and all the other popular choice awards in Bollywood like Stardust etc.

But for a movie to make a niche on international level it has to depict the country and its hardships rather than its joy. If you see all the type of forgein movies that win are very sad/ confused/dark movies.

SO for Oscar we needed to send a movie which is strange/dark/sad/and depict Indina culture. Eklavaya has it all

that wouldnt answer the question. but Guru was a better film than Eklavya. It doesnt nec. has to be about indian culture nor it has to be strange/sad/dark. Guru was a very inspring film. it had everything that a film should have. Good actors sets the movie a part. the indian culutre in believe you should never give up. the trust of wife. the trust of the people who are gonna buy your product.

Guru Should have gone

. Last year... water went to oscar and it went as a canadian entry all of a sudden YRF comes and says they want Fanna. A Horrible FILM to go into oscars. indian films dont get entry cause they lack a certin things and one of them a GOOD STORY... Eklavy was about what a royal guard who protects his master... new??

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
^^^well I dont expect everyone to agree...ths is only my point of view.
Guru is no doubt an excellent movie...But Guru was dominated by a single actor Abhishek Bachchan like it or not. Abhishek's role was so dynamic that he cud giv a scintillating performance...tell m me one person who hasnt cum out of the theatre and been shaken by such an awesome performance. The movie belonged to Abhi..

The same isnt for Eklavya...It was a whole package. I know the reason it was selected...Do u know the rave reviews it won especially in Hollywood...Eklavya will stand a much better chance for sure... I dunno if it will be selecteed n all But yes its much better and anyday the best choice.
Its the best movie I saw this year...

N Vikram lets get this straight, Its not abt a lolay guard n stuff...U have tounderstand the inner meaning. Its abt the conflict of aristrocratic Indians living in contemporary India. Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: lovanika

Chak De for what

I know it is a very good movie but isn't sports movie already there on international secene.

For oscar and to win that damm thing we need to send a film that depicits india...culture, dresses, emotions and all about India. I think the international media wants to see the bad, earthy and emotional depiction of a country.

I think Eklavya might be a good choice.

very well said..It depicted the belief of aristocratic Indians who believe in epics and legends and FOLLOW them and how they refuse to believe(though they live) in contemporary nation. N at last the single dialogue of Eklavya to Harsh at the end  that 'Eklavya was wrong in cutting off his thumb for his master' shows how one is forced to cum out of such shadows...It has dark and intriguing shades...

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
Indian_girl_18 thumbnail
I thought that this movie was very good and well made.