Debate Mansion

Mujhe Kuch Kehna hai/Discuss current News

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Back to work now....On this thread we can just rattle off...shoot breeze...vent...get on a soap-box and speak our mind on things totally random. Unlike other threads, posts on this one does not have to be in context posts before it.

If you read something, see something, hear something...current or historical and that riles you up...just come here and say what exacly is on you mind. If it is a peice of news or there are other references to what you are speaking about, feel free to post a link so the others know what it is that you are talking about.

So DMers get started...😊

Link to the old thread..

http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=596278&TPN=1

Important Note from Mods :

Please keep the atmosphere clean. Any sort of attacks, direct or indirect, sarcasm, taking digs, trolling ...Any thing which is an obstackle for a friendly forum, will be immediately edited with an     open   warning.

This is also my humble request to all DMers that if you have any problem with the content of a post, please use the report button, or PM DM Dev.

Thank you very much. Enjoy!!

DM Dev Team

PS - Repeated contents of the post, Thanks for tisha_g, refrain from spamming on this post.

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
I watched Zee TV news today. I am glad we won the world cup 20-20. But does anyone feel we made too much hungama and acted as if we won the actual world cup- the one we did not even qualiy to the 2nd round for?
I don't wish to dampen the cheerful spirits. We won something, so yey to that! But the comparison with 1983 WC bugged me a bit.. Anyone with me / is it just me? 😳
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

I watched Zee TV news today. I am glad we won the world cup 20-20. But does anyone feel we made too much hungama and acted as if we won the actual world cup- the one we did not even qualiy to the 2nd round for?
I don't wish to dampen the cheerful spirits. We won something, so yey to that! But the comparison with 1983 WC bugged me a bit.. Anyone with me / is it just me? 😳

Hi..

huh...

what is the difference between 20-20 world cup and actually worldcup

only overs diffeerence.. rest every team played with there full strength except indiaπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

One should feel the same if we had won the 50 overs game world cup..

this is new thats why we feel like was  it really a world cup???

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: guess_gallery

Hi..

huh...

what is the difference between 20-20 world cup and actually worldcup

only overs diffeerence.. rest every team played with there full strength except indiaπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

One should feel the same if we had won the 50 overs game world cup..

this is new thats why we feel like was  it really a world cup???

indeed.. but then there was a world cup with more overs recently played..
what kind of world cup was 1983 one?  why compare this 20-20 with that one?  is it same to win a test match and a one day match?  why is it the same to win a 50-50 and a 20-20?
i am enjoying the victory.. been a while since we won any huge championships.. yet, comparison with 83 got me a bit upset 😳..
Too_Much thumbnail

indeed.. but then there was a world cup with more overs recently played..
what kind of world cup was 1983 one?  why compare this 20-20 with that one?  is it same to win a test match and a one day match?  why is it the same to win a 50-50 and a 20-20?
i am enjoying the victory.. been a while since we won any huge championships.. yet, comparison with 83 got me a bit upset 😳..

winning a test match or winning a one day game might be different..

but winning a 50 overs (Wold Cup) or 20 overs World Cup is same ...

if this was some thing a common 20-20 tournament then we cant compare 83' with this one..

but this is a WORLD CUP so... no matter what and how many overs it has.. but the excitement should be same may be more coz we played with our 3 hero's sitting back home.😊

There is no reason to be upset...but many reasons to be proud...

phir bhi aapki marzi..

mermaid_QT thumbnail

winning a test match or winning a one day game might be different..

but winning a 50 overs (Wold Cup) or 20 overs World Cup is same ...

if this was some thing a common 20-20 tournament then we cant compare 83' with this one..

but this is a WORLD CUP so... no matter what and how many overs it has.. but the excitement should be same may be more coz we played with our 3 hero's sitting back home.😊

There is no reason to be upset...but many reasons to be proud...

phir bhi aapki marzi..

my husband watched it online and is explaining the same to me right now 🀣.. I think I get it.  My KAPIL love gets me upset when someone compares things to his glorious achievements πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

now i just hope we dont sit on the 2 million dollars prize for the next 24 years felling all glorious πŸ˜‰..  MOVING ON & AHEADrequires limited rejoicing and striving for better 😳
GOOD LUCK to these NEW players.. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Bad luck PAK...😳.....Misbah was magnificent and he make a thrilling encounter,Darra diyaa .......πŸ˜‰ Well played..better luck next time......πŸ‘πŸΌ

Congratz to all Indian players........πŸ‘Chank de India wooooooo

Too_Much thumbnail

my husband watched it online and is explaining the same to me right now 🀣.. I think I get it. 

if one has the licence then he can make other person understand so easily...by telling in last that i am the BOSSa and driver of this spaceshipπŸ˜‰

thats the spirit.....

mermaid_QT thumbnail

if one has the licence then he can make other person understand so easily...by telling in last that i am the BOSSa and driver of this spaceshipπŸ˜‰

thats the spirit.....

🀣 @ spaceship..
Thanks to you too, for being patient.   Well, I am not adamant 😳 when someone else has a point, I assimilate it. 

But does anyone feel we made too much hungama and acted as if we won the actual world cup- the one we did not even qualiy to the 2nd round for?

Other than less overs and few different rules, ICC world twenty20 is pretty much the same as World Cup. This is a first at international level and India winning it; is huge.

I have same happiness as I would if it was regular WC though $2 million prize money is a bit too much. In fact I would prefer this to regular Cricket. The fun is there and less wastage of time😊.