Reema_J thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello all SRK'ians and welcome to:

πŸ˜ƒ THE KINGDOM OF KOMPLETE KHAN-NESS! πŸ˜ƒ

The place to express your love, support and respect for King Khan! 😳

All fans are welcome! πŸ˜‰

TO JOIN:  Simply introduce yourself and tell us what you 'most' adore about Shahrukh!

MEMBERS LIST:

srk_preity_kajo (Zaara)

doly_455 (Doly)

amna_malik (Amna)

lilyrose (Ambreen)

teen_indiausa (Pari)

sweet_kp (Khair)

Reema_J (Reema)

Niya

Mink's Pink

diyafan

Tansha

ayeshag

tangina r (Tang)

~rahul ki rani~ (Dayeeta)

vinit_fan

ani11 (Anita)

blue rose (Ayesha)

indiandoll89 (Meera)

coolgirl249

white rose (Uzi)

sus143 (Suzi)

nandipandi15

jenny1000

~Roses_95~

Affi

kyph03

maro.afg

fariha17

laney

Muqualp

jassie_17

coolsonu

sidsk

prajakta567

mehroo123

Gujji_babe

tiya1

bubblezz (Shelly)

Fashion_2005 (Sabeena)

Melvee

*kuch na kaho*

bollyfan

pakiza_srk

love srk

ruqia

fizzwizz

bollycrazy

*simran*

luvneet

bewafa (Ena)

4evaemmi2

Ms.Chandni

xmuqix

adorablegurl

the_charm (Ghungroo)

I luv Shamit (Anna)

remizrulz (Priyaa)

*jaanu* (Nilam)

srk_biggest_fan

paki_gal420

GIU*SRK*

I_luv_srk (Sia)

Cutiepie Rani

violence_peace

divyalrl

Candylover

**Sundas_Sui**

Sprincess

nyle

farislove

~Aaina~

Ashii.PrinCess

brid

crazy_4shahruk

Henna042

*~Anjali~*

kuch_kuch

Hindi Girl

kiran_sherry

ANY NEW MEMBERS NOT ON THE LIST?!

Please PM me and let me know to add you!

CURRENT EVENTS:

DOTW (Discussion of the Week) - We will have weekly discussions on different topics and/or issues regarding Shah Rukh Khan.  There will not be any prizes/awards based on this segment; it is now just a participation discussion! 😊  

This week's discussion question:  

Well... let's keep it simple and discuss the music of Om Shanti Om! πŸ˜ƒ Did you all like it? What's your favorite song from the album? Least favorite? Has the album lived up to your expectations; were you expecting something better or has it surpassed your expectations?! Rat the album on a scale of 1 through 10, with the highest number being the best, of course! What do you think of Vishal-Shehkar's duo as music composers? Are their other albums better than OSO or do you like OSO better than the rest? Of the promos being aired, which song video do you like the most?! (And... if there's anything else you want to add in about the music of OSO (or even the movie itself) then please do so)!

COTW (Contest of the Week) - None at the moment! πŸ˜‰

Results for the last contest will be posted soon! 😊

Games - 6-Pack Abs or just some Flab?! πŸ€”

In this game, someone will post an actor or actress' name and the next person will rate them as compared to SRK by saying either "6-Pack Abs" or "Flab!"

I'll start:

Rani Mukherjee?! πŸ˜›

MOM (Member of the Month) We have been selecting MOM's for our club based on participation and activeness in the club! 

Current MOM (October): Will update soon!

PARTYComin' soon!

*NOTE: If you are posting articles, photographs, etc., please make sure that another member has not already posted the same material! Sometimes there are repeats!  It's only natural to not realize or notice, but if and when you do... please kindly edit your post! 😊

Edited by Reema_J - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Congrats to all of us for the new srk fan club!! πŸ‘

Thanks for making it Reemadi!!! 😳
srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
woooooooooooooooooow congrates to alll srian for part 20 πŸ‘ thanls reema di for the new fc . ur awsome thanks again 😳
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
wowwwwww congo everyone will rock this too inshaallah πŸ‘
Anjilicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
congrats & is it too late to join the club. 😳
-Divyaa- thumbnail
congrats to everyone wooooo srk fc rocks 😳
-Divyaa- thumbnail
Originally posted by: *~Anjali~*

congrats & is it too late to join the club. 😳

no  welcomeπŸ€— to the srk😳 fc
-Divyaa- thumbnail

"I don't think SRK can be born again" - Shah Rukh Khan

Lately in news for his six packs, the Badshah of Bollywood aka Shah Rukh Khan speaks about his forthcoming film Om Shanti Om and how Bhansali's Saawariya is not a threat.

The music of Om Shanti Om is catching really fast
Vishal and Shekhar have given it a lot of thought before deciding upon the music for Om Shanti Om . The interesting thing about the music of OSO is that it has been made in two contrasting periods, one of the 70's and one for 2007. So we hope that the music of both the eras is liked by audiences. Pyarelalji has composed the music for us for the first half of the film that depicts the 70's. Farah too has a good sense of music. I do not have a great knowledge of music but I have been fortunate that over the years my films have always had good music directors. And the singers in the film Abhijeet, Sonu and Shreya have all been great in the film. There are two to three songs that are too good. I think youngsters will like Dard-E-Disco a lot apart from which we have also included dance mixes as well. Om Shanti Om , I would say, has a lot of variety to offer as far as music is concerned.

What sets Om Shanti Om apart from the conventional?
At the outset I would say that it is not possible to make every person happy. And also I am not in a position to explain how different Om Shanti Om is. Although the film is about reincarnation and has lots of drama, it has its humourous moments too. As a producer, to recreate the sets of the 70's was very exciting for me and no filmmaker has tried to relive that period in Hindi cinema before. Hence it was a very enriching experience for me. Also I have a personal thinking that the term Bollywood has been derived from the 70's cinema. Nor has it has been taken from the 50's or 60's or the 90's. Bollywood has been identified by the global audience as having side locks, wearing bell-bottoms and having long hair and to portray that was exciting. I wanted Farah to do the same for her first film Main Hoon Na when we rewind to my youthful days. Om Shanti Om is a film from the 70's and yet modern.

Do you personally have a belief in reincarnation?
No, I do not believe in it. I don't think I can be born again.

How difficult was it for you to build your body that too at such short notice?
See nothing is difficult to achieve if you desire to work for it. Even our film has a main line that says everything turns out to be OK in the end and if it is still not ok then there is hope. I had hope even at my age that I can have abs and my children like it as well. Earlier I had a back surgery and I was told to have regular workouts to improve the flexibility. Four months back I was on diet control. I also took some supplements like amino acids and fat burners and I did 500 to 700 crunches. That has made a difference. And I feel good now having done it. I would advise all youngsters to do the same and stay fit because a healthy body leads to a healthy mind.

Whose idea was it to shoot a song with you wearing nothing but a shirt?
Farah always had this dream that I perform a song for her without a shirt. She tried it in Kaal where she made me wear a banian (vest). When I looked at bodies of Salman, John or Hrithik I felt that even I could try to compete with them, though they all have much more fantastic physiques. But I did not want to feel ashamed of myself and so I tried my best. I think that I have sort of succeeded in my endeavour. So the idea was certainly Farah's but I had set a condition that I would bare my chest when I have a good one. I put in the efforts for the last three to four months and feel I have done just fine.

Tell us something about the characters in Om Shanti Om..
One of the characters is Om Prakash Makhija. And Shreyas who plays a very important role in the film always reminds him that he will never become a star because of his name which is Om Prakash Makhija. He is a 70's character who is a struggling artist and wants to be a superstar but never succeeds. The second character is Om Kapoor who is a superstar but is not talented. These two characters along with Shanti (played by Deepika Padukone) form the storyline

We hear that Om Shanti Om has a lot of comedy so then is the film a spoof of sorts at the 70's era?
The film is certainly not a spoof. Of course there is humour in the film because Farah has a good sense of it. There are a lot of funny scenes in the film which we haven't shown in the promos as yet but you'll get to see it later in the trailers in October. What I like about Om Shanti Om is that it is a gritty film that has loads of drama but also has its funny moments. All in all Om Shanti Om is 2 hours of pure entertainment and hope it's happy 2 hours for all who watch the film.

Was it necessary to rope in so many stars for the film?
The film is set in two different eras. One from the 70's and the other in 2007 and most importantly the film is set in the film industry. So we felt that if we get genuine stars in the film that will make it more real and bring in a sense of reality. I am grateful to all the stars who gave their time and efforts for Om Shanti Om . Today's actors are good friends but I must thank all the yesteryear stars like Dharamji, Shabanaji, Jeetusaab and Mithunda. They all came down at just one call to be a part of the 70's era in the film. And I am really touched by other seniors like Amitji and Rakesh Roshanji who also are part of the movie. The film was about real people and reality, thus I felt it was necessary to get these original stars and not duplicates.

What is the best compliment that you got for the six pack abs that you sport in the song Dard-E-Dsico?
My son tells me that I am no longer fat and that I look better than before. But he thinks that I can still improve on my fitness. So I will keep at it.

Shah Rukh, you had called Salman the Dadasaheb Phalke of Bodybuilding. Now that you yourself have managed six pack abs, what would you say?
I am just a debutant. In fact I should get the 'Best debut for bodybuilding' award. Salman, I think, was responsible for the wave of physical fitness that came into India which was followed by Hrithik in modern times. Both keep encouraging me. In fact I showed the first photos of my body to them and they said it looked OK. I am happy that they thought that I looked nice.

Lastly, do you consider Saawariya as a possible threat to Om Shanti Om?
Firstly, whenever one makes a film they make it hoping that it is liked by one and all. To be honest, Sanjay is a close friend of mine. He has given me one of my most memorable films with Devdas which I think is a highlight of my career. I have a lot of respect for him as a friend and as a filmmaker.

Saawariya is being presented by Columbia Tristar. The film has big names like Salman Khan and Rani Mukherjee and also has two newcomers Ranbir and Sonam who love and respect me very much. In fact given a choice I would not want to compete with such a huge film and at the same time I love my film so much that I fear for it.

Business wise it would have been wiser if both films had released separately but since it is clashing, all we can do is wish all the best to them and wish that our film does well too. Ours is a comparatively small film but having said that I will try my best to make Om Shanti Om the nicest film of the year. There is no competition but yes, Om Shanti Om is my child.

Edited by divyalrl - 16 years ago
-Divyaa- thumbnail
Shah Rukh Khan: Mad about cricket

Shah Rukh Khan may be the King of Bollywood, but on Monday, he was just another crazy cricket fan when he took his son to the finale of the Twenty20 World Championship at the Wanderers. SRK was seen screaming and cheering the Indian cricket team as they beat Pakistan to become the Twenty20 World Champions.

Sporting a velvet shirt to promote his forthcoming movie Om Shanti Om, Shah Rukh occasionally lifted his 10-year-old son Aryan and was clearly enjoying the game thoroughly. After the prize distribution ceremony, Indian players shared their 'Chak De' moment with Shah Rukh Khan, who had flown in just to watch the match.

Previous | Next

Shah Rukh's love for the game has been well documented. In 2006, he took along fellow actor Priyanka Chopra to watch India play England at the ICC Champions Trophy. The twosome enjoyed themselves thoroughly and Priyanka, who was not an avid cricket fan earlier, said: "Shah Rukh hooked me on to cricket. I was just bowled over by his passion for the game, and now I just can't seem to get enough of the Men in Blue."

Previous | Next

Last month, King Khan decided to pop into the Oval not to queue up for a Sachin autograph like Daniel Radcliffe but just to watch him bat. When asked about his favourite cricketer, Shah Rukh said, "I have a lot of favourites. And some of them are good friends too. But I think it is we who make or break a team. It is fans who can make a team win by cheering them."

Previous | More

Shah Rukh also boarded Pepsi's Blue Billion Express to cheer the Indian cricket team for the World Cup. Although the Indian cricket team couldn't make it to the World Cup finals this year, SRK made sure he was there to keep the spirits up. Comparing a cricket match to a Bollywood film he said the tension was the same in both. Before the match is played or before the movie is set for release - there is this big question mark about the end result. Shah Rukh added that at the end of the day, winning or losing did not matter as long as you could give it your best shot, be it a film or a cricket match.

SRK may have played the role of a hockey coach in Chak De India, but he refuses to reveal where his passion lies. When asked by a Television channel if he preferred hockey or cricket, Shah Rukh quipped: "My favourite game is acting."

-Divyaa- thumbnail

Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan not keen to work together?
25th Sept 2007 14.46 IST
By Agencies

Bollywood superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan have yet to find combined dates to shoot for their portion together in Ravi Chopra 's Bhootnath .

Bachchan and SRK don't seem to have any combined dates to give their director. This has upset director Chopra and also the film's schedule

Both actors have shot their individual scenes in the film, but have yet to find combined dates to shoot for their portion together.

A source claims "When SRK gives his dates, Amitabh Bachchan is not available and vice-versa. It is very obvious that both are not very keen to work together and are just trying their best to avoid coming face to face with each other."

The sets put up for the film are extremely expensive and it has been lying unused for quite some time now, this is no doubt causing the film producers a financial crunch.

Recently the Big B had given some dates, but unfortunately they coincided with the music launch of the King Khan's home production
Om Shanti Om and hence the shooting had to be cancelled in the end.

A major portion of the film involving Bachchan and SRK's individual scenes has already been shot, but they have still to shoot their joined portions.

Earlier too there was some talk that Bachchan wanted 'Bhootnath' script to be re-worked.

In the second week of October, the film's unit leaves for Goa to shoot a song sequence out there and the joint portions of Bachchan and SRK need to be shot before that.

Chopra simply said "We have got some dates and we will start shooting at the Mehboob Studios sets from October 1-10."

Let's see if he gets what he wants.