Debate Mansion

Ephebophilia - Normal or Deviant? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 25 September 2007 at 7:29pm | IP Logged

To begin let me say RTH after reading couple of posts, for your expressing your POV's Clap

My thoughts inlined in bold below

Originally posted by return_to_hades

The questions to be asked and answered
Is attraction to teenagers natural or is it unnatural and deviant?

If medically supported then its normal, but at the same time there are lot of wrongfull behaviour in humans, supported by science, it is subjected by clean conduct of living for individuals to enforce right viable conduct.No consideration based on science what is wrong is wrong. If scientifically proved natural behaviour is against social norms, device laws to handle them.

Are teenager/adult relationships acceptable from a moral and ethical standpoint?

If teenagers are proactively educated to encounter the wrong impact then my answer is YES...but definately not possible then No.
Where do we draw the moral lines (right/wrong etc) and where do we draw legal lines (age of consent/marriage/rape)?

Depends on matuity level, but generally 21 years old.

When a situation of adult/teen relationship takes place, where do we place the burden? It takes two to tango, but is only the adult responsible or both equally?

both equally, but more on adults. Infact hard to say its based on experiences and statistics.

What is more important age of consent laws or more responsibility and involvement of parents in healthy social/sexual development of teenagers?

Consent laws?? law in some countries agee on consent to be 13 years..that is so blah...parents of western upbringing are concerned if thee teenages is not dating by mid teens is soo birraze and upsetting atleast for me, am against it. Nothing more to add here.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ephebophilia - Normal or Deviant? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 25 September 2007 at 9:35pm | IP Logged

Nishabd and Lolita..!!!!!! It is getting sick out there..Angry

The problem with acting out on ephebophilia is that the adult engages in satisfying his/her fetish for post pubercent teenagers and is likely to move onto next one in a year or two as the "teenager" becomes 17 or 18. This demonstrates rampantly pervert sociopath nature of ephebophile .

Originally posted by return_to_hades

The questions to be asked and answered
Is attraction to teenagers natural or is it unnatural and deviant?

Human beings are sexual creatures and sexual attraction is natural , however we are civilised and evolved enough to control sexual urges.

Are teenager/adult relationships acceptable from a moral and ethical standpoint? 

No. Any sexual relationship between two people of different levels of life experience is unacceptable. 

Where do we draw the moral lines (right/wrong etc) and where do we draw legal lines (age of consent/marriage/rape)?

20.. there is a marked upward trend in age of consent laws, which means consensual sex with mid teens is becoming less acceptable..

When a situation of adult/teen relationship takes place, where do we place the burden? It takes two to tango, but is only the adult responsible or both equally?

An adult is more sagacious then a 17 year old who can be manipulated into wanting s**.

What is more important age of consent laws or more responsibility and involvement of parents in healthy social/sexual development of teenagers?
  With the late coming-of-age in modern times, an 18-year old today and an 18-year old of 50 years ago are significantly different beings in terms of maturity.  Brains continue to mature well after teen years and on into early twenties. Higher consent laws are needed as most teenagers under the age of 17 are biologically adult and mentally and emotionally still kids.

Edited by lighthouse - 25 September 2007 at 9:37pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 25 September 2007 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

The problem with acting out on ephebophilia is that the adult engages in satisfying his/her fetish for post pubercent teenagers and is likely to move onto next one in a year or two as the "teenager" becomes 17 or 18. This demonstrates rampantly pervert sociopath nature of ephebophile .

indeed!  creepy, cwappy.. but true Dead

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 25 September 2007 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Even when someone says that he/she loves Sumedha of srgmp fame and considers Charu of Indian Idol, hot, then by defnition the person has ephebophilic tendency. That means in 90% of the cases it is natural to have such thoughts. So I would say the morality issue comes only when there is an act involved which would directly harm teens.

I think you have highlighted a very great point here. As human beings none of us are perfect and I think it is more than likely for the 'carnal' instinct in people to kick in from time to time. Especially, with the way teenagers are packaged and promoted in television and movies, older people may tend to go view as a teen to be hot or sexy.

However, I think that should be it and that is where the line should be drawn. The rational part of the mind should kick in and consider social and ethical implications. An adult may feel attraction to a teen but at the same time they need to respect the fact that a teenager is just a teen. They still deserve the space to grow up emotionally, be a teen for a while, be with people of their own age. Making lecherous moves or even sizing up a teenager in my opinion is unacceptable.

Originally posted by lighthouse

I somewhat agree. Whenever I see highly age disparate relationships, even if the party is not a teen, I begin to wonder. Is it really a fulfilling relationship or is it an over the hill person fulfilling fantasies and fetishes with a younger catch.

At the same time I have to say beware of 'Lolita'. Some teenagers are not as innocent as we want them to be. I once had an acquaintance at work who was freaking out because he found out that the girl he met at a frat party and slept with was not a college sophomore but a high school freshman. This girl and her friends had brought fake ids, crashed into a college party out of town, lied about their age, so they could get with 'college boys'.

While I fully respect teens who are teens and want to live the simple fun teen life, I do not respect the kind that wants to be grown up mentally and sexually just to be cool.

Originally posted by raj5000

Consent laws?? law in some countries agee on consent to be 13 years..that is so blah...parents of western upbringing are concerned if thee teenages is not dating by mid teens is soo birraze and upsetting atleast for me, am against it. Nothing more to add here.

Personally, I feel consent laws direct the level of respect teens get and also teenagers not rushing into maturity. When I was a teenager in India, I had no interest in dating. LOL! I would say I might have been asexual. Yes I had crushes and wanted crushes to notice me, be nice to me, become friends. However, nothing more. I was a lot more focused on school, and having fun with my friends going to movies and stuff.

Teenagers here in the States are so into dating that they are devastated if they do not have a boyfriend/girlfriend. I am surprised at how many think it is cool to attract older men and women towards them as it portrays them to be more advanced than their peers.

Personally, I am not against the dating culture in its entirety. Crushes and Attractions are a part of teens growing up and spending time with and getting to know people you feel you like is a social growth process. But it should come in due time, when people are comfortable with themselves and who they are. The stress on relationships, physical proximity and the hype is unhealthy.

Oh btw for those who asked my name. Maybe I shall tease you with a puzzle.

Think Sister of Venus but spelt like the sound of Katrina.

Edited by return_to_hades - 25 September 2007 at 11:55pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 26 September 2007 at 12:05am | IP Logged

I think A teenager can take their own decision in all matter...If anyone want to do sex ...they will do......its all personal choice...some people think about society,parents,family n other things....so people just enjoy the situation....Attraction happen anytime...I dont think theres a age limit....Jo bi karana hey....Dil se karoooWinkBig smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top