Debate Mansion

   

Myth or Real :What's wrong ? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Joined: 03 December 2005

Posts: 26839

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 11:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by TallyHo

Karunanidhi needs to go to an old age home!

Noo need he have 3 wife and 3,4 kids to care him lol.....but aisa dialog bola tho Ghar main baitna hoga....Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Myth or Real :What's wrong ? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Joined: 23 August 2006

Posts: 3152

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Thankyou Friends for replying! Let me put my views
  • Yes! People in responsible posts should have complete  control on each word they utterSmile as the impact of those words is more and on more people!
  • Coming back to this concept of Ram and Ramsethu.Ram might be a great king with all the divine qualities.He might be a a very good king,efficient king added to that according to the rules of that point of time,he might be lil bit more ethics conscious.....Ram is a Great King...may not be the Supreme Power which rules the world!
  • If we have a glance at the family history of Ram. The Raghuvamsha..(The dynasty of Ram is called Raghu Vamsha...Raghu means SUN......the Sun dynasty)   had a great king called Raghu.He was a great ruler.He  made somany reforms.He started somany projects(which were long term) and the projects and development measures got completed by the time Ram came into power.
  • So during the time of Ram, the projects were complete,the eco system was perfect ..there were large trees ...the environment was perfect..the rains also were at perfect times..because of proper ecological balance.....
  • The rule of Ram...RamRajya was almost perfect.So this made  people adore Ram more more and that lead to the worship of Ram.Hence Ram may not be the Supreme Power..he was a great king..who is of role model materialSmile
  • Say, we like Mahatma Gandhi....his satyagraha, his methods..seems amazing to us.We adore him, we even don't like his Statues,Photos to be dishonoured.....so after 300 years.....How does it look if People say...M.K.Gandhi is BhaghwanSmile
  • Driving the point home,Karunanidhi is a learnt person, may be with all the elements of a typical Indian Politician.When he says something..why should he be treated in a bad manner ..by other politicans....
  • BJP and its sister organizations......make their bread and butter on RAM issue.If Karunanidhi says RAM is a MYTH...then there is no scope for BJP to survive Big smile


Edited by mythili_Kiran - 22 September 2007 at 11:39pm

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Joined: 23 August 2006

Posts: 3152

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by TallyHo

Karunanidhi needs to go to an old age home!

Noo need he have 3 wife and 3,4 kids to care him lol.....but aisa dialog bola tho Ghar main baitna hoga....Smile


LOLLOLLOL I really wonder why this oldie is still taking the pain of ruling the state...person with some common sense in DMK was Dayanidhi Maran..unfortunately..he is sidelined for the sake of Karunanidhi;s son StalinAngry

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Joined: 03 December 2005

Posts: 26839

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 12:15am | IP Logged

Hinduism depend on Mythology,1500 BC Ramayana, attributed to the poet Valmiki,It contains several notable passages of hinduism, including descriptions of yogic practises and some laws,In hinduism people used to read lot of books like Vedas,Upanishads and purana, Some books information people still using like,Ayurveda, yoga,Kamasutra etc etc Smile

 

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006

Posts: 20756

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

What is your initial reaction to Karunanidhi's statement on Ram?


I am a Hindu, but my faith is something that is personal to me. It is just a part of what defines who I am. At the same time I am someone with a very questioning spirit. Theology, Mythology, History and Archeology are of deep interest to me and it is interesting to see the debates and discussions such things tend to stir.

In Lord of the Rings it is quoted History became legend, legend became myth. History and myth have always intertwined. For many archaeologists and historians Homeric Troy was pure myth till excavations in the last century, where now they are able to separate history and myth.

So archeology now says that the bridge is of natural formation. While I can understand how this hurts religious sentiments of Hindu's, to me personally one fraction of legend refuted does not erase the probability of the big picture truth to the matter.

Most importantly however, my faith is not something that can be shattered by a person's statement or an archaeological find. It is something deeper, spiritual and metaphysical that cannot be effected.

In short my initial and consistent reaction is honestly I do not give.

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Why is this old fellow...saying in this manner..now..did'nt he feel all these when he shared power with BJP..earlier?

Politics and Politicians, power and corruption. You never know what they are up to. They are like snakes in the grass, they maybe your best friend or your worst enemy. Simply deal with them with tact and caution.

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Can't we question divinity?Does our power or position makes us speak politically correct always?Huh! Karunanidhi..is an individual with lot of experience in life..great poet..great writer ....what's wrong if he says his personal beleifs?

In my personal opinion India is a secular as well as intellectual country. There is absolutely nothing wrong in questioning divinity and trying to find out the truth about what we believe and why. I question creationism, homophobia and other related issues.

As Einstein said "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind". Personally, I do not want to be lame or blind. I am all for achieving a reasonable balance.

I also believe in freedom of speech and expression. If someone has an opinion they have the right to express it. I have the right to express my own opinion. We all have a right to challenge and probe each other to defend our opinions and justify them.


On a final note please
pardon me if any of my statement offends any religious sentiments, that is not my intention. This is simply the way I think, and I mean no disrespect to anybody or any religion.

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Joined: 12 January 2006

Posts: 6916

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 1:33am | IP Logged

Every citizen of this country has freedom of speech but it is not absolute. Even more so for people in important public seats, Karunanidhi must understand that his being a Chief Minister of TN means that whatever he utters in public shall be taken as state govt's opinion hence he should have been careful in uttering anything on such sensitive matters.

Karunanidhi (DMK) has always played "dravidian" (read TN) card, they have always tried to create a north-south (so called Aryan-Dravidian) divide, but it seems that this time it has gone terribly wrong. Karunanidhi's sole agenda now seems to be bad-mouth Shri Ram.

People would have had no objection to the Sethu-Samundram project had the govt handled the matter sensibly. But what they did, insulted one of the great icons of Sanatan Dharma.

Ramayana ke liye bhartiyon ke man mein jo maan-sammaan hai woh shabdo mein nahin likh sakte. Not many people would have known that several versions of Ramayana exist in South-East Asia also (in Thailad it is considered as national epic).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramayana

As in many oral epics, multiple versions of the Ramayana survive. In particular, the Ramayana related in North India differs in important respects from that preserved in South India and the rest of South-East Asia. There is an extensive tradition of oral storytelling based on the Ramayana in Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia and Maldives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just read this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramayana#Variant_versions



Edited by SolidSnake - 23 September 2007 at 1:34am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Joined: 23 August 2006

Posts: 3152

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 3:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Hinduism depend on Mythology,1500 BC Ramayana, attributed to the poet Valmiki,It contains several notable passages of hinduism, including descriptions of yogic practises and some laws,In hinduism people used to read lot of books like Vedas,Upanishads and purana, Some books information people still using like,Ayurveda, yoga,Kamasutra etc etc Smile

 


Yes! I agree that the concepts of hindusim were explained by Mythological stories....but the thing of worry is .....the hype in the stories is taken it as real!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Joined: 23 August 2006

Posts: 3152

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 4:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

What is your initial reaction to Karunanidhi's statement on Ram?


I am a Hindu, but my faith is something that is personal to me. It is just a part of what defines who I am. At the same time I am someone with a very questioning spirit. Theology, Mythology, History and Archeology are of deep interest to me and it is interesting to see the debates and discussions such things tend to stir.

In Lord of the Rings it is quoted History became legend, legend became myth. History and myth have always intertwined. For many archaeologists and historians Homeric Troy was pure myth till excavations in the last century, where now they are able to separate history and myth.

So archeology now says that the bridge is of natural formation. While I can understand how this hurts religious sentiments of Hindu's, to me personally one fraction of legend refuted does not erase the probability of the big picture truth to the matter.

Most importantly however, my faith is not something that can be shattered by a person's statement or an archaeological find. It is something deeper, spiritual and metaphysical that cannot be effected.

In short my initial and consistent reaction is honestly I do not give.

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Why is this old fellow...saying in this manner..now..did'nt he feel all these when he shared power with BJP..earlier?

Politics and Politicians, power and corruption. You never know what they are up to. They are like snakes in the grass, they maybe your best friend or your worst enemy. Simply deal with them with tact and caution.

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Can't we question divinity?Does our power or position makes us speak politically correct always?Huh! Karunanidhi..is an individual with lot of experience in life..great poet..great writer ....what's wrong if he says his personal beleifs?

In my personal opinion India is a secular as well as intellectual country. There is absolutely nothing wrong in questioning divinity and trying to find out the truth about what we believe and why. I question creationism, homophobia and other related issues.

As Einstein said "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind". Personally, I do not want to be lame or blind. I am all for achieving a reasonable balance.

I also believe in freedom of speech and expression. If someone has an opinion they have the right to express it. I have the right to express my own opinion. We all have a right to challenge and probe each other to defend our opinions and justify them.


On a final note please
pardon me if any of my statement offends any religious sentiments, that is not my intention. This is simply the way I think, and I mean no disrespect to anybody or any religion.

Wonderful Post RTH ji !ClapClapClap
Yes the relation between History and Mythology is really interesting aspect.Even if the Mythological characters..exist..(say we think..that they existed) were'nt they hyped.When we observes the characters in IIliad and Ramayana..Illiad and Mahabharata....there are somany similarites.....these all are epics...But how far is it reasonable to move forward in the present day...relying only on epics..epics help us in Personality development ,inculcating moral values..but should they be taken as basis for the real world development activites!Smile

And an epic is:
In literature, an epic is a narrative poem on the grand scale and in majestic style concerning the exploits and adventures of a superhuman hero (or heroes) engaged in a quest or some serious endeavour. The hero is distinguished above all men by his strength and courage, and is restrained only by a sense of honour. The subject-matter of epic includes myth, legend, history, and folk tale. It is usually set in a heroic age of the past and embodies its country's early history and expresses its values. Battles and perilous journeys play a large part, as do gods, the supernatural, and magic; scenes are often set in the Underworld or in heaven. Certain formal features are conspicuous: the narrator vouches for the truth of his story; there are invocations, elaborate greetings, long speeches, detailed similes, digressions, and the frequent repetition of 'typical' elements, for example the stock adjective or formula, the stock scene such as the hero arming for battle. Epic expresses a delight in the physical world, shown by painstaking descriptions of such things as arms, clothing, or ships.(http://www.answers.com/topic/epic)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Science vs Myth lol idk how else to put it =p ThE_kHan07 2 1175 30 January 2009 at 4:58am
By U-No-Poo
Fasting- Myth or true

2 3 4

Swar_Raj 25 2137 03 November 2007 at 5:00am
By vickylove
Is it myth or truth??!!!

2

Vinzy 11 700 21 August 2007 at 11:16pm
By Vinzy
Dumb blondes- Media myth or reality??

2 3 4 5

TallyHo 34 2196 17 December 2006 at 10:48pm
By mermaid_QT
Iranian Pres-Holocaust a myth-comment Aparna_BD 5 441 01 February 2006 at 8:28pm
By usachick821

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.