-sneha

Edited by craziegal - 16 years ago
Posted: 16 years ago
are you aware of cojoined twins?
checkout the article in TB about amber dhara
link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=945

-sneha
The designers of Amber Dharahad a tough time designing costumes for the conjoined twins, Amber and Dhara. They had to experiment a lot with hooks and velcro joints

ASHWINI DESHMUKH

Amber Dhara, the new Sony TV launch is the story of conjoined twins and how they battle out in the big bad world. Right from the concept, to casting to designing costume for the twins, everything about the show was challenging. Dressing the twins was trickiest of all. The designer-duo Runali Bhagat and Karishma Lalani did extensive research and experimentation to ensure that the costume for the twins was not only good but also comfortable and easy to wear.
   Runali Bhagat shares her experience of dolling up Amber and Dhara. She says, "We had to design costumes that were no where close to being normal. It was not just the complexities and the difficulties that we faced while designing but we also had to keep the comfort of the girls in mind."
   Runali continues, "We had to avoid using stiff fabrics and we stuck to lycra and other stretchable materials for easy movements. After much experimentation we got the tact and skill right. We also had to keep in mind the personalities of the conjoined girls and design two different costumes. While Amber is very modern and outgoing with a western outlook, Dhara is traditional and subdued. Both their costumes were poles apart and keeping the varied colours, textures and fabrics in mind, was quite a task. We also couldn't afford to let them look shabby on the screen."
   She shudders as she recalls that initially everything would come apart but they continued to experiment. Runali says, "For keeping their costumes together, we experimented with velcro, touch buttons, hooks etc. We've used special zips that can attach and detach any two different costumes," explains Runali.
   What kind of home work did the designers have to do while designing for the twins? "We watched the film Stuck on You to see how the garments were attached together. Our tailors had no concept of conjoined twins, so it was task to explain it to the masterji (tailor).They would often ridicule us saying 'are you all mad, aise bhi kapde koi pehenta hai?' I must say that the girls were completely flabbergasted with their new costumes," says Runali.
   Since Runali and Karishma had other commitments they had to hand over the task to designer Amrish. Says Amrish who is handling the next schedule of the serial, "I've been on the job for two months and it is important to make the twins look as real as possible keeping their individual characteristics intact. The look, however, changes with the storyline. This is definitely the most challenging job I've ever taken up."
   Amrish adds, "I'm amazed at their support and co-operation in experimenting and trying out new things."
Edited by delo - 16 years ago
Amber Dhara to replace Ek Ladki...

Amber Dhara is all set to replace Ek Ladki Anjani Si from September 24 on Sony. Produced by Swastik Pictures, it's the story of two girls Amber and Dhara conjoined at the hip. Born twins, the duo are strikingly different from each other. One is soft-spoken and realistic and the other is ambitious and aspires to becoming a singer. While the actors playing the protagonists are yet to be revealed, Harshad Chopda, one of the cadets from Left Right Left plays Amber's love interest. Mona Ambegaonkar plays their mother, Paintal is the grandfather and Shweta Gulati is the vamp.
Edited by delo - 16 years ago
Sony to kick off 'Amber Dhara' on 24 September
Indiantelevision.com Team

MUMBAI: In a bid to beef up its weekday prime time, Sony Entertainment Television is launching Amber Dhara in the 9 pm slot.

Based on conjoined twins, the show will kick off on 24 September and will air from Monday to Thursday. It will replace Ek Ladki Anjaani Si which is currently on air from Monday to Wednesday and Roobaru on Thursday.

"We have been consistently delivering strong weekends and attempting to develop a fresh habit forming fiction content on weekdays. Our programs like Durgesh Nandini and Virrudh are examples of it and Amber Dhara will further strengthen our viewership," said Set EVP and business head Albert Almeida.

Going beyond the conventional saas-bahu drama, Sony's new show is looking at capturing audiences by addressing a very different issue. Almeida said, "Amber Dhara is yet another clutter-breaking effort that reinforces our belief of delivering differentiated, progressive and unique storylines. The emotional engagement in the show and the beautiful bonding of the characters Amber and Dhara promise to keep the viewers glued with its engrossing storyline and powerful characters."

The show is about the conjoined twins whose boundless zest for life and a never say die spirit makes them adorable. Brought up in this small hill-station, Amber and Dhara grow up as two very distinct personalities. Amber is gutsy and takes on situations hands on while Dhara is more realistic and takes her time with decisions.

The show has been produced by Swastik Pictures which is launched by Siddhartha Tewary and Vikas Seth.

Speaking on the concept Tewary and Seth said, "The idea of conjoined twins was conceived and developed in to a storyline as we were looking at presenting a show that would break the current generic saas-bahu trend; a story that would inspire people, because of the lovable and relatable characters, who with their indomitable spirit will warm hearts and homes."

In an attempt to get maximum people to sample the show, the channel has kicked off the first phase of campaign with on-air promos running across the network as well as on news channels like IBN7, Aaj Tak and kids channels like Hungama TVand a few regional channels.

"By running promos across various channels we will get to tap a variety of viewers and with kids channels we will also target the house wives who are the passive viewers," said Set SVP marketing and communication Aseem Kapoor.

Elaborating on the marketing campaign Almeida said, "Entire campaign is built to create an intrigue around the show. We are using regular daily objects like joint chairs, showers and cycles in the teasers to do that."

The channel is running 2000 promos across the network and 2500 promos across other channels. They have roped in Big 92.7 FM as the radio marketing partner for the show.

The show will also be supported by plugins in the marquee properties of the channel like CID, Indian Idol3, Jhalak Dikhla Ja and Boogie Woogie.

The on-air campaign will be backed by on ground activities across eight cities including Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Varanasi, Lucknow.

The repeat telecast of the show is scheduled for 12:30 pm from Monday to Thursday and an omnibus on Friday 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm.

amber dhara is not lali lila - checkout the article in midday..

link:http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/september/163887.ht m
'Dressing the twins was trickiest'
21 Sep 2007, 0000 hrs IST,ASHWINI DESHMUKH ,TNN

doweshowbellyad=0;
A still from Amber Dhara (TOI Photo)
By hooks or by crook.

The new Sony TV launch, Amber Dhara , is the story of twins and how they battle out in the big bad world. Everything about the show was challenging, but dressing the twins was trickiest of all.

The designers Runali Bhagat and Karishma Lalani did extensive research to ensure that the costume for the twins was not only good but also comfortable and easy to wear.

Runali Bhagat shares her experience of dolling up Amber and Dhara. She says, "We had to design costumes that were nowhere close to being normal. It was not just the complexities and the difficulties that we faced while designing, but we also had to keep the comfort of the girls in mind."

Runali continues, "We had to avoid using stiff fabrics. We stuck to lycra and other stretchable materials for easy movements. After much experimentation we got the tact and skill right. We also had to keep in mind the personalities of the conjoined girls and design two different costumes. While Amber is very modern and outgoing with a western outlook, Dhara is traditional and subdued. We also couldn't afford to let them look shabby on the screen."

She shudders as she recalls that initially everything would come apart but they continued to experiment. Runali says, "For keeping their costumes together, we experimented with velcro, touch buttons, hooks etc. We've used special zips that can attach and detach any two different costumes," explains Runali.
What kind of home work did the designers have to do while designing for the twins?

"We watched the film Stuck on You to see how the garments were attached together. Our tailors had no concept of conjoined twins, so it was a difficult task to explain it to the masterji (tailor). The tailors would often ridicule us saying 'are you all mad, aise bhi kapde koi pehenta hai?' I must tell you that the girls were completely flabbergasted with their new costumes," says Runali.

Since Runali and Karishma had other commitments too, they had to hand over the task to designer Amrish.

Amrish, who is handling the next schedule of the serial, says," I've been on the job for two months and it is important to make the twins look as real as possible keeping their individual characteristics intact. The look, however, changes with the storyline. This is definitely the most challenging job I've ever taken up."
Amrish adds, "I'm amazed at their support and co-operation in experimenting and trying out new things."
< =text/> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = '< src=\"http://adstil.indiatimes.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/www.timesofindia.com/Stories/index./1'+RNS+'@Right3?\" WIDTH=250 HEIGHT=250 marginwidth=0 align="right" marginheight=0 =0 =0 border=0 scrolling=no bordercolor=\"#000000\"> </>'; if (doweshowbellyad==1) be llyad.innerHTML = b2;
Hi friends,

She waited for nearly a year to make her comeback in a daily soap. And AmberDhara, according to Shweta Gulati, is exactly the kind of show she was waiting for. She plays the antagonist Sonya in the serial which revolves around the story of conjoined twins and is set in a small hill station. It is also her first negative role in her television career of nine years.

"Sonya is a gorgeous girl and the only daughter of one of the richest and most influential men of the hill station. She has been brought up like a princess but she is a brat with loads of attitude. She wants power and fame and will resort to any means to achieve it," elaborates Shweta who finds it bit difficult to play an outright negative character. "It is my first negative role and I am finding it difficult to bring out the grey shades. The director keeps reminding me that Sonya is not a good girl. He keeps telling me to behave like a bad girl and bring out the venom. It's taken me a while to get into the groove of the character."

Sonya, who is used to attention, does not like it when the Siamese sisters start stealing the limelight from her. "She can't take defeat sportingly and believes that she is the best. But when Amber and Dhara are around, things are different and she cannot take it," Shweta elaborates further. Things go from bad to worse when her love interest Akshat also falls in love with one of the conjoined twins. The story moves from the hill station to Mumbai when Amber and Dahara come to the city to pursue Amber's dream of making it big in the world of music and Sonya follows them.

"Sonya also has interest in music and she wants to become a music star. So the conflict with Amber and Dhara will continue," says Shweta who did not work for more than five days in a month for the past one year. "I slept a lot, took care of my dog and watched a lot of television to keep myself abreast of what's happening in various soaps. None of the soaps interest me but I was really hooked on to reality TV."

If she is playing a negative character for the first time she is also doing her first comedy show with Jigar Ma Badi Aag Hai. "It's about three con men and I am playing the girl-next-door who is the love interest of one of the boys. I don't know how good I am at comedy but I guess I can manage it," she adds.

The actress lives on her own in a rented apartment in a western suburb of Mumbai while her parents stay in the central side of the metropolis. "I decided to move into my place in order to save time while commuting. But it's also a sign of financial independence," she admits. Shweta loves holidaying once in every four months and her favourite destination is Goa. "I just love the place," she adds.

Link:

http://www.deccan.com/Sunday%20Chronicle/Sunday%20ChronicleD escription.asp#Shweta%20brings%20out%20her%20evil%20side

Edited by farislove - 16 years ago
What's in a name after all?

The launch of Sony's AmberDhara at JW Marriott on a rainy Monday night was one starry affair, with a number of telly stars turning up to be a part of the celebrations. Looking pretty in a short black dress was Shweta Gulati, who doesn't usually step out for social dos.
Mona Ambegaonkar
though, looked a tad subdued in a green and blue salwar kameez. Pankaj Berry was in an upbeat mood as he chatted with everyone. Nasir Qazi, in a brown velvet coat
   too was seen catching up with friends and colleagues. But the stars of the night were the two pretty girls, who everyone was calling Amber and Dhara. Nobody knew their real names but that didn't make any difference as they mingled around with the guests, charming everyone with their smiles. Guess Shakespeare was right when he said 'What's in a name!'

News from Times of India