Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 24 September 2007 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by #1EijazFan

Originally posted by Believe

I dont like people who talk 'Main wo kiya ...ye kiyaa...aisa kiyaa'.....If you are doing charity Dil se karooo......I hate those who doing charity for publicity...,Kud ki ma baap ko nahe dheekte.....wo log charity karthey hey aaj kal.....its true We should learn charity from Home...
Smile

i second that...

recently on II forum there was a post about a guy who went to vaishnudevi mandir to gain blessings and then decides to tell all of India about it through the media. Is that shraddha? if that is shraddha then what is happening to thus world.Ouch

give a man a fish and he will eat it for a day, teach him how to fish and he will eat for the rest of his lifeSmile

sorry, i kinda found it relevantEmbarrassedConfused

Very good thought my dear friend. Even the NGO's look in that direction to get something productive out of the help they are offering. The problem is by only teaching "how to fish" does not help all the time. You need to have the resource too, to provide him a net/fishing rod. Nobody is being served for free and do nothing. They help the people who are in desparate need of help, esp. the children, the handicapped, people affected by some natural calamity or adversity(like the farmers comitting suicide)the ill ones, aged people. Of course you don't expect the last two(ill ones and aged people) to work, they need the care. But all the first three I have mentioned can always give back something to the society, at least we can expect. Giving education and nutrition to the children will help them to grow and improve their lives and so also the society.  Even the handicapped people do crafts for self-sufficiency, they don't wish to be burden to the society. Affected people can always come back on track with help. NGO's aim is not just to help  but also to make these people self-sufficient. Please don't have the idea that somebody out there is eating and living a life for free out of your money. These people genuinely need help to stand on their feet.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Charity - burning debate :) (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 24 September 2007 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pradarshak

Very good thought my dear friend. Even the NGO's look in that direction to get something productive out of the help they are offering. The problem is by only teaching "how to fish" does not help all the time. You need to have the resource too, to provide him a net/fishing rod. Nobody is being served for free and do nothing. They help the people who are in desparate need of help, esp. the children, the handicapped, people affected by some natural calamity or adversity(like the farmers comitting suicide)the ill ones, aged people. Of course you don't expect the last two(ill ones and aged people) to work, they need the care. But all the first three I have mentioned can always give back something to the society, at least we can expect. Giving education and nutrition to the children will help them to grow and improve their lives and so also the society.  Even the handicapped people do crafts for self-sufficiency, they don't wish to be burden to the society. Affected people can always come back on track with help. NGO's aim is not just to help  but also to make these people self-sufficient. Please don't have the idea that somebody out there is eating and living a life for free out of your money. These people genuinely need help to stand on their feet.

I absolutely second that!  I wish you well in your efforts to give back to the society.  It is apparent from this post and your signature that you talk the talk and walk the walk ClapClap.

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 24 September 2007 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by Pradarshak

I absolutely second that!  I wish you well in your efforts to give back to the society.  It is apparent from this post and your signature that you talk the talk and walk the walk ClapClap.

Thanks QT. It's just a babystep, nothing so great.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top