Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 3:44am | IP Logged
I dont like people who talk 'Main wo kiya ...ye kiyaa...aisa kiyaa'.....If you are doing charity Dil se karooo......I hate those who doing charity for publicity...,Kud ki ma baap ko nahe dheekte.....wo log charity karthey hey aaj kal.....its true We should learn charity from Home...
Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Charity - burning debate :) (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 5:09am | IP Logged
A compassionate word /deed(not money) at proper time may help a person/family.Its also charity, now a days for better life people need compassion.

sohn

sohn

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

I dont like people who talk 'Main wo kiya ...ye kiyaa...aisa kiyaa'.....If you are doing charity Dil se karooo......I hate those who doing charity for publicity...,Kud ki ma baap ko nahe dheekte.....wo log charity karthey hey aaj kal.....its true We should learn charity from Home...
Smile

You got a point there Believe. Well, harping about what you do for charity isnt a good thing to do, especially after doing a good thing!!

But well, IMO I guess its still better than doing nothing right?!!! I mean its better than those who just sit in their seats and keep pointing fingers at those who dont do charity at all or those who do and talk about it or even those who jus advocate it!

Agree that charity begins home. Totally agree.

Edited by sohn - 22 September 2007 at 8:34am

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Nice topic.

I agree with Mermaid and Sohn. If you guys know there is another term for people who can engage in social work without donating money, that's "volunteering". I do volunteer(my siggy has all the information) with an oraganization, I donate there when I am convenient. The main work is to help as a volunteer with their work. If somebody is really interested to do something good in terms of time and effort, he can find a way without donating too. "If there is a will, there is a way."

For people like us who can have hrs. of access to forum I don't think they have any "kadki" for the basic needs. Now us saying "charity begins at home" is a very lame excuse to stay way. There is no limit to ones' needs, the more you have the more you want. I don't see any harmin cutting bit short ones needs. For example, without spending money in theatre on an average/okay/b grade movie, you can always watch it in DVD or Cassstette. I know people in US who indulge into so much outing/pleasure having huge credit debt.

There are schemes where you donate only once a year it can be as low as amount equal to one hour of your work. Even you can sponsor a boy or a girl(having contact with him/her, can keep a check on your donation) for below 20$, in India it might be Rs. 500. A person who earns(more than one earning member as well)thoudands of dollars in a family can't let go 20 dollar for some good reason? Same in India, a famiy which earns 25,000/-and above (thanks to Indian economy) can't donate Rs. 500?

I thank God for making me a healthy person(all organs functioning), providing me a shelter and I don't have to think for tomorrow's food when I go to sleep. I feel lucky to be where I am when I see half the world people live in poverty. When you are having the comforts of life, just think for a minute for the people who can't even dream to have those in their life.

FYI, though not related to the topic.  Less than one per cent of what the world spent every year on weapons was needed to put every child into school by the year 2000 and yet it didn't happen. 1 billion children live in poverty, i.e. 1 in every 2 children.

Edited by Pradarshak - 22 September 2007 at 9:46am

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Debate : Should charity be done even if one's end are not met? yes out of every rupee give a paisa in charity... dont you pay tax !!??

With end's met, I mean food/shelter is no problem.

Not agreed folks jump start - Charity begins at home, first secure oneself then think about charity.Veri vague... shouldnt do it that way.. do as mentioned above....life becomes meaningful when you have that feeling that you are giving and not taking all the time...

Agreed Folks - We are living in a society, where there is interdependence to live a happy life. If society doesn't grow, how can one grow. Do charity whenever basic needs ae met.

go for it guys, am playing DA District Attorney!!!???? why? on Not agreed folksSmile

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

When there is no money doesn't that mean people are working to long hours or busy earning? then where is the time to do charity?

just an excuse usually. 
i've known neurosurgeons & cardiologists who came and painted houses for battered women.  well, they had more money than they had time to spare LOL.  
myself wasn't sitting around either.  skipped meals many a times during long and committed lab protocols but found little bit of time anyway for giving back to the soceity..
doesn't have to be everyday right?
again, time is just an excuse, lack of DESIRE is above all.. - jmo

true@ excuse in some cases.

The second part in my post was relavent to this "Organization involved for charitiable cause have already planned or are at off site location where man power help is irrevalent, financial help is that matters. Spending time / helping neighbours friends called charity? OK can be termed as charity but are there oppurtunities like these open or available, no I guess."

If professionals instead of doing charitable deeds on thier own, work extra hours, can route earned income to non profit oraginsations or say pro reliable organisations, to be more used in more efficient way. Yes, personal choice... just my thought. Guess diverting fom topic, agreed, jaahaa chaaah waha rah.

knr pillai

Groupbie

knr pillai

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 9:33pm | IP Logged

recently on II forum there was a post about a guy who went to vaishnudevi mandir to gain blessings and then decides to tell all of India about it through the media. Is that shraddha? if that is shraddha then what is happening to thus world.Ouch

give a man a fish and he will eat it for a day, teach him how to fish and he will eat for the rest of his lifeSmile

sorry, i kinda found it relevantEmbarrassedConfused

@ bold font absolutely correct..  I agree with the other portin also.

Edited by knr pillai - 22 September 2007 at 9:38pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 9:44pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

When there is no money doesn't that mean people are working to long hours or busy earning? then where is the time to do charity?

just an excuse usually. 
i've known neurosurgeons & cardiologists who came and painted houses for battered women.  well, they had more money than they had time to spare LOL.  
myself wasn't sitting around either.  skipped meals many a times during long and committed lab protocols but found little bit of time anyway for giving back to the soceity..
doesn't have to be everyday right?
again, time is just an excuse, lack of DESIRE is above all.. - jmo

true@ excuse in some cases.

The second part in my post was relavent to this "Organization involved for charitiable cause have already planned or are at off site location where man power help is irrevalent, financial help is that matters. Spending time / helping neighbours friends called charity? OK can be termed as charity but are there oppurtunities like these open or available, no I guess."

There are several smaller organizations, which are not exactly helping neighbours baby-sit their kids Wink.. There are food drives, clothe drives, work for homeless, gathering money to raise awareness regarding certain uncommon disorders that do not get funding, battered children, pets and women, old-age homes and several.  YES, these opportunities are available in PLENTY.  One needs to look for them.  For obvious reasons, they don't spend lot of money on advertising themselves Embarrassed.

If professionals instead of doing charitable deeds on thier own, work extra hours, can route earned income to non profit oraginsations or say pro reliable organisations, to be more used in more efficient way. Yes, personal choice... just my thought. Guess diverting fom topic, agreed, jaahaa chaaah waha rah.

sure why not?  something / anything is welcome.  even a dollar donated to a reliable charity can do wonders..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top