Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 20 September 2007 at 8:05pm | IP Logged

Debate : Should charity be done even if one's end are not met?

With end's met, I mean food/shelter is no problem.

Not agreed folks jump start - Charity begins at home, first secure oneself then think about charity.

Agreed Folks - We are living in a society, where there is interdependence to live a happy life. If society doesn't grow, how can one grow. Do charity whenever basic needs ae met.

go for it guys, am playing DA on Not agreed folksSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Charity - burning debate :)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 20 September 2007 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
do charity if not by money, then by time and service.
I honestly think that"charity begins at home" is a favorite saying for those who can't do a bit extra for anyone else. I don't mean to attack anyone by the above-mentioned. It is just my opinion.

There is always time and resources one can arrange for, even when taking care of one's own family. it is the "willingness" to walk that extra mile that's lacking.

sohn

sohn

Posted: 21 September 2007 at 4:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

I honestly think that"charity begins at home" is a favorite saying for those who can't do a bit extra for anyone else. I don't mean to attack anyone by the above-mentioned. It is just my opinion.

There is always time and resources one can arrange for, even when taking care of one's own family. it is the "willingness" to walk that extra mile that's lacking.

I agree with Di. Those who cant shell out some money towards charity should find some time off their schedule and offer service. Infact sometimes we do need that more than money. This way you are at peace with yourself that you did something for someone and it didn't go waste. Aaj kal we cant be sure if the money we give out to charity organisations reaches people in need or cause or does it go somewhere else, there is too much going on on that front as well.

A group of us (friends) go to 2 different charity orgs every other sunday to help them out, cus paise toh hote nahi, kadke students jo thehre Confused Tongue And I can assure you, it doesn't take too much time out of your life and this kinda offering is much more satisfying n fulfilling than giving money Smile Ofcourse money is needed as well, but those who cant, this works out better IMO.

And well....those who cant give money or time ....ye bhi nahin, woh bhi nahin.....ab kya boloon main?! Confused All I know is whoever want do it, find a way....right?

Edited by sohn - 21 September 2007 at 9:49am

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 21 September 2007 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sohn

All I know is whoever want do it, find a way....right?

i second that Smile
& lol @ the poor students' example. i was gonna give one myself LOL..  

Edited by mermaid_QT - 21 September 2007 at 9:34am

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 21 September 2007 at 7:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sohn

I agree with Di. Those who cant shell out some money towards charity should find some time off their schedule and offer service. Infact sometimes we do need that more than money. This way you are at peace with yourself that you did something for someone and it didn't go waste. Aaj kal we cant be sure if the money we give out to charity organisations reaches people in need or cause or does it go somewhere else, there is too much going on on that front as well.

A group of us (friends) go to 2 different charity orgs every other sunday to help them out, cus paise toh hote nahi, kadke students jo thehre Confused Tongue And I can assure you, it doesn't take too much time out of your life and this kinda offering is much more satisfying n fulfilling than giving money Smile Ofcourse money is needed as well, but those who cant, this works out better IMO.

And well....those who cant give money or time ....ye bhi nahin, woh bhi nahin.....ab kya boloon main?! Confused All I know is whoever want do it, find a way....right?

QT/Sonia -

When there is no money doesn't that mean people are working to long hours or busy earning? then where is the time to do charity?

Organization involved for charitiable cause have already planned or are at off site location where man power help is irrevalent, financial help is that matters. Spending time / helping neighbours friends called charity? OK can be termed as charity but are there oppurtunities like these open or available, no I guess.

Isn't it right to generalize charity is monetary contribution for helping the needfull, directly/via organisation. Said that will stick to DA role and say untill unless ample of money - do no charity. Like celebsTongue

Thanks for responses!

Edited by raj5000 - 21 September 2007 at 7:04pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 21 September 2007 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

When there is no money doesn't that mean people are working to long hours or busy earning? then where is the time to do charity?

just an excuse usually. 
i've known neurosurgeons & cardiologists who came and painted houses for battered women.  well, they had more money than they had time to spare LOL.  
myself wasn't sitting around either.  skipped meals many a times during long and committed lab protocols but found little bit of time anyway for giving back to the soceity..
doesn't have to be everyday right?
again, time is just an excuse, lack of DESIRE is above all.. - jmo

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 21 September 2007 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
starving your own kids to feed other poor kids is not charity as simple as that.

sohn

sohn

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 2:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raj5000

just an excuse usually. 
i've known neurosurgeons & cardiologists who came and painted houses for battered women.  well, they had more money than they had time to spare LOL.  
myself wasn't sitting around either.  skipped meals many a times during long and committed lab protocols but found little bit of time anyway for giving back to the soceity..
doesn't have to be everyday right?
again, time is just an excuse, lack of DESIRE is above all.. - jmo

perfect Smile Second that Di.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top