Debate Mansion

Where u hail from makes a difference? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 24 September 2007 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raunaq

Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by Morning_Dew

but it more sound like " Aaap ki badmashion ke ye naye andaaz hain .. aap ki aankhon main kuch mahke hoye say khwab hain"WinkLOLLOL

One of my all time fav. songs.

I even address youngsters as 'Aap' if they are strangers. I only use 'tum' when I feel closer to them like good friends and relatives. I use 'Tu' for tapori languageLOL act like on this forum with Raunaqwa and Munnabhai (Bunbutt).

LOL LOL LOL in reality i never use tu, one or two of my classmates in school used tu and it sounded so weird, we always use tum and aap for strangers but never tu, sometimes when people call tu in the first meeting, i find it very weird Ouch Ouch Ouch but in tapori sub chalta hai Wink for me aap is a very respected word and i only use it for certain people and i mean it when i use it for some people or strangers. tum is very informal and can be used for almost everyone. 

I agee with you .even in school days, to my close friends I never use 'tu'= 'Nee' in malayalam.".   I use that only to my younger brothers, and our kids. To strangers only Aap= Thangal (in malayalam )and  very rarely 'tum= Ningal'.  But when I get angry  also I use Thangal= Aap to the other person.Angry.

To me interact with a person in good mood is tum, in which equal repect between both parties.

From where a person hailing from  is very much important, if constant interaction is necessary between the two persons. Otherwise, if it is a casual meeting ,no need of it, becuase today even between collegues no deep rooted friendship.

Edited by nitasuni - 24 September 2007 at 6:41am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Where u hail from makes a difference? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 24 September 2007 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Can you make assumptions / mind set on person's individuality/personality based on which region/part/county/country he/she hails from?

Example - No offense please, like Delhites use "APP" addressing people, not necessarily they respect you but its out of habit, on the contrary a Bombaite will say "Tu" not necessarily he/she disrespects you. More examples follow based on responsesSmile 

Regional influences plus family/khandani mannerisms plus education (academic or otherwise) contribute a lot to how one interacts with others.  One can see world of difference in how Rakhi Sawant and Kashmira carried themselves on BB vs Shilpa Shetty on BB. there was a lot of Tu's with RS and KS on Big Boss.

Edited by lighthouse - 24 September 2007 at 1:52pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top