Debate Mansion

Where u hail from makes a difference? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

I like the Tu they use in Mumbai...lots of apnapan! Tongue in Delhi they will call you Aap and will eventually turn out to be your baap! LOL

true Embarrassed
not just calling someone aap, but also meaning it is very important and that also depends on where you hail from LOLLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Where u hail from makes a difference? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 7:43am | IP Logged
English is the best language......in this case.....
YOU with respect
YOU with disrespect..
YOU with Love
YOU with hatred.....same word ..for several situations...
In Andhra Pradesh...people from Andhra side others as Meeru (AAP) and people from telangana call Nuvvu(Tu)....so some of the Andhra People feel that telangana people are not that respectful...however that's a Myth!Respect is not in the way we address the people..but the attitude we show...However I donot like addressing people tum unnecessarily and I donot like strangers addressing me tu....as if they  know me from centuries...but however....this is not an issue

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 23 September 2007 at 7:44am

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Generally whenever we meet an individuals, basic questions afte name intoduction is where are you from?

Well does it really matter? Can you make assumptions / mind set on person's individuality/personality based on which region/part/county/country he/she hails from?

Example - No offense please, like Delhites use "APP" addressing people, not necessarily they respect you but its out of habit, on the contrary a Bombaite will say "Tu" not necessarily he/she disrespects you. More examples follow based on responsesSmile 

Another burning(LOL) question - Why people are biased based on region/country etc.?

I think this is due to a belief that people from your own region are likely to be more intelligent, friendly, helpful than those from the other....

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 8:52am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

YOU with respect
YOU with disrespect..
YOU with Love
In Andhra Pradesh...people from Andhra side others as Meeru (AAP) and people from telangana call Nuvvu(Tu)....so some of the Andhra People feel that telangana people are not that respectful...however that's a Myth!Respect is not in the way we address the people..but the attitude we show...However I donot like addressing people tum unnecessarily and I donot like strangers addressing me tu....as if they  know me from centuries...but however....this is not an issue

I dont thinkn people understand link bet' language and respect.. even on the forum if you call anybody with a suffix ji... they immeidiatly say I am not an aunty....so please dont put a ji.....language has its own of conveying respect which english totally lacks....and actions have their own.. You can address a person as aap and then slap him repeatedly...though thats ridiculous...

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

YOU with respect
YOU with disrespect..
YOU with Love

I dont thinkn people understand link bet' language and respect.. even on the forum if you call anybody with a suffix ji... they immeidiatly say I am not an aunty....so please dont put a ji.....language has its own of conveying respect which english totally lacks....and actions have their own.. You can address a person as aap and then slap him repeatedly...though thats ridiculous...

Just like saying Aap bade badmash hai ji!
Whatever....classy language makes the conversations classy..whether its a classy fight or classy chat.....

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 9:43am | IP Logged

Just like saying Aap bade badmash hai ji!
Whatever....classy language makes the conversations classy..whether its a classy fight or classy chat.....

but it more sound like " Aaap ki badmashion ke ye naye andaaz hain .. aap ki aankhon main kuch mahke hoye say khwab hain"WinkLOLLOL

Agree with Qwerts .. english is lacking when it come to convey emotions through words with respect to the subject .I love our desi languages ..most because with a single word we can ..not only describe our relation to the person but respect and emotions too ...Smile

Edited by Morning_Dew - 23 September 2007 at 9:46am

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by Morning_Dew

but it more sound like " Aaap ki badmashion ke ye naye andaaz hain.. aap ki aankhon main kuch mahke hoye say khwab hain"WinkLOLLOL

One of my all timefav. songs.

I even address youngsters as 'Aap' if they are strangers. I only use 'tum' when I feel closer to them like good friends and relatives. I use 'Tu'for tapori languageLOL act like on thisforum with Raunaqwa and Munnabhai (Bunbutt).

LOL LOL LOL in reality i never use tu, one or two of my classmates in school used tu and it sounded so weird, we always use tum and aap for strangers but never tu, sometimes when people call tu in the first meeting, i find it very weird Ouch Ouch Ouch but in tapori sub chalta hai Wink for me aap is a very respected word and i only use it for certain people and i mean it when i use it for some people or strangers. tum is very informal and can be used for almost everyone.

Edited by raunaq - 23 September 2007 at 1:57pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top