Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Shame on Indian media! (Page 3)

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 September 2007 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pradarshak

This year India has been hit by one of the worst floods in history, from north to south and east to west. I am not sure how they covered these flood situations in India, but what we get to watch or read is about England test, 20/20, "Mahi the new captain",(Cricket is always the top story on ZEE news) "Nuclear deal with US", "Ramsetu", etc. Their priority is  only to publicize the sensational and controversial news. How could they turn their face from those who need the coverage? Imagine something like this happening in a western country, media will be 24/7 on it's service. Even after 2 yrs US media still talk about "Katrina" and the people's plight. Indian media has again proved "A poor Indian's life is a cheap one and can be wasted." It's a sure sign of inhumanness, shame on them for showing such negligence. 

Yes a thought provoking question! I wonder if media is dynamic here...LOL..they come back to normal state very soon,they are not nostalgic in core issuesConfused...the news are so dynamic hereTongue..cannot blame the media alone...the situations here are also very dynamic...there is videsh ..there is only one sensation news in a season..here there are tons of such things each day...one day it will be a bomb blast,one day it will be a flyover collapse..other day..it will be some floood..some other day it will be drought....so media cannot focuss only on problems all the times in IndiaSmile
lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 20 September 2007 at 12:00pm | IP Logged

I hardly watch Zee news but If I were interested in serious news on the Indian subcontinent  , my choice would not be half hour news on Zee channel.. Most people I know in USA get their news from CNN or BBC and from variety of local channels. Why would there be an array of newschannels if the format and content must be same?

May be here in USA we do not get to watch all of the news hour on ZEE as they say good bye to only international audience at the end of half hour. It sure seems they cater first half hour to NRI's and pack it with cricket, celebrity and religion headlines.. 

Pradarshak Goldie
Pradarshak
Pradarshak

Posted: 20 September 2007 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Mythilli, it's not just in India, sensational news gets importance everywhere in the world. It happens in USA too. Celebrity news/murder/scandal always makes headlines. But when something big and bad happen to the life of the people that gets the priority, rest take the side lane.

It's just not about TV, look into internet - Samachar, rediff, msn-india(these are commmonly viewed by the people). There was no such effort from them.

Yes CNN-BBC gives a better picture than Zee news(ridiculous). What I meant to say is the way other well known western channels cover any natural calamity, does the Indian media(24/7 news channels) cover that way? I am not sure what happens in India, here I have not seen any such wide coverage. I hope you guys realize this was the worst hit in Indian history.

Edited by Pradarshak - 20 September 2007 at 7:51pm

Go to top