Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

kabhi_21

IF-Rockerz

kabhi_21

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 9:25am | IP Logged
now u bet why i watch the zee tv serials preferrred to news channel Cry
and to counter that..... why am I on net prefered to watching TV LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shame on Indian media! (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 11:52am | IP Logged
We want to see the real India, not the nautanki. Yes I agree people are at times frivolous and take interest in gossips and controversies. But is it not the duty of a journalist to give the real picture of our society. Why indulge/spoon feed something which does no good to the society? Society is not just about a celebrity and the life around, it's also about common people. Almost everything they copy from others, but here they don't seem to have same school of thought.

They try to be so creative in naming the topics and comments, yesterday they showed Chappel ariving in India saying some urdhu used for the kings " ...........hoshiar, Chappel padhar rahe hain." So stupid. Every time I watch Zee News they always start with cricket and it's politics(does not matter whether India playing or not). Be sensible, how can entertainment be the top story of the day(except some world record/achievement or somebody's death).

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

you said it! I agree.
Life doesn't appear to have much value unless it is of a celebrity.

qt, i feel we have some kind of telepathy going on here. just in the morning i was thinking about the media who focus on bollywood actors monitoring what are they eating, how much are they eating, what are they allergic to, what kind of dress makes them look low profile, what irritates them etc. . but its really sad that substantial issues are swept aside in india especially those people affected by natural disasters etc. medias in other places cover important aspects. you pick up an indian newspaper, there is a picture of a celebrity on the first page most of the time. you call this media? people dont buy newspapers to know the lifestyle of celebrities

Edited by raunaq - 19 September 2007 at 2:06pm

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
I hope we could do something about it. IF SRGMP has given me the idea - whether works or not does not matter. But I will and also tell my friends to write to the media people to look into the matters they are supposed to.

Saaree kasoor hamarein nazroon ka hain. We don't wish to see the bad and gandha stuff, we are by nature attracted to the glossy stuff.

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 1:57pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Pradarshak

I hope we could do something about it. IF SRGMP has given me the idea - whether works or not does not matter. But I will and also tell my friends to write to the media people to look into the matters they are supposed to.

Saaree kasoor hamarein nazroon ka hain. We don't wish to see the bad and gandha stuff, we are by nature attracted to the glossy stuff.

BINGOTongue

Mashail

Goldie

Mashail

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
i didnt even anything like happened!!!

anyway sorry to hear abt the unfortunate event and abt the media thing!!!

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
Same here, sorry to hear about it. We can just pray, I guess.

Topic -

I have said it many times and repeating it again, media shows what people want and they get the TRP's.

Just as an example, no offy - How many us would prefer watching interview of Dhoni's dudhwala, if there was option of watching some serious news?? nah don't answer it, just think about it Tongue

Its not that media doesn't deliver news, it sure does all the masala news that people like to hear and interested in, thats how they are earnign thier bread and butter. Thoese days have gone when partkaar or news editor, even though had nothing eat used to deliver real news for benefit or betterment or awareness of society, might still exists in movies but for real ouch Ouch

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 10:46pm | IP Logged

These attributes put you on the right path for a career in the news biz.

What makes a good reporter?
Schools will tell you that it can be taught, but journalism schools are more for learning story structure, media law, note-taking, etc. But everything that makes a writer a journalist can't be taught in a classroom. It's often said that some people are "born journalists." What are those qualities that turn someone who loves the news into a successful news hack?
    Resourcefulness: This is the "where there's a will, there's a way" person. When a reporter hits a brick wall when chasing down a story, he or she needs to have the kind of mind that can quickly come up with new avenues to try. Commitment: The news business is highly unpredictable, and the person who refuses to work nights, weekends, or holidays usually won't get far.Even at a low-pressure weekly newspaper or on the features desk, you never know when the sky will fall and you have to drop everything and get on the story. Are you willing to sacrifice some aspects of your personal life for your job? Speed and accuracy: It's not enough to write well -- you have to also write fast. And this is where many aspiring journalists stumble. They may do well in writing classes and show a good grasp of the news, but when it comes to deadline, to cranking out a story in 15 minutes and juggling last-minute quotes and details as they dribble in and the clock is ticking, they falter. If you love to write news but can't handle tight deadlines, try magazines. Thick skin: Editors may yell at you. In a high-pressure environment, you may clash with co-workers under similar stress. Readers at one time or another will call you nasty names. You might even receive threats because of stories you write. Can you let it roll off? News judgment: Reporters have to have an eye for what is newsworthy, what the hook is in a story. Editors are there to help reporters develop good news judgment, but there are times when journalists will have to make snap decisions on their own and find the proper focus for a story. Spelling and grammar: A good journalist turns in relatively clean copy and doesn't lean on the editors to catch every error, thus possesses decent spelling and grammar skills. Multitasking: Needless to say, journalists have to juggle many things at a time. Press releases and tips flow into your inbox, people are throwing more stuff on your desk, an editor may want a rewrite on the same day you have another story due. Good journalists have prioritization skills to keep from missing stories and to keep one's sanity. Interpersonal skills: This is not to say that a good journalist is a chipper "people person." Many aren't. Some are abrasive or introverted in everyday life. But they do know how to talk to someone to get the information they need and can inspire some degree of trust in their source. They aren't shy at press conferences and can get their questions heard and answered.
  • Confidence: You need to feel that you can ask the tough questions, take the backlash, get the scoop, get a story written with accurate facts and quotes. A good journalist must have the guts to take that extra leap to get his or her story.

http://journalism.about.com/od/journalismcareers/qt/qualitie s.htm

I believe now a days media always using to supress Govt or nation by making controversy over a local stories, Some jurnelist forget they are talking to whole world, they just put their own made up view in the local stories,and make controversy so they cant keep the standard.Embarrassed

Edited by Believe - 19 September 2007 at 10:56pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top