Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 12:30am | IP Logged
This year India has been hit by one of the worst floods in history, from north to south and east to west. I am not sure how they covered these flood situations in India, but what we get to watch or read is about England test, 20/20, "Mahi the new captain",(Cricket is always the top story on ZEE news) "Nuclear deal with US", "Ramsetu", etc. Their priority is  only to publicize the sensational and controversial news. How could they turn their face from those who need the coverage? Imagine something like this happening in a western country, media will be 24/7 on it's service. Even after 2 yrs US media still talk about "Katrina" and the people's plight. Indian media has again proved "A poor Indian's life is a cheap one and can be wasted." It's a sure sign of inhumanness, shame on them for showing such negligence. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

IdeaQueen

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shame on Indian media!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 2:26am | IP Logged
you said it! I agree.
Life doesn't appear to have much value unless it is of a celebrity.

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 2:38am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

you said it! I agree.

Agree... but people too want to know abt the celebs...

If in Star News it is showing about how sanju baba or Salman Khan stayed in jail or details abt Mallika Sherawat's age and on other hand Zee news showing the advantages and dis-advantages if Nuclear deal happen...

Then you only decide what people will hook to? 

They dont feel to see the news about common people.....they dont realize unless things happen in there own life.

sohn

sohn

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 3:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_gallery

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

you said it! I agree.

Agree... but people too want to know abt the celebs...

If in Star News it is showing about how sanju baba or Salman Khan stayed in jail or details abt Mallika Sherawat's age and on other hand Zee news showing the advantages and dis-advantages if Nuclear deal happen...

Then you only decide what people will hook to? 

They dont feel to see the news about common people.....they dont realize unless things happen in there own life.

Kinda agree with you and Subha Di as well.

This Star News channel is a total nautanki channel! I cannot believe the news they come up with, I dont think we ever stay on it for more then 1 minute cus its all about Soaps, Celebrities and weird news around the country which at times just makes you wonder, what the heck is going on with these people, are they selling whatever they want or wish to or are they selling all this cus people really wanna watch this?! Ermm

Edited by sohn - 19 September 2007 at 3:06am

ChameliKaYaar

IF-Rockerz

ChameliKaYaar

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 4:12am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Pradarshak

This year India has been hit by one of the worst floods in history, from north to south and east to west. I am not sure how they covered these flood situations in India, but what we get to watch or read is about England test, 20/20, "Mahi the new captain",(Cricket is always the top story on ZEE news) "Nuclear deal with US", "Ramsetu", etc. Their priority is  only to publicize the sensational and controversial news. How could they turn their face from those who need the coverage? Imagine something like this happening in a western country, media will be 24/7 on it's service. Even after 2 yrs US media still talk about "Katrina" and the people's plight. Indian media has again proved "A poor Indian's life is a cheap one and can be wasted." It's a sure sign of inhumanness, shame on them for showing such negligence. 

Is it just media or us?Big smile... Don't we abet the Media by watching those channels? Aren'twe responsible for TRPs of these channels? Media will cater to what you want to watch. Blame ourselves.Wink 

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Ek dum local news dheekna hey thoo IndiaTv dheekna.... Wink   Smile

souro

souro

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 6:33am | IP Logged

Yesterday I opened a news channel (don't remember which one), and saw the TV guys interviewing someone. It took a li'l time for me to realise that it was M.S. Dhoni's dudhwala, and at the bottom they were showing 'dudh ka kamaal'.

When the media starts interviewing even the milkmen of celebrities, there is not much I expect from them in respect of serious reporting.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Yesterday I opened a news channel (don't remember which one), and saw the TV guys interviewing someone. It took a li'l time for me to realise that it was M.S. Dhoni's dudhwala, and at the bottom they were showing 'dudh ka kamaal'.

When the media starts interviewing even the milkmen of celebrities, there is not much I expect from them in respect of serious reporting.

lol LOLyaa he drink 6ltr milk n other matter naaa......LOLsame tv channel i mention above...Confused

Edited by Believe - 19 September 2007 at 7:08am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top