India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

is Purab REALLY responsible

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 7:23pm | IP Logged

Know what…..this constant censure of Purab has become rather boring. Now I know that I endorse watching JJKN with ur minds on standby mode, but honestly it is ok to switch them back on afterwards…Wink

The way I see it, the problem is that we r judging his actions, divorced from what he did before and the kind of person he is shown to be…..just the mere act of dumping his fiance at the proverbial altar does seem to be the act of a coward, on top of that breaking things off by writing a mere letter and leaving Jassi to bear the burden alone does compound that feeling….

But what confuses me is why did he decide to break things off….why now….many reasons have been cited…..the most popular being that he realized that Jassi could not fit in his lifestyle….she was too gauche for him…..do u really buy that….I cant….

Purab's charm was that he was the steady guy in the show…..even when Jassi, Nandu, the Walias, HM, all were against him, and the gods were definitely not favoring him, he remained adamant abt proving his innocence to Jassi….his avowal of love was thrown in his face yet he still visited Gulmohar to meet Jassi oblivious to any public/private humiliations she might dish out….does not seem like the acts of a coward to me…..his relationship with Rohan (and timely appearance at the Walia house every morning to drive Queen Vic to her "stateroom")show his sense of duty and obligation….Moreover, he has never lied to Jassi nor caused her any hurt (even when this hurt was important for her to realize that Armaan was using her)……so why blame him of being callous now….

Although this seems a very valid reason, the thing is had status been the grounds, he had ample opportunities to end the relationship (or avoid it) earlier….the episode with Samar Singh (obnoxious reporter)…for a private person like him, invasion of privacy and making his emotions public seem the ultimate cause for avoiding Jassi…..Moreover, Jassi's continuously refusal of any help from him, would have been painful for his ego…..so why not end the relationship then….. and I refuse to buy that an astute businessman did not have the foresight to see how different Jassi was from him……if it was Bebe's gajar-ka-halwa that had made a permanent fixture of him in the Walia house, then I suggest we bottle it and sell it in the market as a remedy for divorce…..Wink

I believe that it was after Sweta mentioned that Jassi was still in love with Armaan, that he decided to get out of her way…..knowing Jassi, she would have gone with the sagaai to please her parents and then spent her life in a loveless marriage…. any confrontation at that point would have had Jassi denying this implication being the stubborn girl she is…so he decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and let  his love go…Cry

Now maybe I'm really dense and cant fathom what khidri the master minds of T&D have planned, but turning Purab negative makes no sense to me…..if someone understands it better I would be grateful if u explain it to me too……Confused

ExoticDivinity2 Senior Member
ExoticDivinity2
ExoticDivinity2

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 7:54pm | IP Logged

Wow nice essay on Purab....Clap

Well this is what I think, I know that in reality Samir Soni did not want to be the one to hurt Jassi in the show, but T & D just didn't care Confused and made him turn negative.  But here's how I see it....Jassi didn't love Purab and Purab knew that, however, he knew that if he could somehow have Jassi's family love him and talk to her about marrying him, that maybe she might end up saying yes.  She did...and I honestly think that after watching him and Jassi together, he had tried his ample best to be at her side, to support her with everything, and above all, love her for who she was, not for her insides despite what everyone said about her, and what she even said about herself Heart.  He really truly did love her, and I think that in the end, he left because he realized that she just loved Armaan Ermm.  I don't know if I'm wrong in this, but why the heck didn't Jassi just talk back to Meenakshi and tell her to take a hike out of her's and Purab's life Disapprove.  Instead, she just left Purab's party with Armaan sir so fast...the rest of her family was there, why didn't she just tell them to come with her, or tell them to go home since she was hearing people say things about her and Purab.  That proved right then and there to Purab that Jassi would run to Armaan because her heart belonged to her, therefore, Purab just decided to say something and leave.  I bet that really hurt Purab's heart a lot, because if in reality that happened to me, I would have been hurt a lot.  What's confusing is that Purab said that Jassi doesn't belong in his world, and I know that Meenakshi saying it to him had no real impact on him....yet, how could he say that knowing that he was the one who fell in love with her and wanted to marry her and went all the way to declare his love for her and keep all her secrets and everything, and was not doing that to hurt her unless......

......unless he really was faking it the whole time and didn't really love Jassi, except to gain an entry into Gulmuhor, and no one knew about it at all...not even Jassi Shocked.   Then again, from the way Jassi behaved with him, I don't know why he even bothered to be with her in the first place.  Her eyes and ears and heart only belonged to Armaan, who has now betrayed her and has led her to her ugly demise.....

OH and wouldn't that be true that Purab was after Gulmohor in the beginning, because remember when he was talking to Aryan and making plans to I think buy out Gulmohor or get some of its secrets?????  This makes me wonder what happened to 3T??

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
hmmmm....good points..... Purab after Gulmohar, the villian disguised as a hero......now if that were true then a lot of things would make sense....as for 3T, I think when the chairman of company vanishes in thin air, so does the company, its never-seen employees and HM....and Nandan Verma gets partial amenesia...........
*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ides

But what confuses me is why did he decide to break things off….why now….many reasons have been cited…..the most popular being that he realized that Jassi could not fit in his lifestyle….she was too gauche for him…..do u really buy that….I cant….

Purab's charm was that he was the steady guy in the show…..even when Jassi, Nandu, the Walias, HM, all were against him, and the gods were definitely not favoring him, he remained adamant abt proving his innocence to Jassi….his avowal of love was thrown in his face yet he still visited Gulmohar to meet Jassi oblivious to any public/private humiliations she might dish out….does not seem like the acts of a coward to me…..his relationship with Rohan (and timely appearance at the Walia house every morning to drive Queen Vic to her "stateroom")show his sense of duty and obligation….Moreover, he has never lied to Jassi nor caused her any hurt (even when this hurt was important for her to realize that Armaan was using her)……so why blame him of being callous now….

I believe that it was after Sweta mentioned that Jassi was still in love with Armaan, that he decided to get out of her way…..knowing Jassi, she would have gone with the sagaai to please her parents and then spent her life in a loveless marriage…. any confrontation at that point would have had Jassi denying this implication being the stubborn girl she is…so he decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and let  his love go…Cry

Now maybe I'm really dense and cant fathom what khidri the master minds of T&D have planned, but turning Purab negative makes no sense to me…..if someone understands it better I would be grateful if u explain it to me too……Confused

Clap great analysis Ides! Yes, I too believe that Purab took Meenaxi's words about Jassi loving Armaan to heart and based his decision off of that. The way he was portrayed---i.e. making sure Jassi found out he hadn't deceived her for Gulmohar--really makes it hard for me to believe he is capable of such a thing.  I judge him based on his behavior with Jassi for 9 months--not what he did in one episode.  He did hurt Jassi, but i think he felt that this short term pain for her would be beneficial for her in the long-run and he sacrificed his love for her.  He treated Jassi in a consistent manner and never wavered in his devotion to her and based his decision to leave her on that foundation of care and love...

spike Senior Member
spike
spike

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 9:52pm | IP Logged

well ides i am sure happy someone doesn't think of Purab's exit as a cowardly act.

Purab's character wa the only real thing happening in jjkn. prior to rmors about his exit n even after the incident, many ppl had posted messages to the management of Sony to end prab n jojo together and bring purab back. The sad part of the story is that all of us received the same automated response from Sony...jjkn is an adaptation from BLF....blah blah blah...and the show mst go on..jjkn is in a very interesting turn, please watch...

i had stopped watching jjkn since purab's departure n havebt watched any episode since (save for the letter part and jojo's tears when she tells nandu the truth)

Samir's exit as Purab was a management decision and he had confirmed himself that the exit was permanent. And the TRP landslide after that confirms that purab's exit has had an impact on the viewers and on the show...

from all the events that occured, we all were compelled to understand that Sony n TnD have only considers their own views when it came to purab's exit. the polls and the promos did not even matter to them.

TnD have turned a good piece of work into a pile of garbage because the show never went the way TnD initially painted the picture. Which is why i find it hard to believe the justifications for Purab's sudden exit. More than that, i don't believe Sony n TnD anymore.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 10:02pm | IP Logged

Well as I see it,it's not about Purab becoming negative in our discussions,rather than him getting exempted of everything that happened with his character with his each and every action justified with the blame being laid at someone else's door whereas Jassi and Armaaan themselves taking flak for everything,however rediculous and inconsistence with their character, that happened with them ........... My point is all the three characters are fictional and stand on the same plane and hence should be treated equally..........So if Jassi and Armaan are judged based on the actions taking place in the show,so should be Purab.

Jassi,Armaan & Purab do not exist outside the show and hence external factors outside the show cannot be counted while judging them ........and if they are ever taken into account then it has to be taken for all three of them.

ritu Goldie
ritu
ritu

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
That was great , u penned down everything that was in my mind. Clap
tupa Groupbie
tupa
tupa

Posted: 23 December 2004 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

hey

frm da story  i  felt purab has realized dat jassi luvs only arman so by getting married 2 him jassi was making a compromise which purab didn't like so he decided 2 sacrifice his luv 4 jassi's happiness but still his sudden exit is not justifiable n logical 2 me. i found da words of da letter which purab wrote 2 jassi is very unrealistic n rude. a person like purab can never write dis sort of letter. just remember the first letter n its lines which he wrote 2 jassi. make a comparison between 2 letters n u'll understand wat i meant.

as i was curious bout wat actually happened, i read dat since da makers of jjkn decided to stay close 2 original dey wanted to show  purab's exit in such a disgraceful way so dat ppl will think him as a cheater n will grow sympathy 4 arman but since samir was not convinced bout purab's sudden change of mind so he denied 2 shoot further.

watever happened i believe all fault goes to sony authorities, tony deeya n sunil lulla dey not only threw da most interesting n inspiring character frm da show but also cheated majority of the  viewers who have voted 4 purab to get married wit jassi, dey were continuously fooling da audiences by showing da engagement preparations though dey knew dat dey cant change da ending,

i agree wit spike i don't believe Sony n TnD as they r da biggest liars in da world.

Go to top