Page 1 of 1

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 18 September 2007 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

Hellooooo everyone! Big smile

So sorry for the delay in posting the Discussion! Embarrassed

So, the topic of the week is...

Are extra-curriculars as important as your studies?

Almost everyone, when they were young, were encouraged to take part in extra curricular activities outside of school. This can include: Sports, Musical Instruments, Dance, etc.

Do you feel it is important to continue doing these activities? Even in college, when you are applying for universities, or in university itself?

I'm sure we have all heard our teachers or parents nag us about how important they are for your CV or Personal Statement when applying for further education. But what's your view on that? Smile

Please discuss!

Love,

College and Uni Dev Team

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Extra curriculars" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 18 September 2007 at 2:03pm | IP Logged

Extra curricular activities are very important & enjoyable! I was and am going to music lessons and it is very helpful because you can take your mind of school/homework etc. And they also help you in future, for example, nowadays universites are letting people with certificates from other extra curricular activities. Some students do music/dancs for GCSE and attending extra curricular classes for music/dance may help them get a better grade. So i think that extra currcular activities are important! 

Howlarious

IF-Addictz

Howlarious

Posted: 19 September 2007 at 2:38am | IP Logged

Well extra cirricular activites are important!! They not only make you friends, but you get fit and active at the same time Big smile They are important, but as much as studies..Cirricular activies are just like something on the side. Embarrassed

And yeah it is important to carry on doing these kinda activities when you get into college because universities are interested in what you can offer them! Embarrassed and even if it is representing the uni at football or whatever then its still good..Big smile they wanna see what you got for them and if u put on ur personal statement dat u played football for ur college and then they will think that u will play football for the uni too Big smile so its good! Wink

Its definetly important..Take my word for it..It helps getting into Uni LOL

-Rose-

IF-Dazzler

-Rose-

Posted: 23 September 2007 at 4:38am | IP Logged
aww Anisha did u play football? LOL

Howlarious

IF-Addictz

Howlarious

Posted: 28 September 2007 at 5:12am | IP Logged
yes i did Embarrassed LOL

Post Reply New Post