Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Celebrity Influence

Morning_Dew Goldie
Morning_Dew
Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 15 September 2007 at 7:26am | IP Logged

Just now one news channel is talking about celebrity influence on children especially teens .. they are focusing more on smoking in films and trying to get opinion from teens about the influence .

What do you think it does affect or a better parenting would make them strong for not affected by negative influences like this ..

(I dont' remember  if it has been discussed or not )

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 15 September 2007 at 9:28am | IP Logged
when parents fail to imbibe virtues and also to provide good role models, celebrities become influencial. Smile   I could not be inspired by celebrities who smoked, who drank beyond limits and who drove car over poor people sleeping at the curb Dead
Goodness in celebrities is something one can appreciate and try to follow.
(Oprah, Shabana & many others)- not because they're celebrity, but becos they're good role models.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 15 September 2007 at 9:30am
lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 15 September 2007 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

Teens have always wanted to do things- bad things that they see adults do around them. Good parenting and family values must be imbibed in them much before they become teenagers.

Swar_Raj IF-Dazzler
Swar_Raj
Swar_Raj

Posted: 15 September 2007 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
thir was a time when I thought only bad peopel play billiards LOL not sure if any one remembers but in old movies villians playing billiards and hitting the ball with a command of killing and smoking was their style. When my eldest sister's husband was reffered as a billiard champion ( I think I was still in elementary...cannot remember)I was too scared to go near him for long time LOL

Yes movies and celebrities do effect them and it is the role of parents that can show them the correct way out of it.
Tongue Big smile
lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 15 September 2007 at 2:56pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Swar_Raj

thir was a time when I thought only bad peopel play billiards LOL not sure if any one remembers but in old movies villians playing billiards and hitting the ball with a command of killing and smoking was their style. When my eldest sister's husband was reffered as a billiard champion ( I think I was still in elementary...cannot remember)I was too scared to go near him for long time LOL

Yes movies and celebrities do effect them and it is the role of parents that can show them the correct way out of it.
Tongue Big smile

Oh I know exactly what you mean..LOL  In 60's and 70's hindi movies there used to be this middle aged pudgy actor who was often seen in living room of his mansion wearing a robe and smoking a pipe and I thought only bad people wore robes..Wink LOL I think Pran did that too.

Mashail Goldie
Mashail
Mashail

Posted: 15 September 2007 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
well i personally dont think tht celebrities influence kids or ppl in general as much as family, and friends do.... the ppl u see everyday .... are the ppl u learn from ..... u turn out to be like ur family!!!
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 16 September 2007 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Teens have always wanted to do things- bad things that they see adults do around them. Good parenting and family values must be imbibed in them much before they become teenagers.

wellsaidClap
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 16 September 2007 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Tongue Big smile

Oh I know exactly what you mean..LOL  In 60's and 70's hindi movies there used to be this middle aged pudgy actor who was often seen in living room of his mansion wearing a robe and smoking a pipe and I thought only bad people wore robes..Wink LOL I think Pran did that too.

LOL..  while heroes danced around trees and sang songs?

I thought that's how kids were born and curiously asked my folks when they found time to do all that singing and dancing, since they looked too busy for that EmbarrassedOuch!  speak of what celebrities are asked to do..

Go to top