Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 14 September 2007 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Well if so many people are intrested why dont you people first of all nominate a book you all want to read (Not you have read) and then which ever book gets the most votes, everyone will have to read dat book within a month, and then you can all post ur reviews here! Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Virtual Book Club Thought (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 15 September 2007 at 10:26pm | IP Logged

i Like to nominate the book, Anthem by Ayn Rand.
its about 100 pages and a easy read acordding to this reader [Ryan Solero]

This book bascially explains the author's philosophy about the future of mankind. Its explains of a world with no happiness or induvidualism. Everybody is the same and everyone is brothers. Well, the main theme of the story is that one man dares to be different in a world of no induvidualism. This causes some serious complications among in this lifeless society and almost leads to his death. What the author was trying to prove withthis story is that if things keep going the way they do, we might possibly have a society like this in the future. This was a really great book to read. Its very easy reading, but it still keeps you interested and thinking the entire time. You find yourself the whole time realizing how obsurd the whole situation in the story. One particular aspect I liked about the story was, instead of using induvidualistic words such as I, me, him, her, or my, they were brought up using words such as,We, ours, them they. Even if they were talking about themselves, they would use those words. Its actually very confusing and it may take a while to get accustomed to use of those words. Note: Remember, we = I. Think of it that way and it will help you.

so for a first read, this book is an awesome candidate =]

its short n it has a lot to discuss abt.

Edited by madsoul0226 - 15 September 2007 at 10:34pm

Sai-licious

IF-Rockerz

Sai-licious

Posted: 16 September 2007 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madsoul0226

i Like to nominate the book, Anthem by Ayn Rand.
its about 100 pages and a easy read acordding to this reader [Ryan Solero]

This book bascially explains the author's philosophy about the future of mankind. Its explains of a world with no happiness or induvidualism. Everybody is the same and everyone is brothers. Well, the main theme of the story is that one man dares to be different in a world of no induvidualism. This causes some serious complications among in this lifeless society and almost leads to his death. What the author was trying to prove withthis story is that if things keep going the way they do, we might possibly have a society like this in the future. This was a really great book to read. Its very easy reading, but it still keeps you interested and thinking the entire time. You find yourself the whole time realizing how obsurd the whole situation in the story. One particular aspect I liked about the story was, instead of using induvidualistic words such as I, me, him, her, or my, they were brought up using words such as,We, ours, them they. Even if they were talking about themselves, they would use those words. Its actually very confusing and it may take a while to get accustomed to use of those words. Note: Remember, we = I. Think of it that way and it will help you.

so for a first read, this book is an awesome candidate =]

its short n it has a lot to discuss abt.

GR8888888 explanation... but the book u suggest should not be a book u have already read - just to be fair with everyone... it could be a book ur planning on reading or something like that...Embarrassed

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 17 September 2007 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
i didnt read the book. someone suggested it to me. so i brought it up here.

Sai-licious

IF-Rockerz

Sai-licious

Posted: 17 September 2007 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
^^^ oh... sorry 'bout that then... Embarrassed Embarrassed seems like a nice book... Big smile

Edited by Sai-licious - 17 September 2007 at 8:21pm

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 20 September 2007 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
so ne1 got ne more suggestions?
there seems to be a big hult here.
Confused

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 21 September 2007 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
I want to read the book "Im alice" by susan Jones! Embarrassed Im planning to read dat since last 1 month but im too lazy! LOL

OnlyHope

IF-Stunnerz

OnlyHope

Posted: 22 September 2007 at 12:22am | IP Logged
I want to read My Sister's Keeper. I don't know exactly what it's about, but I've heard a lot about it Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top